More auxiliary outputs

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Yoann, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Yoann

Yoann New Member

Hi everyone, knowing that a new huge update is coming up for the Maschine software (and as it seems to be the right place to ask for some new features) i would like to suggest some more auxiliary outputs.

I've been talking to some friends about that and no one seems to be really concerned about those (only) two outputs. But, how come that we can't have more?

Don't get me wrong, two is fine, but it's ONLY fine! Four would be great, eight would be..... Yeah, ok, maybe too much...

"Why would i want that?" would you ask... And that's legit...

Actually, i do produce a lot of Reggae dub music and one of the most important thing in mixing dub is to have the ability to add a lot of effects on your auxiliary outputs, to "twist" your different tracks as you want. As, for example:

Aux 1 = Reverb
    Aux 2 = delay
    Aux 3= Phaser
    Aux 4 = Another delay

So, ok, you can manage to do that in other ways but that's a bit tricky, so i think this would be a great improvement for your workflow (for mine at least...).

And this would also be great for some premixing work directly inside maschine, as in "not having to integrate Maschine into a DAW".

Tell me what you think about it, kiss, love!

• Like Like x 3
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

+1
    Only 2 aux is totally not enough and the workarounds have disadvantages depending on the situation. We should have at the very least 8 Aux's IMHO... It's 2017 building a dry track and trying to imagine how it would sound fully processed is not something a computer-based music producer should have to worry, maybe on standalone with limited resources that's acetable but not in a software.

I am considering adding/merging this suggestion to this sticky: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/more-inputs-and-outputs.212675/

3. Yoann

Yoann New Member

Good idea, just have to figure a way to merge it... But i think copy/paste will do just fine!

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Not just to be contrary for the sake of it, but "more aux sends" is very different from "more audio I/O". Although related as they're both about audio routing, they're very separate requests, I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yoann

Yoann New Member

You have a point but it kind ok makes sense, so here we are, the idea joined the thread D-One was talking about!

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I reconsidered. Mr36 is right, these are related but not the same, I think this suggestion deserves its own thread.

8. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

This would have been really useful today.