1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Most Requested Features

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Aug 26, 2017.

1. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Because it's an incredibly popular DAW here in the UK, not sure about over in Portugal, but here it's pretty much Studio One or Ableton Live.

As an aside: the transport controls worked on my Komplete Kontrol MK1 in Studio One, but they don't work on the Komplete Kontrol MK2 in Studio One. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth consider how great the KK MK2 and Maschine MK3 have been.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I don't think the country we live matters at all when we are talking about a worldwide music software. So is Fl Studio, Bitwig, Pro Tools, Reaper, Etc... none of those have AHI. I think all major DAW's should be supported regardless of which one I personally use or is more popular where I live.

Host Transport Control isn't usually DAW dependent, open a thread about it, maybe someone has a solution.

3. HammyHavoc

Yes, in an ideal world, every DAW would be supported, and I agree, they should be. Are you privy to which DAW is gaining AHI next?

Will do, though AFAIK there's already a couple with the same issue and no solution, the solution seemingly being AHI. I connect my MK1, no problems, connect the MK2, no cigar.

Here you go, others complaining that transport doesn't work on KK MK2 in Studio One: https://www.native-instruments.com/...-and-presonus-studio-one.320492/#post-1618061

They complained of that in February, and I complained of the same issue in April. The assumption was that the new product would have the same integration with S1 as the original. Like I said initially in this thread; it is a crime that this doesn't work considering the MK1 is fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2018
  4. D-One

TBH I doubt that advanced integration is coming soon to any DAW other than the 3 we currently have and even for those 3 the current implementation is still very basic. I could be wrong though, I have no inside info on this although I have asked officially in the beta for clarification on this and similar subjects, so far... no reply so I don't think it's much of a priority.

That thread seems to be about Advanced Integration and not Host Transport Control.

5. HammyHavoc

Please see reply #12 and #14 on that link for another user stating that Host Transport Control does not work. Host Transport Control is definitely broken in S1 in KKMK2. Have you tried it for yourself?

I hope you can understand my frustration given that this worked fine on the KKMK1 and I'm heavily invested in NI with the KKMK2, Maschine MK3, Komplete, and a lot of NKS plugins at this point, and for it to not be working and have my last gen gear instead do what is expected of the most recent purchases is very irritating, especially when this is meant to be an upgrade to my workflow.

6. D-One

I really fell something like that deserves its own thread not one post mixed with 18 other unrelated posts... But then again i don't hang around the KKS subforum much. Not only i understand as i share your frustration, keep in mind im not an Official NI representative, just a mod and also, this is a feature suggestion subforum aimed at maschine.

7. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

You're right. It does deserve its own thread (in the KK forum). I mostly use my phone for this forum. And, I thought it had one. At least they addresses Keysplitting in the latest updates. Maybe a new thread will bring enough attention to simple Transport controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. HammyHavoc

Do you want to go ahead and create the forum thread or would you like me to do it with reference to these posts? :- )

9. D-One

If this is an important issue to you issue why not? Your call. Like I said I don't hang around the KKS forum.

10. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

By all means, please start one. I'm on vacation~ Referencing these posts would be a great way to let them know multiple parties miss this simple function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. HammyHavoc

• Like Like x 1
  12. Capetown Papi

Capetown Papi New Member

Maschine 3.0 Definitely needs a larger Piano Roll with Note Identification !

• Like Like x 2
  13. crunkthanamug

crunkthanamug New Member

Can we please bring back note repeat for notes played on a midi keyboard? (like in the old maschine 1.0 days) That was a great feature!

14. frabo

frabo NI Product Owner

two things, first:
    - move the sample loop brackets in fixed size, with the mk3
    >like I move the entire loop by dragging its title bar with the mouse <

second: I definitely need more visual feedback on the mk3 -> for example the gain reduction of a compressor

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. stanko

stanko New Member

Hi everyone...

I am very much wondering why Automation in arrangment is not on the list of most wanted Features??? I mean to Automate for example a Cut off in a 4 bar pattern over 4 sections in arrangment I have to make 4 patterns and Put them seqeuntialy - very tedious. I have so many different patterns it Hurts... Im my opinion this would sooooooo make it easy to arrange in Maschine... Or am I Missing something ?

Stanko from Frankfurt am Main

• Like Like x 1
  16. D-One

Hi. It is..

17. stanko

stanko New Member

Hi there,

I think it isnt really... I read that above of course, and all of those features - as they stand - are rather applicable to pattern setup then arrangement... In my opinion automation in arrangement is one the very most important features and that cannot be stressed enough actually... I would suggest even better approach then in ableton live, where the link between pattern in session and arrangement view completely breaks... In Maschine would be cool to maintain possibility to have one pattern in both ideas and arrangement, but if you need it you can say break link with ideas view pattern or make it unique or so... or even better: a button which says "use pattern or song automation" so one can experiment with different things. That would be soooooooo cool... I love machine, but arrangement handling is a headache... I hope very much they are going to implement it soon...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Florian Drechsler

Florian Drechsler NI Product Owner

automation in arrangement is so important please bring it...with this i can completly switch to Maschine as my main "DAW"

• Like Like x 2
  19. Disco-in-my-punk

Disco-in-my-punk NI Product Owner

All I really want ( tbh what I want most) Is to be able to set my own chords. I dont even care if its offline or I have to use some damnable matrix. I just want 12 chords "I" think sound great together

• Like Like x 2
  20. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

But I think the ideas view is exactly for a task like this you can make a copy and try then apply only the one you like without loosing the other one. But better automation would be great even if we can use some tools only with the mouse like some bezier curves.

Uwe