Most Requested Features

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Psyearth5

Psyearth5 NI Product Owner

You are totally right and it would be great to see ver 3. But I can give you link to hear music made on Maschine only and it is possible to finish projects and it is not DAW in sence of audio manipulation you can't reverse phase you can't do things we like to do in DAW's of choice, automation with mouse is so simple and it it easy to make arrangements x 100 while on Maschine you will finish one but it is possible and if they read data tracking maybe they see that Maschine users don't bother with DAW integration then maybe they decide not to do to much and I was waiting for updates for to long so I don't expect nothing more but it would be amazing if they made update for screens to be more useful like on PUSH 2 but it is what it is. Music from scratch can sounds apsolutley mind blowing and that's it. I'm not sorry any more and I spend more time on making and practice for live and I must buy PLUS version just for better quality build I need to use those encoders very quickly and for DAW I am using Cubase and I used Bitwig haha crazy Bitwig but actually I just need more flexibility for audio track on time line and any eq vizualizer Limiter and compressor for fixing crazy dynamic range but I can struggle in Maschine too and I did it and I released music and listeners love it and I got a lot questions on how I did it and I meet many others and they are more dedicated to do all in Maschine and that do it very sucssesfully. I was so active in this feature suggestions I touth that we as community can do great things and I saw one feature that would be a killer Costume Chords to Pads so we don't need to search and loose inspiration or focus and nothing. I just hope when they do version 3 that it won't be worse than this version and I hope for CPU light DAW maybe even better a device with sistem for just music and audio files and no more Windows and Finders just me and CPU with lots of RAM...100gb for Kontakt 23 and master killer CPU with new arhitecture in corporated with Sony PlayStation so maybe they can ad a some games not all... I need to joke and where is joke there are young folks

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yes, but 3.0 was never mentioned in association with Maschine becoming a more 'start to finish' solution, nor it becoming a DAW, altho one can argue that start to finish might = being more DAW-like.

Their stance on version numbering is that numbers are just numbers and don't mean much, you can expect further development of Clips but I wouldn't sit around waiting for a magical "3.0" that will have a ton of features, the current update philosophy is more an incremental type of approach as opposed to gathering a huge sub-set of features and making it a major version. This has been officially stated across a few threads.

3. Psyearth5

I heard from other users but officially NI sad that updates will be lean towards the DAW time line and they done it and next was better connection between many devices and DJ programs... something like that. But a better integration with another DAW is not big thing but it can be super when you sync Bitwig and Maschine but Maschine as full DAW ...I don't like it because I already used and learn my workflow and it's not hard to just export audio even better record audio from Maschine output ... I think that goal is to made a music device more like Computer for music without Windows and Finders and maybe integrated audio interface from start to finish with CPU ozone and without OS better performance but market is risky now because is it better to made touch screen or something like Maschine just totally standalone and robust workflow so every time you know that arrangements gonna be a little slow but over time many will adapt quickly... I mean who knows? Maybe it's better for us to extract maximum from this version and with this hardware and loose knobs with gentle moves and release some good music, maybe something new and by time we finish NI will have something new for us for less than 2000 value papers or crypto. I don't know I'm to busy composing and sound design and generaly preparing myself for period after the summer and to release more music because I can't wait for updates and think about things I don't have impact but I bought MK3 for making music and I will continue but for life I need PLUS so I hope for income to be good and next year I will be a millionaire hahaha little joke is nothing and I do mean everything I sad and I was thinking that we are community and that we can do more than just data tracking participating. I love Mk3 and I tryed PUSH and AKAI and I only need useful screens it would be amazing but I don't believe that that can do mirror screen just over the USB and PLUS is a future. Finally no more Windows and Finders

4. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

Maschine is certainly DAW-like, and a lot of beatmaking and production tasks can be done on it with ease -- especially if you invest the time and energy into becoming proficient.

But it is unreasonable to say "maschine is lagging behind company X, or Y" because it isnt DESIGNED TO BE what some people continue to think it is or was. Maschine is limited -- compared to a FULL DAW. The audio functionality of cubase, alone, makes it essential over maschine2 alone. I also find cubase 10.5 feels limited and 'naked' without at least 3-4 instances of maschine2 and my mk3 connected. These 2 are married forever, in my mind. =P

• Like Like x 2
  5. Psyearth5

. . Hey Im on your side but I honestly can make any genre in moment because I have learned a lot over the years but secret of good sound is sampling manipulation s and resampling and Maschine do it very very well, internal plugins are top top sound is so rich and I compared many similar devices and other hardware in Studio and the owner was amazed and he bought MK3 and almost like public secret but for a fact I know that resampling is must for fat compact sound in 2021. I don't expect nothing more from NI I lost fate writing request for costume chords to pads because it will shorten time they I'm spending searching for right chord shoice then I have to record them to save them and it would be a killer feature but we just need to be honest and make music we love with what instruments and equipment we have... we bought MK3 so what it can do ok I will do my best or maybe you will change it for AKAI. Haha I have short story, I have a friend/ AKAI fan and we made a cool techno track with hip hop sounds and it was kinda of so he wanted to replace them with better fiting sounds and it froze or crashed during this sample transfer. He eventually reset it somehow but he lost the projects and I don't need that.

6. Psyearth5

It is proven that every genre can be made on Maschine from start to finish so maybe they think ok it can be done so we are done here. I wanted so many features and I read do many good and nothing so I come to conclusion that I want to create so I create and I'm really good, I'm happy with income and it is hard job with lable it is easy but it cost and onces you enter the circle it is up to you to decide do you love music or it is too much and for many it is to much work and to many new persons and be kind be creative and you just wanted to make music. #1 I would be happy for any improvement on Maschine #2 I don't believe that screen will be useful like on PUSH 2 #3 there is so much good in this state so why not export audio # it is super easy to play on Mashine and Bitwig in sync mode and with Cubase to but I don't like it so muche as I like it with Bitwig/crazy DAW #5 I hope that you all are doing well and hey use what you have and creative and after first release there will be second and honestly we need to be honest to our selfs just to make something that listeners will call Art and our status will be Artist. It is one way road it is a way of life, Cubase as best DAW and still many persons use other DAW's and exudes like a better sound quality... Life is beautiful and you all for sure are doing something very cool with Maschine and you never even though of doing it like that or playing better so use it as it is

7. Dr G

Dr G New Member

It would be nice to be able to add a text note to patterns/scenes/mixer channels etc. At the moment I have to create a separate text file outside the maschine environment.

8. Dr G

Dr G New Member

Not a priority but... it would be great to be able to generate a musical notation score from the midi data in tracks. Currently I have to fire up Pro Tools and embed Maschine as a plug in sending MIDI to separate pro tools tracks to get a printable score.

9. Dr G

Dr G New Member

I would really like to see patch names for the various hardware synths that I integrate with maschine - DAWs I use allow the import of an instrument or patch definition file with patch name /bank data that can be associated with the external hardware synth and midi CC parameters for patch/bank change etc.. Unless I've missed something (which is certainly possible) I can't do this with Maschine?

10. Psyearth5

Eventually it will be possible but before many other requests and maybe new surprise features

11. PierreMK3

PierreMK3 New Member

12. PierreMK3

PierreMK3 New Member

Hi, I am new to Maschine + I saw that with the new update it is possible to connect a usb hard drive. My question is : -Can you replace the SD card with the hard drive? -If yes, does an external SSD hard drive work on the maschine +? -If not, what is the point of connecting a hard drive to Maschine +? Thanks in advance