1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Mix Recorder malfunctioning iOS Traktor DJ 2

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ 2' started by Brandon Bosch, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Brandon Bosch

Brandon Bosch New Member

I was excited to see the Mix Recorder feature added to Traktor DJ 2, so I recorded my NYE and "Best of 2019" Sets this week with the software instead of through the mixing board. Unfortunately, the Mix Recorder is not reading my Traktor Z1 controller correctly and is recording ALL of the audio from both channels, even if the fader is all the way Left or Right. Thus, the recordings are totally garbled and worthless.

Another way of describing the problem is that the audio recorded is not the stereo mix that the crowd would hear, but more of a blended cue headphone mix. But of course, this is not the desired recording.

iPAD Pro 12 inch
    iOS Traktor DJ 2
    Traktor Z1 Controller

2. kokernutz

kokernutz NI Product Owner

They just released an update.

3. Mike audiohazard

Mike audiohazard New Member

I hope the update lands on my ipad soon.

4. Brandon Bosch

Brandon Bosch New Member

Does anyone know how we remove the recordings from the app? Is it only possible on iCloud website? Shouldn't this be something I can just download off the iTunes app? I don't see my recordings in the "File Sharing" box. Maybe because of the update?

5. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

as i understood the old TDJ(1) stores in itunes file sharing folder .. the new TDJ2 uses iCloud folder instead

6. Brandon Bosch

Brandon Bosch New Member

Kalo, do you know what to do if the device isn't on WiFi when one finishes the recording? I open my Files on the iPAD and I see that my recording has "Upload Error" to iCloud. I don't know how to re-upload and can't find anything online about this... Thanks!

7. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

that's a valid point ! I never thought about. I would hope that TDJ2 resyncs itself. What you could try .. I once needed this trick for TDJ1 because my complete TDJ1 folder (including collection.nml) disappeared. I switched off iPad from cloud and actiavted again. I cannot guarantee about any side effects (backups, shared photos etc) but I could imagine that it repairs the issue (so maybe try on own risk, ok ;) ?.)

here an older post with cloud reconnect idea:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...er-in-icloud-disappeared-how-to-solve.323902/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  8. Brandon Bosch

Brandon Bosch New Member

Sadly, that doesn't work either. I also found that if I long-press on the WAV file, I can duplicate it. When I tried that, iCloud also said it failed. Could this be a space issue? I don't have anything else in iCloud, but I'm not paying for extra space either... It's a 2 hour set so a probably 1-2gb, which didn't seem to be a problem with the first two sets recorded (with the overlay problems). I'll post this question as a new thread.

9. Mike audiohazard

Mike audiohazard New Member

I had this problem, my I cloud account was full. Once I emptied it I could copy the files to my I cloud account.

• Like Like x 1