Mikro MK3 Controller Editor template for FL Studio 20?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, Oct 22, 2019.

1. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Sorry to sound lazy, but I have never used CE before and I am looking for someone who could please help with get started with a basic Mikro MK3 template for FL Studio 20.

I tried to fiddle a bit, but only the Play and Stop button works. I am familiar with MIDI controllers and their setup in general, but a bit clueless how should I go about with CE setup.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

3. LoveEnigma

Thanks buddy, I will try to go through it, but I believe it won't work. FL does support MCU, but the way FL handles MIDI is quite different from other DAWs. Does Logic Pro X support MIDI CCs for keyboard shortcuts, for example?

4. AL’DREAD

Yes logic supports midi cc for keyboard shortcuts.

In controller editor you can set anything to a midi cc or mcu , mcu is easier as it has predefined actions, for play rec etc , a little like the predefined cc , for velocity cutoff mod .
    In controller editor if you select a button, over to the right of the ui , you have templates/ pages /assign
    The standard mikro template has only one pad page , so add a new template to get all 8 pad pages .
    If you select assign that where you can assign buttons/pads/transport , either as mcu , cc , note , program change.
    If you download the templates I’ve provided and fl supports mcu they should work straight away , you may need to add the mcu device in fl , which would be mackie control Universal
    FYI
    On my template the pads are set to midi channel 2 , mcu uses midi channel 1 , otherwise it causes a conflict

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. AL’DREAD

6. AL’DREAD

The above links have a mikro mk2 template and some info on mcu

you don’t have to use the mcu
    From the mikro mk2 template you should be able to copy it to a mk3 template, you’ll need a pen an pad
    Copy the details for each pad /buttons and use that to setup the new template , I’ll have a look later , when I get time , I might be able to make one if you can’t

Unless someone has done one already a posted it on the web

7. AL’DREAD

8. LoveEnigma

Thank you so much, Al. I really appreciate your time. I will try to workout on your suggestions and will follow the links and see if I can come up with a good template. If I do, I will share it with the community here.

I need some good couple of hours to give proper thought rather than doing randomly. Your posts will surely help. :):thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. AL’DREAD

No worries, check out some you tube vids , you’ll get the just of it from them , using that mk2 template will give you the assignments numbers to transpose to a mk3 template.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CADILLAKTRACKZ

CADILLAKTRACKZ NI Product Owner

HEY IVE CREATED A TEMPLATE THAT CONTROLLS FL STUDIO LIKE YOUR TRYING TO DO WITH THE MACHINE MK3. I HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL WHERE I SHOW PEOPLE HOW TO USE MASCHINE AND FL STUDIO TOGETHER ALSO. CHECK OUT MY TEMPLATE IT WILL GIVE YOU INSIGHT TO WHAT TYPE OF FUNCTIONS CAN BE ASSIGNED, PEACE!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwO5Be5SXDVp2blTCNVFAkg/

• Like Like x 1
  11. LoveEnigma

Thanks, Cadillak. I saw your video about FL 20 and Maschine MK3 integration. Great job! Very informative.

I was finally able to get some things working using mainly MCU protocol with the help of AL’DREAD, your video, and some fiddling around the Controller Editor.

I have a few questions regarding how you set up/configured the following in your template:

1) Mute/Erase buttons: for erasing the recorded MIDI
    2) Undo/Redo
    3) Jog wheel: Push botton to enter a folder in browser - Got this. Used the right arrow in MCU for the push button. But how do you load the samples to the channel rack through the knob? I guess it is only possible in Maschine MK3 and not Mikro MK3.

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  12. LoveEnigma

Does anyone have an idea why Shift + Arrow keys on Maschine Mikro MK3 does not switch between templates? Basically, this combination does not do anything.

13. AL’DREAD

On the mikro there is only one template

14. LoveEnigma

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean it's hard coded as one for Mikro MK3? I can see I can add many templates in Controller Editor. It's sad we can't move through them via Mikro MK3. :(

Also, do you have any suggestions for my previous questions to Cadillak?

15. LoveEnigma

When I MM MK3 is in MCU mode in FL Studio, the pads don't trigger any MIDI notes for playing drums. Do you have any idea?

16. AL’DREAD

On my template the pads are set to midi channel 2 , mcu is on channel 1 , in logic if you have the pads on channel 1 , they perform more mcu actions , which you don’t want

The mikro can only hold one template, you have to switch templates using ce

When I got time I’ll download the other template and compare it to mine

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  17. LoveEnigma

Mikro holding one template kinda sucks. There are two problems: There is no possibility to launch CE with a default or a configured template. And, we need to have CE open alongside the DAW.

The one template that opens by default does not remember the changes, so we must open the our desired template every time we open CE.

Speaking about Mikro MK3, Controller Editor and FL Studio 20, I have realized that the only best way is to use Bome MIDI Translator Classic to have the full control. If you choose MCU or Maschine Mikro as the device in FL Studio for Mikro MK3, it is not working properly. When in MCU, the pads cannot function as pads. If using Maschine Mikro, we need to assign ports and that adds another level of madness that I have spoken about a few times in the past and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

I have mapped everything to Mikro MK3 and can also use the pads as intended by adding Bome software in the setup. I will try to prepare a guide to show how it works. A little inconvenient, but at least works as expected. Bome software has become a necessity with FL Studio when it comes to MIDI related things, so I just purchased it yesterday. 29 EUR well spent I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AL’DREAD

You should be able to leave your template on the mk3 as your default, drag it to the top of the list
    I await your guide to see how you’ve set it up

19. LoveEnigma

Thanks, but that does not work. The moment I close CE and open, it's only Template 1 that shows up in the list. I need to reopen my template again.

I think this could be a bug, or perhaps an incomplete implementation.

Sure, please allow some time. Have been a bit busy with non-music things.

Mick @ NI Sorry to tag you, but could you please route this to the appropriate team member so that I can explain the problem? It's mentioned above, but if more understanding is required. Thanks for your help.

20. AL’DREAD

Strange ,I’ll Take a look later at the moment Ive only got one template , if your not using the other templates delete them , that a solve it , lol