1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

MK3 Audio Interface - Headphones

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Shakaalis, Oct 12, 2019 at 4:42 PM.

1. Shakaalis

Shakaalis New Member

Hello there.
    So I'm considering to buy a studio headphones mostly for sound reference, mixing and mastering. I'm thinking to buy Beyerdynamic Dt770 PRO 80ohm. I was wondering if the maschine audio interface can power these headphones? Or what is the most powerful headphones the MK3 can run? I found on NI page that maximum headphone output level of MK3 is 29.4mW @ 33Ohm load. Does this mean that I can run nothing more than 33 ohm headphones via the mk3 interface phones output?
    I'm really not interested in buying a headphone amp because they cost about twice the price of those headphones which is just silly. And I'm guessing that my pc motherboard will probably be even less powerful then the audio interface of MK3

Maybe anyone has experience with these headphones using together with MK3 or any other high impedance headphones?

Thanks!

2. KenJutsu

KenJutsu New Member

I'm using a pair of 250 ohm DT770s in a mk3 without an amp and it works brilliantly. Excellent clarity

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Shakaalis

Shakaalis New Member

Ohh really? I read on google that you definitely need an amp for 250 ohm model. Do you notice any volume or bass problems? Like if you turn it up, doesn't it feel like it's not loud enough?

4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

5. KenJutsu

KenJutsu New Member

I bought the headphones planning on getting a headphone amp later and finding I didnt need one. No problems with volume whatsoever or bass for that matter. I have the Spectrum Quake expansion and some of the presets are ground shaking through my DTs

Sent from my damn phone using Tapatalk

6. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I still use my AKG K240DF 2x 600 ohm on the MK3. Works fine.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 12:40 AM