1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Solved Missing Previews in Komplete Kontrol

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Domodo, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domodo

Domodo NI Product Owner

There are a few threads where this has been solved but none of the fixes are working for me so creating a new thread.

KOMPLETE 11 + KOMPLETE 12 SELECT for S-SERIES
    Mac 10.15.3

Just bought a S61 Mk2 Komplete Kontrol and I am experiencing the issue where some NI instruments play an audio preview and some, actually most, do not. Have re-installed all instruments via Native Access and the problem is still happening.

'Previews' does not show on NI Access as either an installed / not installed product.

upload_2020-3-20_22-53-22.png

'Native Browser Preview Library' is not appearing in "My Products and Serials" in my NI account.

upload_2020-3-20_22-56-0.png

A list of NI instruments working (play an audio preview) / not working (no audio preview) are below.

Not Working:
    AR 50s Drummer
    AR 60s Drummer
    AR 70s Drummer
    AR 80s Drummer
    AR Modern Drummer
    AR Vintage Drummer
    Absynth
    Action Strikes
    Action Strings
    Alicia's Keys
    Battery
    Cuba
    Damage
    Drum Lab
    Emotive Strings
    Evolve Mutations
    Evolve Mutations 2
    Evolve R2
    Flesh
    FM8
    Form
    George Duke ST
    India
    Kinetic Metal
    Kontour
    Maschine Drum Selection
    Massive
    Monark
    Polyplex
    Prism
    Razor
    Reaktor
    Blocks
    Retro Machines
    Rise & Hit
    Rounds
    Scarbee Funk Guitarist
    Scarbee Jay Bass
    Scarbee MM Bass
    Scarbee MM Bass Amped
    Scarbee Pre-Bass
    Scarbee Pre-Bass Amped
    Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass
    Scarbee Vintage Keys
    Strummed Acoustic
    Session Strings Pro
    Scanner XT
    Spark
    Studio Drummer
    SE Brass Ensemble
    SE Brass Solo
    SE Strings Ensemble
    SE Woods Ensemble
    SE Woods Ensemble Solo
    The Gentleman
    The Giant
    The Grandeur
    The Maverick
    Una Corda
    West Africa

Working:
    Balinese Gamelan
    Blocks Base
    Blocks Prime
    Mikro Prism
    Session Horns Pro
    Vintage Organs

Any help is much appreciated...Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Well-Known Member

I would say it has to do with the fact you do not have the required "Previews" bundle available. If you have just setup your Komplete bundle it may require some kind of manual activation by NI to add or there may be some hiccup with their authoring system as I have seen some people report they didn't receive the Previews bundle initially either but after a few days it appeared so may need a poke to NI, one of the forum moderators may be able to help you there.

3. Blindeddie

Blindeddie Well-Known Member

Jester, do you know if the preview bundle was included with Komplete 11 or if that just started with 12? Was trying to figure out if 11 pre-dated NKS which may be the reason it is not showing up for the OP. Just thought I would ask!

Peace,

Blindeddie

4. JesterMgee

I'm a K10U owner only and I have the preview bundle for that so I believe it simply covers all instruments that were available at the time for convenience as it was a new feature, to save reinstall of every instrument the compromise appears to be create a new bundle that just installs the previews only.

As I understand (and i'm no expert) the preview bundle is "dynamic" and will install previews for the products you own which includes any 3rd party products that also had NKS at the time before sound previews were introduced in KK 1.9

It should be available for every K10+ owner as far as I understand but it appears it is added separate from the bundle and maybe this is done manually when a new user registers their software which is why some see a delay in having it show up in their product list.

5. Domodo

Domodo NI Product Owner

Any ideas how I can bring this to the attention of NI? I raised a ticket but got a message saying it could take up to 8 days to get a response. I appreciate the pandemic is causing businesses lots of problems so I'm not having a go at NI but it would be great if I could use the preview feature as that's the main reason why I got the S61.

6. JesterMgee

It will take some patience as for one, it is a weekend and no one works there on weekends and 2, pandemic or not NI are pretty well known for having some very slow support unfortunately. As great as their products are and as helpful as they can be, timely support isn't one of their quality traits.

Typically, Matt @ NI will probably be able to assist you with this one but patience is the key. Enjoy what you have for the moment, the rest will get fixed eventually.

7. Domodo

Domodo NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Blindeddie

I’m reckless...:eek:... I would try installing it...but that’s just me... ha!

Peace,

Blindeddie

9. JesterMgee

Yeah, i'm not one to really sit and wait for someone to fix my issues if I can find any way at all to do it myself so for me personally, i'd just install and see. If it was a file you found on some random file share website then obviously i'd suggest forgetting it but since it is an official solution posted by NI i'd say it is probably the solution you would be pointed at anyway.

10. Domodo

Domodo NI Product Owner

So that didn't work...possibly an OS compatibility issue.

upload_2020-3-21_22-43-34.png

Looks like I'll have to wait for NI support

11. JesterMgee

Ah, the joys of the MacOS system. Yeah will probably need to wait.

12. Blindeddie

Dude, you just can’t catch a break!! :eek:

so close yet so far!!!

Peace,

Blindeddie

13. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

And here I am - as long as you tag me, I can usually step in :)

Can you please send me your email address via PM and I'll check your account / add a license for preview so we can see if it solves the issue.

14. Domodo

Domodo NI Product Owner

Adding a license for preview fixed it. Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. TLPMedia

TLPMedia NI Product Owner

Hey Matt, I recently had to uninstall my operating system due to a RAM issue. The fix was completely wipe my computer and reinstall a new operating system. In the process, apparently I lost all of my libraries etc. I just recently downloaded everything, however the preview's aren't anywhere that I've found available to download (Tried at a few links, but it's not attached to my license so I get the "Installation Failed" as seen in this thread). Could you send my a license for preview as well? It appears it solved the problem for Domodo and I'm hoping it will do the same for me, as it does not show up in my Native Access folders..... I've PM'd you my email address attached to my account.

Thanks NI so much!

Best,
    Alan

16. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Answered your PM just now :)

17. JackLEar

JackLEar New Member

Heya Matt!

I think I'm having the same issue - previews for Sample Based instruments are working, but Synths are not (NI [eg: Razor, Monark]] or 3rd party[Arturia Mini V]) EDIT: Actually some synth based VSTs are working, so I'm not sure that's the reason.

I so had the same failure message trying to install the Preview Library PKG from the Google Drive link in the support page. Any way I can get a licence added to my account so I can use my M32?

Thanks,
    Jack

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  18. Blindeddie

Did you register your M32 in NA?

19. JackLEar

JackLEar New Member

Hi, I did - I can see The Keyboard in my "My Product, Serials, & Downloads" section on Native-Instruments site (showing as KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 HW with my Serial Number).

Also, I have Komplete Kontrol v2.3.0 Full Version in Native Access, which is all I thought I needed for previews to work? Though reading up it seems as if this Library extension is also needed maybe?

I've also tried this as an entirely fresh install on my MacBook Pro and I'm having the exact same issue with the same plugins.

I can confirm the following Plugins show their Presets in the Komplete Kontrol browser, but selecting them doesn't play any preview audio:

Scarbee Mark 1
    ARP-2600 V3
    CS-80 V3
    Farfisa V
    JUP-8 V3
    Matrix 12 V2
    MINI V
    Modular V
    Monark
    Prism
    Prophet V
    Razor
    SEM V
    Solina V
    Stage 73 V
    Vox Continental V
    Wurli V2

I am getting previews for:

Analog Dreams (full)
    Hybrid Keys (full)
    Kinetic Treats
    Kontakt
    Lo-Fi Glow
    Play Series Selection
    B-3 V
    Base Blocks
    Buchla Easel V
    Clavinet V
    CMI V
    CZ Z
    DX7 V
    Massive
    Mellotron V
    oVox
    Piano V2
    Reaktor
    Synclavier V
    Synthi V
    TRK-01

As you can see it's mostly a mix of NI own instruments and Arturia V collection.

Thanks,
    Jack

20. Blindeddie

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant an M32 license not a license for the Previews... and for the Arturia plugins, did you check with Arturia to see if they provide the previews? Most third Party Devs that provide NKS Ready VSTs include the previews with the VST...but that would be a question for Arturia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.