More Midi Modifiers per Control

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by nonspacial, Feb 18, 2015.

1. nonspacial

nonspacial New Member

Adding a third or even 4th midi modifier dropdown to each control would be of great use and benefit to us here in the midi mapping world.
    i am forever saying to myself i need another modifier switch here to do what i actually want and as a result either have to backward engineer something in Bomes (long and arduous) or i just can't do it.

Example:

I usually setup at least 1 switch on most of my midi controls (apc40 primarily, also a launchpad) so as to give some kind of split to what the buttons do over all: Be it a deck select or just a mode/page selector this allows for 1 other modifier to be used as a hold/shift type for any given page. all is well but it always strikes me as annoying that the thing doesn't ever get intelligent within itself (which traktor does infact have). what i mean by this is there are modifiers for deck flavour and deck playing etc but i still need the original page/deck select function in the first place for my advanced maps.

1 more modifier per control would be enough bringing it to 3; 2 would be interesting, making 4 overall.

If you also encounter times when you think "just 1 more modifier and this would work sick" then add to this thread and get NI to make this happen... seems pretty simple to me comparatively speaking.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. nonspacial

nonspacial New Member

On the same topic of MIDI Controller mapping:

It's incredibly annoying that you can't select multiple controls and edit their common information at once. I do find that i make decisions later in my mapping that require whole sets of controls to have a dropdown changed. I.e modifier to 3 or modifier change altogether, or all controls for remix deck C now have to be duplicated individually and each parameter changed to Deck D... Surely i can select all Remix Deck C controls and duplicate the lot then edit the common info as 1; then start to learn each control again... apparently not... apparently i have to sped hours doing something that the track browser does quite happily.... please make it less time consuming NI

3. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

While they are a brilliant idea, i'm now finding limitations on the modifiers:

- please give us more than 8 global modifiers per device page. Yes we can create extra pages, but this makes the options page very slow to open, and a lot of repeated code to "share" modifiers between pages.
    - please give us more than 3 bits per modifier state. 7 bits (the same as midi messages) would be great
    - please give us more than 2 modifier conditions. I'm finding myself doing all kinds of tricks to emulate 3 and 4-condition commqnds.

Thanks!

"

4. Jodi Curtis

Jodi Curtis New Member

+1 Mappings could be much more powerful than they are, lots of great suggestions on this thread (for example duplicating an entire subgroup to a new deck/group)

5. dj_estrela

6. dj_estrela

Bump...