1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

MIDI processing plugin?

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by bsamuels, Aug 19, 2011.

1. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

I have built an ensemble that processes midi note events only, not audio. can I use this as a plugin? (Mainstage) The files don't show when I try to load it as a plugin. Is this because I have no audio ins and outs? Can I place dummy audio ins-outs and expect this to work?

2. Loopy C

Loopy C NI Product Owner

You need to run it (Reaktor that is) as a vst plug-in (and any additional plug-ins meant to receive your processed MIDI)...if you are in an AU-only host then use something like Plogue Bidule as a 'shell' (or Kore if you have it). Audio Unit plug-ins do not pass MIDI between themselves.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

Thanks for that info. does someone know if Mainstage 2 supports VST plugins, Iam getting conflicting reports on different forums.

4. bsamuels

bsamuels Forum Member

Mainstage 2 is the most powerful live performance tool I have found for the Mac. I use it for programming Broadway show performances, where patches changes come fast and furious. Kore by itself is awkward.Also I have tried to use Kore a s a shell as suggested in this thread but when I try to load my Reaktor ensemble as a VST plugin, I get an error message telling me to update my software. (It is current). when I try to load as an AU plugin, it loads, but that defeats the intent to pass MIDI through (I thik)