1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Solved mk3 display screens wont load

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by gaige, Jan 3, 2018.

1. gaige

gaige New Member

I got the mk3 3 days ago, it worked great the first day and a half and then the screens on the mk3 went to their load screen and it says "maschine" on the left screen and "production and performance system" on the right I have tried reinstalling everything, I have uninstalled everything and re downloaded it completely, I took the mk3 to the guitar ceneter i got it from and they gave me a new mk3 only to come home and have it do the same thing. ive spent hours on the phone with native instruments and we have tried updating the firmware, that didn't work, we tried only reinstalling the controller editor, still nothing. the mk3 will still let you pretty much do everything but use the screens. This only started happening after I unplugged my mk3 and plugged in an AKAI keyboard for the first time, when i plugged the mk3 back in the screens never came back on

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I figure support asked you to try connecting the unit directly to the computer without any hubs already, hubs are occasionally an issue.
    With the MK3 powered to the wall, the issue still happens?
    What Controller Editor version you have installed?

3. gaige

gaige New Member

i have 2.2.2 I contacted windows directly this morning and the went into my laptop and updated a driver on the laptop that fixed the issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. D-One

Ok, glad its working :)
    Marked as solved.

5. gakavinea

gakavinea New Member

How did you contact Windows for support? Did you have to pay for it? This just happen to my mk3 the screen was working last night only having maschine 2 and controller editor installed . Then I installed everything and the screen never says plug into maschine 2 or as a midi controller it just says production and performance system. I bought both the surface pro2017 and mk3 a week ago.. do I really have to return them? This doesn’t even make sense

Even when it’s pluged into the wall by itself it says this now... how could an update on my pc effect my mk3 like that

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2018
  6. D-One

Have you tried reinstalling? (make sure Maschine is OFF during installs)
    Are you running it in Admin Mode?

7. Justin Alick

Justin Alick New Member

Had this problem the other day. Mine was caused by a temporary freak-out with my USB hub.

Solved in a similar manner to D-One - disconnected all devices, and connected Maschine hardware directly to the computer (not via USB hub.) Restarted computer, as well as Maschine.

That solved the problem, and then everything could be reconnected via USB hub.

8. gakavinea

gakavinea New Member

literally fixed it with a windows update. and during my sesh tonight i restarted maschine multiple times, but it happend again and now there no reason for it? spend another 24 hour reinstalling everything when that didnt help the other guy. whats the return policy. this should not be glitching like this all i did was restart it in the midddle of play

9. gakavinea

gakavinea New Member

so after having this problem a few days ago and fixing it and randomly happening again after being turned off turned on.
    so i tryed to reinstall maschine 2 software it failed so i uninstalled it and now it wont reinstalled an says unknown error failed to install.
    so now what. before that i was seeing if i could update the machine driver and it couldnt find my maschine while it was pluged in?
    this is crazy brand new maschine brand new surface pro . now im just stuck in limbo unable to reinstall my sofware. or check my driver. im literally crying. eveything is going wrong in my life and i had this to keep me sane im literlly crying. i already fixed this problem the othe day with an update. and now it randomly happpens in the middle of a sesh
    please anyone. how do you contact returns. my machine must of been thrown around to much by ups. im done

10. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

If I'm right, you need a hub to connect external devices to the Surface Pro. Do you use the original Microsoft Surface Dock?
    Are the USB connections of this hub (dock) 100% suitable for usb2?

René

11. astrochump

astrochump NI Product Owner

If anyone else is checking this thread because they have the same problem (as I did) - for me a simple reboot of my windows 7 desktop solved the problem.