Molekular examples

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by sampleconstruct, Apr 2, 2014.

1. sampleconstruct

sampleconstruct NI Product Owner

Two fresh snaps in this track, both Molekular instances set to 100% wet:

2. tresflip

tresflip Forum Member

are you guys not getting latency issues with some of the presets? the glitchier/dubbier presets are all lagging so bad i can't "jam" with them in real time, everything needs to be bounced and warped to sit in the pocket.

im running my versions of molekular all inline on the channels, not bussed or sends, running on a brand new haswell MBP with a fully latency tuned DAW.

3. sampleconstruct

Freshly pasted from the manual:

Latency: Click to switch between displaying latency in values of samples or in milliseconds. The FFT based algorithms Spektral Hold, Spektral Shift, Spektral Smear, and Vokoder intro- duce latency that is internally compensated within MOLEKULAR. The overall latency is de- pendent on the used modules and routing. It is therefore recommended you keep an eye on the latency value, so you can compensate for it manually in your host software. For information about how to compensate for latency, refer to the documentation of your host software.

4. tresflip

tresflip Forum Member

so is the latency just widely accepted as part of using reaktor?

5. sampleconstruct

Dripping Drops:

6. sampleconstruct

Jamming with DNA snapshot "Double Stutter":

7. sampleconstruct

Processing an impro played with granulated Horn Swells from my library Sonic Cinema for HALion 5 with 2 DNA presets (both using the Filterbank module) simultaneously:

8. sampleconstruct

Processing celtic harp samples from my MachFive library Scattered Entity with 2 instances of Molekular FX routed in serial using 2 snapshots from DNA.
    Harp->Bus 1 (Molekular 1)->Bus 2 (Molekular 2), manual and automated morphing involved.

9. sampleconstruct

10. sampleconstruct

Two more DNA videos:

Jamming through the presets from the category Glitch%Stutter using some of my Tremor Beats as source material:

Improvising through the first 15 presets from the category Atmospheres using various sampled instruments as input source:

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  11. sampleconstruct

I assume this will be the last video for DNA, beginning with Snapshot Hypno Repeater from the category Glitch&Stutter, then hopping through most of the patches from the category Filterscapes. A very basic loop played by 4 instruments (Alchemy/Zebra/MachFive/Tremor) and some live playing (with Padshop Pro) is transformed in all sorts of way, a hell of a lot of fun!