Solved MK3 display screen stuck on "MASCHINE" and "Production and Performance System", buttons not working

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by maymo36, Jul 30, 2020.

1. maymo36

maymo36 New Member

I'm on Windows 10 using a brand new Maschine MK3 I just used for the first time yesterday. Everything worked fine, and now today when I booted my computer up it's not working. The buttons light up, the left display screen says "MASCHINE" and the right says "Production and Performance system", yet when I load up the Maschine 2 software on the compouter and press buttons on the MK3 like "BROWSER +Plug-In" nothing happens.

I've looked at every single troubleshooting guide on the website and followed all the instructions. Nothing is working. I'm using the USB cable that the Maschine came with brand new, I'm connected directly to the USB port on my computer and I've tried unplugging and re-plugging into different ports. I've restarted my computer, nothing. I've left it disconnected while I loaded it up then connected it, still doesn't work. Why is this brand new piece of hardware suddenly not working when it was fine less than 24 hours ago?

2. maymo36

maymo36 New Member

Nevermind, I uninstalled and re-installed the drivers and now it's working. Any idea why this happens and how to prevent it in the future?

3. mason drielling

mason drielling NI Product Owner

If this happens after the drivers...

Turn your controller on and off.
    Turn the maschine software on and off with the off button.
    Last resort restart maschine or restart the computer.
    At least one of these will work so do not panic.