Mini presets?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Bill Tribble, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Bill Tribble

Bill Tribble NI Product Owner

I added this little micro-tuner to Spark. Needs to be a part of the main instrument so I can do polyphonic microtuning (can't pass polyphonic microtuned stuff between instruments).

Any way I can save settings from just this bit of the instrument? (So I could for instance, load a different sound with the main snapshot, then choose a tuning)

upload_2018-1-11_18-40-48.png

2. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

host the controls in another instrument but wire the brains into spark, as in have a second instrument with only knobs, faders and buttons, and them keep all the tuning devices inside of spark, just wire the controls alone in between them, it's the only way I know of to achieve this.

3. tomtakestooth

tomtakestooth NI Product Owner

Could you maybe achieve this using an event table somehow?
    Michael's suggestion above would be how I'd do it. Just make sure you untick "Include in snapshots" for everything inside the microtuner.

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/rounds-suggestion.228236/#post-1552592

Erik Weigand creates in later times a macro-preset-system via list and event tables. You can load and save inside the macro. Have a look on side b of the following two blocks.
    community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/9009/
    https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10753/

Here is a link to download the Reaktor 5 macro
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/absynth-like-envelop-control.312883/page-2
    postet by Seoman303
    Extract the preset macro and implement them to Rounds in which macro your desired cell is. https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-

5. freeko

freeko New Member

Try these.. go to the 'B' panel to edit the presets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. freeko

freeko New Member

And macros

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. freeko

freeko New Member

Added presets and a quantize button

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

freeko, yours is for the lowest octave. If I want to use all 128 midi notes have I multiply your tuner from 0 to 127? Is that right?

9. Bill Tribble

Wow, thanks so much all - I missed a few replies!

Michael O'Hagan I went with your initial suggestion, which actually worked great as I can now share the settings to multiple instruments.

• Like Like x 1
  10. freeko

freeko New Member

Paula, it should wrap around each octave to cover the whole keyboard range.

Putting the snapshots in separate instrument that's wired up is a cool idea, there's also a way to save snapshots of just certain parameters within an instrument, but it's a bit fiddly.. you delete everything inside the ensemble except the macros containing the controls you want to recall, then add a snapshot and then save the snapshot bank, re-open the complete ensemble again and load in the saved snapshot bank, the snapshots done this way will only effect the controls that were contained inside that macro that remained when the snapshot was taken..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In the map directory is a new subfolder: Converted .SCL to .TUN
    Containing 4681 tune files and description in .txt and .rtf
    TUN_Convert can't repair some of the scale files
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bdlfsv2h123js/maps
    I want to load up here, limit 12 meg now, but Forum don't accept file without comment.
    BTW, you the javy prog Tarsos by Joren Six: you can create scale files from favorite audio files
    https://0110.be/Software

12. Bill Tribble

This stuff looks really amazing. Paule, is there an easy way to use these .tun files in Reaktor?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Take the easy way and load in instrument or macro an event table with suffix ntf.

14. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Handmade - yes! I'm on win7 and can use converted TUN files. Don't know a mac prog to convert sclale to tun. Therefore I set to TUN converted files on MediaFire for download. Forum rules says attatchment up to 12 MB but the 3 meg files failed. Here again: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bdlfsv2h123js/maps
    The TUN files are in text format. Divide with 100 write the TUN results in the table by freeko. Use side B upper row to copy fader values in the table. If there are enough in save ins or ens and the table. Tables load and save in the Properties. freeko set the limit to 99.
    Yesterday I start creating SCL files via Tarsos fom CMC = Classic Music of China.

15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Yes, you can save and load table files but not the list with presets. So here are a macro containing CMC tarsos tunes test and an instrument with snapshots.
    Be aware of the instrument snapbank issue if you create some. Load first an ensemble snap bank then create a new bank 2 to save your own snapshots there. After finishing bank 2 delete bank 1 and clone bank two to one. Name bank one by pressing Return and delete bank 2. All correct!

Attached Files:

16. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

17. Bill Tribble

Thanks Paule! I got the .tun files... but are you saying to enter the tunings manually?
    "Divide with 100 write the TUN results in the table by freeko."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Bill, double click the fader value and type in from the TUN file. Sometimes there are negative values. Take another one!
    Do you use the Java prog? It's wonderful the Tarsos-latest version. The manual in the link is for the version 1 from 2012. In the lastest from 2013 you load in any audio: not music only. Speech, vocal, drums or ambience. Taken a long laughing. For analysing I take two at once tarsos_yin and ipem_six. After anylysing press and hold shift. Then set the mouse cursor at the end of the showing wave. Now press and hold Control move the verticals with the mouse to the next pitch. Export the scale files.
    I repeat my last question: is there a TUN_convert for Mac? Or do you have fee access to a pc? If yes, convert the scale file to TUN and type in freeko's MICROTUNER.
    Yesterday I test my scale files in ARIA player with Garritan Ethno samples. Very off-beat sounds. Driven by Jazz midi file to Indian Carnatic and hindustani Ensemble and different scales created with Tarsos from the soundesign done in last December.

19. Bill Tribble

fun!

Right OK, so manual entry basically. Not fussed about Scala conversion, I have tons of .tun files now!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Here are some realised with Tarsos and converted from SCL to TUN

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1