1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Moonbeam's mods v2, beta 1

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Nick Moon, May 4, 2019.

1. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hi Nick :)

I have to add, that my edit of your mod I mentioned in my previous post have some flaws. Firstly, it's available only for decks C & D - this is by intention, because i need this "live input mixerFX" functionality available only on these decks. Secondly, on C/D, it interferes with "freeze mode" and with "remix mode" as well: While "long push DECK", pads are still in remix/freeze mode. And after releasing "long push DECK" it won't rewrite pads to their "active mode colour" back (so, for someone who uses remix/freeze on C/D, with my edit it can be really messy). If you look on my "//", you'll see it is really dirty way to do it, but as i wrote, it fullfills my needs, because i don't use freeze/remix modes on C/D - with this in mind, it is unsuitable for any future "release candidate" i think :) I'll try to find out the right way, but I am not sure if I can handle it (i did not "deep dive" to the code so far - it was only try/error method and i was lucky).

I got another thing - I hope it is only "TP 3.2.1" issue (and i did not screw something), but i can not see "key" under deck letter (see attachment). I jumped from "TP 2.11.3" right to "TP 3.2.1", so i don't know, wheter it was ok in previous version.

Cheers and Happy New Year! :)

EDIT: Hello, I just fixed those "long push deck" issues I mentioned, see the attached zip :)
    affected file: "qml\CSI\Common\Deck_S8Style.qml"
    cheers :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hello all :)

I think I have fixed missing key display in TP 3.2.1, I mentioned in my previous post. I just compared qml files TP 3.1.0 / TP 3.2.1 and I found change in variable name: changed from ".key_for_display" to ".resulting.precise". It would be nice to have Nick to look at it, but I hope it is ok (i would not think it would be that simple).

Affected files are:

qml\Screens\S8\Views\Overlays\CenterOverlays\Keylock.qml
    qml\Screens\S8\Views\Deck\DeckHeaderText.qml
    qml\Screens\S8\Views\Deck\DeckHeader.qml

You can find them in attached zip.

Cheers :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

Hey a5tr0 - 3 weeks later than I'd intended I've just started to pick up on things! Thanks for the fixes you have done. I've just done a compare on my current source and had forgotten how much stuff I'd already changed - my next release had a lot of changes on the deck header to ensure the Roboto font is used throughout and if shift is pressed then A B C D change to another set of 1 2 3 4 to show which FX units are enabled (rather than assigned to the deck)! I also want to make the 3.2 changes configurable to maintain backward compatibility with 3.1 :) who knows maybe by the end of the week I'll release a beta of the next version :)

Oh and I've just remembered - one of the things I've added is a less obtrusive minute marker display that includes the minute number (scales for longer tracks/podcasts)

IMG_1424.png
    SHIFT PRESSED:
    IMG_1425.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hi Nick :) great you're back. I wanted to see slightly bigger waveform on displays... I fiddled with "BottomControls" litlle, so I'm sharing my solution, if someone's interested...
    ("qml\Screens\S8\Views\Overlays\BottomControls.qml")

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  5. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hello all :)

as i wanted to see some basic info in live deck view, such as: gain, high/mid/low, effects, filter, volume, ...
    I changed this one string in relevant lines in : Screens\S8\Views\Deck\DeckHeader.qml:

isLoaded && hasTrackStyleHeader(deckType)
    to:
    ((isLoaded && hasTrackStyleHeader(deckType)) || deckType == DeckType.Live)

See attachment if interested :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  6. Michael Niotakis

Michael Niotakis NI Product Owner

From my tests BETA version 3.3.0.91 seems to be introducing an error. Version 3.3.0.86 appears to be okay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hi. I compared files from build "81" (i don't have "86" installed) vs "91" and changes NI did are (I suppose, that it has to do with new hardware supported, such as pioneer XDJ-1000mk2 & XDJ-700):

qml\CSI\Common\Deck_S8Style.qml:
    string "TrackSeek" changed to "TouchstripTrackSeek" (4x)

qml\CSI\S5\S5Deck.qml:
    string "TrackSeek" changed to "TouchstripTrackSeek" (4x)

qml\Defines\qmldir:
    added line: "singleton LoopSize LoopSize.qml"

qml\Screens\S8\Views\Deck\DeckHeaderText.qml:
    string ".tempo.range" changed to ".tempo.range_value" (1x)

...after these edits mod should work fine

• Like Like x 2
  8. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hi folks,

As I see no activity from Nick (I hope you are ok!), I decided to upload complete mod which works well with latest version of Traktor (Traktor Pro 3.3.0 build 108). Here are 2 archive files:

TP_3.3.0_QML_Moonbeams-mods-v2-beta_fix_by_a5tr0.zip
    - this is standard Nick's mod with fixes I made

TP_3.3.0_QML_Moonbeams-mods-v2-beta_mod_by_a5tr0.zip
    - this is modified version, which contains my gentle modifications
    - archive contains some detailed html info of those mods of mine and my Kontrol S8 mappings.

Cheers, and hope you are safe and well quarantined ;)

a5tr0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

... & just one tiny touch I forgot: change in minutemarkers; 2 shorter vertical lines instead of 1 whole & if track is longer than 30 min, minute-markers are set to every 5 minutes instead of 1 minute and they will get dimmer. (I know that Nick fiddled with it too, but long time no speakin).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nick Moon

Very nice!!! To have someone extend what you have done is an honour!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nick Moon

I've been thinking about doing something along those lines for a while, but also thinking about a total new design that would split the info I show to use both top and bottom... Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nick Moon

Hi a5tr0 thank you for the messages. The universe obviously decided we should catch up today - the chances of us both being around at the same time are not high lol. Myself and my family have managed to stay healthy during this difficult time, I've had 3 friends who haven't, thankfully they are through the worst of it. I hope you and your loved ones are ok too.

I eventually (after many recoding attempts) sent Aleix Jiménez a beta copy of my mods with (hopefully) fully working hotcue editing mods - that was about a month ago, I see he's online too so hopefully he is ok too. Last 3 weeks I have been working very long hours - 70-odd colleagues were sent to work from home and I'm one of 3 people helping run essential operations from the office. The business directly supports education, specifically 2,500+ London school internet connections, so with schools closing we're actually busier than ever getting their remote access working as they need as well being in the middle of line upgrades for every school. I feel quite privileged to be able to get out of my home every day. The downside has been am exhausted most days when I get home...

I'll send you a copy of the latest mods so you can review the hotcue editing side of things. You will be pleased to learn I have moved to 3.3 as well! I've not tested the latest mods on Windows yet...

I look forward to looking at what you've done... After I do a podcast as been too long for that as well...

Nick

• Like Like x 2
  13. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hello Nick :)

Great to hear you are ok. Now I understand you are so busy. Man, that amount of responsibility you have - and as you wrote - you feel quite privileged - just wow! I wish you a lot of strength, cause this will be most likely a long run thing... And don't burnout! I live in Slovakia/Bratislava and we have quite low numbers of ill so far - I just hope it is not because we are so lame at testing (but there are many aspects of it, for example we are not so overpopulated and maybe not so interesting for foreigners, who knows...)... I work in media-monitoring agency and what I observe is loss of clients due to reconsidered expenses - but we have some government clients, so we run our service nonstop and paradoxically we have more work... (checking press conferences and statements from representatives about state of the state and corona guidelines all day long and than mentions of this in the media as well). In my country there is online education aswell, but it is so underfunded I can't imagine kids today learning at all... But teachers are doing everything what is in their skills (even they are underrated)... So, I wish you good luck! :)

Many thanks for your mod you have sent me - it runs well on Windows 10 :) great work! I like those minute markers as well :) But i found some glitch, i'll write private message.

Just one note, which is not related to your last update (i will try to explain): when you hold [DECK] and you will hit fourth pad (Filter ON/OFF) couple of times and than you will hit corresponding "Filter button" couple of times, and when you'll repeat that process, filter will become strangely behaving - it will need double hit to operate (it seems it is random, but i think it has a pattern). See images...

Stay safe :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I_R_Mole

I_R_Mole New Member

Chaps, I just wanted to show my appreciation for the effort / skills you guys are putting to this.
    Initially I found kokernutz mods (out of wanting S5 mixer FX control) and found them great but then he couldn't update for various reasons, and it became frustrating when Traktor updated and I couldn't have what I'd got used to. Then Disco Danny stepped in to the breach, and now this. The improvement is immense, especially to the screen layout refinement. No more blobby waveforms! Every one of you guys who helped get it here have my utmost admiration. Thanks again, and where's the tip jar?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I_R_Mole

I_R_Mole New Member

Hey there, on my S5 holding DECK button for filter FX works great on Deck A, but on Deck B doesn't do anything.
    can anyone help me with this, not sure if I'm just doing something wrong here!

16. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hello :) which version do you have installed?

"TP_3.3.0_QML_Moonbeams-mods-v2-beta_fix_by_a5tr0.zip"
    or
    "TP_3.3.0_QML_Moonbeams-mods-v2-beta_mod_by_a5tr0.zip"
    ?

I will take closer look tommorow but i did not experienced any problems so far (on s8).

edit:

Btw, what deck-type have you assigned to deck B?

"Track Deck", "Stem Deck, "Remix Deck" or "Live Input Deck" ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  17. I_R_Mole

I_R_Mole New Member

Hey buddy, thank you for the quick response!

Truth is I can't tell which I downloaded, I deleted the zip file, and then I kept the folder but renamed it!

Both A and B are track decks.

I think I'll just re-download both – try each one – and report back to you.

18. I_R_Mole

I_R_Mole New Member

19. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hi I_R_Mole,

i found, that Nick forgot to add some lines of code (for B,C,D :) ) in the S5 section. Now I tried to fix it. Just download attached zip file and replace original file (qml\CSI\S5\S5Deck.qml) with the one you download "fix_for_s5_deck2mixerfx_a5tr0.zip\qml\CSI\S5\S5Deck.qml" . There is a possibility, that it will cause some error :( Just give it a try - and report here :) Problem is, that I have no S5 to test it :( While I was altering Nicks files I was focused to S8 functions mainly.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

20. I_R_Mole

I_R_Mole New Member

Works a treat! Fingers crossed there are no side effects. Thank you so much for your efforts