Midi note remapper vst?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mudchild, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Mudchild

Mudchild NI Product Owner

Hi

Anyone know of a good midi note remapper vst, so I can easily remap notes coming from Maschine to stuff like Superior Drummer? Free would be ideal...

Cheers

Mud

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Never used this one, but it appears its free/donationware.

https://www.codefn42.com/notemapper/index.html

If I need to remap the pads, I just adjust the root notes to match the note I want to trigger then save as a Group preset, but if you are trying to remap existing GM drum Loops, then this may work... Let me know how it goes, interested in knowing if it works.

Peace,

Blineddie

3. Mudchild

ah yes of course, I could just do it that way... Superior D on 1 and the other pads all sending MIDI to it with adjuster root notes... Doh

But yeah it would be nice to save space on the pads by having it all take place within one pad...

and I should have specified, I'm Mac, so can't use that one... will search for others, but if any others have tips, chip in...

4. Blindeddie

Sorry, assumed Win (as usual)

Don't quite understand what you mean by "Take Place all within one Pad", can you explain?

5. Mudchild

instead of using the other pads/sounds to send MIDI to the VSTi, I was thinking use keyboard mode on the one pad/sound that contains the VSTi, and just have the sequential notes therein to go to the VST via a remapper plugin, which translates the sequential notes to notes suitable for that VSTi.

does that make sense?

6. Blindeddie

another trick to use if you want to map all the pads to a kit, is the following

1. Load Superior into a sound.
    2. right click the group, select "Group Midi Batch Setup --> Sounds to Midi Notes"
    3. select sounds 2 - 16 click the Channel icon-->Output-->Midi-->Destination and select the sound slot SD is in. (something like S1: Superior Drummer)

The pads will then trigger the individual drums in GM mode (make sure to set the root note for all pads to C1) This uses the Transpose knob in the Midi out section of the sound to assign which note is triggered...if that makes any sense!!!

And yes your explanation makes sense.

Peace,

Blindeddie

7. RustyBumpkin

RustyBumpkin New Member

I use Bome. Don't know if it would suit your needs but it does all kinds of wonders for my workflow

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I would look for a possibility to re learn the midi notes and then save it as preset (with superior drummer it is possible e.g.). Maschine does not allow midi plugins And for the great bomes midi translator you would need a virtual midi cable.

Uwe

9. RustyBumpkin

RustyBumpkin New Member

10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

yes i know but i prefer solutions that don´t need furter stuff if possible and if you can just re map the midi notes in the instrument then it is much better i think.

Uwe