1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Missing 'Import 1.x' option

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Duncan Gray, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Duncan Gray

Duncan Gray New Member

I'm pretty sure I have had the option in the past, but Maschine 2 is not giving me the File->Import 1.x option ...

My File Menu in Maschine 2 is only showing the following options:

New
    Open
    Open Recent
    --
    Save
    Save As
    Save Project with Samples
    --
    Export Audio
    --
    Manage Products
    --
    Preferences
    --
    Exit

And I'm not seeing any 'enable importing' or similar such option in preferences that might indicate why the import option is not present.

Note: I have purchased and installed Komplete 12, over the last couple of days, it was after this I noticed the Import option missing, but I don't know if the option was missing before Komplete 12 or not, I haven't looked for the option since the Maschine 2.9.0 update, so that update may have been the cause.

I have also tried reinstalling Maschine 1 (+Libraries) and Maschine 2 (+Libraries), still no Import 1.x option

Can anyone offer any assistance to get this Import 1.x option back in the menu ? or is there other way to load .mprj files into Maschine 2, or convert those mprj files to mxprj files so I can load them in Maschine 2 ?

n.b. Windows 10, Maschine 1.8.0 R176 / Maschine 2.9.0 R8.0

Thank you most kindly,
    Duncan

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Import 1.X option was removed in version 2.9.0...

maschineChanges.png

Peace,

Blindeddie

3. Duncan Gray

Duncan Gray New Member

Ah, OK :-( ... Thank you.

Is there some other way to get my Maschine 1 projects into maschine 2 do you know?

Cheers,
    Duncan

4. Blindeddie

I do not, maybe try opening a support ticket to see if NI can offer an alternative.

sorry I can't be of assistance.

Peace,

Blindeddie

5. Duncan Gray

Duncan Gray New Member

OK, thank very much for your help anyway, very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Duncan

6. Blindeddie

Duncan, I started a conversation, check your profile --> conversations...

7. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

A workaround.
    Install the previous version of machine 2.
    Load each machine 1 file and save it again.
    You can now use the new files in the new versions of maschine 2.

René

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blindeddie

Yeah, I have a couple different versions here and DM'd him to see if he wanted to send one over and test if I could import and send it back...not sure if that would even work based on differing systems, but would be an interesting experiment...

Peace,

Blindeddie

9. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

I’m not affected by the removal of the import functiin but I expected such a case with 2.9.0, since NI has not announced the removal of that feature seperately.
    I tend to say that users assume to get "additionals" with minor updates. That‘s why not all read the release notes in particular.

If we had full audio tracks within Maschine, old projects (1.x) could imported at least by stems :cool: if there is an old software versions for exporting those... (related to standalone users)

10. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Not reading release notes is a very bad practice imo, it's only 3 or 4 lines of text for Maschine anyway... it literally takes 10 seconds.
    The main point of updating are new/improved features and bug fixing, not knowing what those are kind of invalidates the whole point of updating; plus if something changes the user will just be confused...

I do think that NI should put all previous versions somewhere for download so users can downgrade if they need it for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  11. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

try to find / download a "pre 2.9 version" and import all of your maschine 1 projects, resave them as maschine 2 and voila...(PITA i know but yes, the only way i can think of. (or maybe some software guru's out there got some scripts for you that could do it automatically?....).

good luck and have fun...

12. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

that would be very very nice!
    do you have a better way to Maschine-devs as NI-Mod? ;)

13. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

That place is already there, but it is not kept up to date by the people of Native Instruments.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/update-manager/

I have already stated this a number of times in this forum, and passed it on to X from Native Instruments.
    But somehow this seems to be very complicated to do this simple operation after updating the software.
    This should be a fixed procedure if an update is released!

For the people who use Windows, I have the following versions, 2.7.1 - 2.8.1 - 2.8.2 - 2.8.3 - 2.8.4 - 2.8.5 - 2.8.7 - 2.9.0
    So if you want to go back to an earlier version for some reason, just let me know.

René

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. D-One

I personally dislike the idea of sharing installers, here on the forum it's easy to see someone like René is trustworthy but in other communities, such a Reddit, Facebook Groups, etc people with bad intentions can tinker with the installer to take advantage of others.

A better way to what? Contact them? Developers specifically no, they aren't the ones who make decisions anyway so reaching them would be pointless, they can't implement changes without approval because they personally agree with us, bureaucracy is the price you pay for having a big company with 15 different departments and 100 products I guess...

I have a couple of personal contacts but I wouldn't bother anyone with suggestions, I'm not really a NI-Mod (that makes it sound like I'm important lol) I'm just a forum mod and other than having a couple of extra forum permissions I am not special in any kind of way. The place where suggestions seem to be heard a bit more clearly is the beta but I engage so much that I rather only speak when I feel like something is really important, this is not one of those cases imo.

AFAIK someone high in the hierarchy has to agree with the change then put it in a priority list, something like this is probably very low priority even though it's a simple job, once all other higher priority tasks are done the change is handled by whatever team is responsible for it, in this case, it would probably a job for the web team. All this means a simple little thing can take forever unless it's considered a very high prio. This is all an educated assumption based on my experience, not facts.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

This option is really important to me
    Why does NI thinks that we don’t using it???

I hope this can stay caus I use it allot
    Its more control over your extern sound/sample/loops much organized than the other way, right?

• Like Like x 1
  16. D-One

They dont think that, they assessed that only a very small portion of the userbase still needs to import old v1 content.

Control? How so? why dont you just import everything you have from V1 software to V2 so you never need to use it again?

17. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Okay lets say i have loops outside of native Instruments that i want to preview, right? What is the the best way to preview loops in the most synchronized way. This import option made it easier to organize your foreign sounds/samples/loops right in box... simple...

18. D-One

No, the import feature we are talking about is not about that at all, it's about importing Maschine sounds/groups made in Maschine software Version 1, before 2.0 was introduced.

[​IMG]

If you want to preview loops (assuming you mean Audio loops) just add the folder where they are located to your user library in the preferences, then you can preview them in the current project tempo from the user browser...You might also need to tag them as loops, that's the best approach for a synchronized way IMO, but still... it has nothing to do with this topic.
    Open a thread and ask for help if you're confused about it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Yeah maybe I do need to open a tread. Thank u for your assistance.

20. Mtn_Man

Mtn_Man New Member

Could you send me 2.8.7?
    I have a bunch of maschine 1 project ive never converted over.