1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

midi-mas

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by iznodj, Mar 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

hi,
    anybody could use midi automation with SD as stand alone, seems like i can't get it to work! Any tips?
    Also, any chance that we could use it with DP 3 in mas?
    thanx

2. C.P.Roth

C.P.Roth New Member

Hi!

The only way I've found that SD will work with DP 3.x is thru TC Work's SPARK FX MACHINE SE. You can download it here:

http://www.tcworks.de/home/content/en/Welcome/render_top

It costs $30 US or $35 Euro.

AudioEase's VST Wrapper will NOT run SD. The SFXM will load it up but is not completely stabile and you have to work fairly carefully in DP to not "lose" the plug in which is easy to do if you start changing the ins or outs on the aux track you have the plug assigned to. Also I have noticed on some days that scrolling horizontally or virtically in the SD window (SFXM does NOT have the screen space to display the full GUI of SD), there is sometimes audio clicking, but this is only during scrolling. The sound overall is perfect!

Keep in mind that you have to put your VST plugs into folders that live in the SYSTEM>EXTENSIONS>MOTU>PLUG-INS folder. And SD will need its OWN folder just for the two (mono & stereo) VST plugs.

The GOOD news is that SFXM will find ANY VST plugs in folders as long as they are all residing in that >MOTU>PLUG-INS folder. I've made three folders there: One for SD, one for the plugs that VST Wrapper WILL run, and one for the plugs VST Wrapper WON'T run, which SFXM seems to have no problem with.

Oh, and SFXM will NOT run VSTi's.

HTH

CP

3. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

midi

Thanx CP,
    I might try Sparx, what about midi automation? Did make it work with SD as stand alone?

4. C.P.Roth

C.P.Roth New Member

Haven't tried that, but I don't think there's ANY way to get VST plugs to automate in DP for now. I KNOW VST Wrapper won't do it and there doesn't seem to be a way for the automatable paramaters in SD to come up in either the SFXM window OR the SE window in DP.

Sorry...

Maybe when Pluggo v3 is released there might be a way to do this!

CP

5. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Hum, I find that strange cause I can get automation with vst wrapper 3.0. I recall doing that for sure! I'll try again and let you know.
    But my question about midi was more like: using CC with SD as a stand alone, that I never was able to do. Is there's a way of doing it?
    thanx

6. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Stupid me, of course you're right CP, some plugs I have in mas and vst, I got confused...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.