1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Missing third party instruments

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Charlie2008, May 23, 2020.

1. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

I have no idea when this started but I noticed yesterday that most of my third party (non-NI) instruments are missing in Komplete Kontrol. All Kontakt instruments are fine, the presets for third party instruments are present but I cannot load the relevant plugin. I followed the guidance in https://support.native-instruments....Loading-Issue-Could-not-load-Plug-in-Windows- but the problem persists.

Any ideas??

2. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

I should have said I'm on Windows 10......

3. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Make sure the folder containing your 3rd party VSTs is set up in Plugin Preferences in KK. You will also see a list of registered plugins listed there... if they are not on the list then either they are not being scanned or the versions you have installed are not compatible (32bit and/or VST3 plugins)

4. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

Thanks for the response. The point is that they used to be there and I haven't moved anything. The scanned folders only contain 64bit VST2 plugins.

5. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

I completely removed Komplete Kontrol and reinstalled. Still missing most of my non-NI plugins that used to be in Komplete Kontrol....

6. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

What plugins are missing for instance?

7. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

Falcon, Synchron Player and Spitfire BBSO are the ones I'd really like back. Wierdly, all Arturia Waves instruments are still present.

8. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Ensure you do not have any duplicates vst .dlls in the folders that KK is scanning.

9. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

I've checked for duplicate vsts - none found. I've also trashed the database and rescanned more times than I can count..m.

10. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

The folders your scanning should only contain the 64bit .dll's nothing else.

11. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

Yup, that's the case - only 64 bit DLLs, instruments and FX. Always used to work with no problems.

12. JesterMgee

Ok, post a screen shot of where your VST plugins are installed showing the path in the explorer window. Then post a screenshot of your Plugin path locations so we can check between them.

Should be no reason for a plugin to not scan in if it is 64bit and the path is added to KK.

There is also a plugin database file you can try and delete so you can do a fresh scan just in case it has somehow blacklisted the plugins:

C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\plugin.data

I would suggest as usual, instead of deleting said file just rename it with .BAK extension then rerun KK and it should rebuild the plugins (you may need to do a scan again)

13. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

14. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

Here you go - JesterMgee the plugin database file has been deleted and rebuilt many times

15. JesterMgee

I cannot see the lower half of your VST paths but it shows you have this path in the KK software:

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\VSTPlugins
    This is a 32bit path which won't work with KK. You show in your screen shot the 64bit lpath (which omitts the (x86)

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VSTPlugins
    But do you see this exact path in KK? In your screen shot it would be out of view further down if it is listed as a path

16. Charlie2008

Charlie2008 New Member

You're absolutely right and I don't know how the x86 paths got there - there were other x86 paths as well. I've deleted them and all is well. Thanks everyone for your assistance.