Solved Modular synths in the Racks format

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Brett Lavallee, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

Brett, you have done an awesome job (regardless of Rack Relocation issues stemming from complexities so formidable that there might not be a happy solution).
    Predictably, I wandered over to the .ens file and found myself happily playing with it. The sound is wonderful. The layout is totally sensible and easy to follow (though I wish my screen were a little bigger!). The understated artwork, inlaid into modules, is just lagniappe.
    Thank you many times! This will be a joy to work with.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brett Lavallee

Brett Lavallee NI Product Owner

Thanks Catman. Really glad you like it

3. Brett Lavallee

Unfortunately the old ensemble has dozens of errors though. I don't remember all the things I've fixed since I started working on the Rack, it was a lot.

4. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

Is it hard to save those changes into another copy of the ensemble? If so, don't worry about it.
    It's useful as is, and I'm sure a great educational tool for me.

5. Brett Lavallee

Probably. I couldn’t really bug test it very well without having snapshots at least to initialize it easily. I’ve fixed a lot of stuff since then. I can’t begin to remember even the big errors.

6. Quietschboy

Quietschboy NI Product Owner

I am not sure what you mean when asking "What do you mean?" :D
    I am talking about the logical connection of the Rack´s Bank Property and the Preset Browser in general.
    To me, it seems to overcomplicate things and makes the function of the Preset Browser questionable. In it´s actual state, the best workflow to browse through Rack Presets seems to be to use the OS File Browser instead the Reaktor´s Preset Browser (at least to me).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Mark, isn't there a difference Racks (nksr cables) and ensemble / instrument presets (nrkt)
    The preset browser is programmed for Racks IMO.

8. Brett Lavallee

I've made a fresh thread for further discussion about Bloodlines. Thank you again for the help everyone.