1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

"Mixed in Key" and Maschine 2.8 - Experiences?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by buntesich, Sep 18, 2019.

1. buntesich

buntesich New Member

Hi everybody,

I ran into the "Mixed in Key" Tool and I wondered what the compatibility restrictions mentioned on their website mean in practice (and would like to resolve this doubt BEFORE buying it ;)

Anybody using it? Problems with MIDI routing encountered?

SETUP: No other DAW, just MASCHINE, used on Windows

Thanks

2. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...you should check out the "studio edition" of mik...the normal edition works by scanning audio files whereas the studio edition is a plugin which you can insert in your tracks (within your daw/maschine) to analyse the playing audio...

3. buntesich

buntesich New Member

That's one piece of important advice :D thank you for guessing how i intend to use this - so I understand once I have the plugin in my Maschine software, it will analyse the audio output from the software, no matter whether a single sample / loop or a whole track? thx

4. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...yep...it analyses everything that's running through it...the result could be a note or a chord or even a scale...

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I have the non-studio version of Mixed in Key (Didn't know about the Studio version)
    I use Hornet Songkey for a quick key check inside DAW/Maschine, works OK and has a much lower price, not sure how to two compare in terms of accuracy though.
    https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-songkey-mk3/

PS. Hornet has nice discounts for upgrades too, I paid 2$ to upgrade from the MK2 version to MK3.