Mk3 load sounds from instruments to pad

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Silbercue, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Silbercue

Silbercue NI Product Owner

Hello volks,

I want to create a individual drum group build out of different sources. I managed to assign sounds from the sound library to pads (thats easy) but how is it with sounds out of an instrument?

I managed to load one instrument (Abbey Road Drummers) on one single pad. But it plays only the Kick... what if I want to choose the snare?

I can switch to keyboard mode and listen to all sounds in the instrument. I can connect in the Midi output S1 (abbey Drummers) and transpose but the new sound is fired up with the kick so no use here...

So how do you guys manage to load sounds from instruments to a single pad?

thx =)

2. Silbercue

Not possible? Or too simple... =(

3. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

You would use keyboard mode ,

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

You're not forced to use Keyboard Mode, you can route the Pad's so you can use Pad Mode. Pad mode as a few advantages like being able to use colors for the Pads and such...
    For drum instruments do this:
    That will work for Abbey Road stuff, BFD, Battery or any Drum Instrument plugin. Save the Group/Project so you don't have to re-do it.

5. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought h wanted access to all sounds , I see he maybe just wants that one sound from the kit .
    I suppose You could also locate the sample from the kit in the browser and load that to the sound slot

6. D-One

Not sure, as long as he doesn't need more than 16 sounds routing will work, creating a second group and routing everything to the first will also work...
    If he just wants one sound then he can just rotate the Transpose knob so the midi note triggers the desired Sample, but I would never advise having 16 Abbey road instances loaded for each Pad as that will put a huge strain on CPU and unnecessary clutter Ram.

Locating the Raw Sample won't work because instruments like Abbey Road have multiple samples for each velocity, multiple microphone position samples, etc...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  7. Silbercue

Okay Thats exately what I want =) Thx
    Is there a workaround not to lose one pad for this? Sorry I'm kinda new to mashine...=(

8. D-One

No problem at all :)
    Yes. Usually, the Pad containing the Instrument will trigger the Kick by default, so I place it in the Pad I want the kick to be in, this is the easy way.
    Then there's a hard way which can be necessary if the instrument has more than one Kick and should work fine AFAIK... changing the internal instrument MIDI mapping so the default Maschine pad note triggers it... I am not a Kontakt Editing pro so not sure how to do it, but you can ask in the Kontakt forum if the easy solution doesn't work for you.

9. Silbercue

Oh i didn't catch that... sorry
    In your solution before I just use one pad for holding the Instrument and I address it with another pad... thats cool because I use other pads to trigger one of this instrument sounds. However if I want to use more then one Instrument I'm coming fast to a border... So my question was If it's possible to put the Instrument to some other bank (where I put all Instruments so to say) and I can use my full 16 pads to trigger them?

10. D-One

You can have two (or more) Instruments in a Group and still use the same routing principle, routing the reaming pads to whatever instrument you want.

Just found how to edit default mapping, pretty easy:
    [​IMG]

The Pad containing the Instrument will trigger C3 by default, under MIDI mapping enable 'Select by MIDI'and press the PAD, it will select C3 for you then disable Select by MIDI and change the Instrument to whatever Drum piece you want. This will effectively change what the Pad containing the instrument triggers.

Yes, but this will be a bit more complicated (i think), having everything inside one group will make things more organized for you.