Most Requested Features

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Alejandro Tomsic

Alejandro Tomsic New Member

After a lot of struggle and not finding any solutions to these, these are my feature suggestions for being able to play live and arranging:

1. Import full scenes and lock snapshot state from a project to another. This should include groups, instruments, patterns, automation and knob state. This would be useful for people, like me, that would like to set up a live set consisting of the work done in many projects. Currently, the overhead of exporting each instrument group is unbearable. Not to mention all the locked state, to morph and make the set playable.

2. Ability to record morphing between locked snapshots as automation. The absence of this feature is very frustrating. Let's say we have a single scene running and two locked snapshots with very different settings for the same scene. If one would like to record a transition, lets say, of 4 bars from one state to another, now there is no way to do it. I guess the current (awful and painful) workaround is to manually record automation for each parameter.

3. Ability to trigger changes in the way morphing between snapshots happens via midi. Transitioning between locked snapshots of the state feels like a very natural way of playing live. However, this is still cumbersome. Morphing differently from a state to another should be simple: the simplest example is building and releasing tension. When building tension, one normally will do it slowly, for instance, using "Travel 8 bars" to add filters, delays, change the color of a synth, etc, when releasing, we do it fast, e.g., with no morphing or using "Target". Also, this is useful when arranging from another DAW. One can create an arrangement, e.g., from Logic, by triggering snapshots and locked states. Without a way of controlling the way morphing between each pair of states occurs, triggering locked snapshots via midi becomes useless.

4. Export pattern audio that is loop optimized. Dragging and dropping pattern audio looks like a very fast and useful feature, only to find that the exported audio is not loop optimized. one now has to create a scene consisting of that only pattern to be able to loop optimize it, which is a waste of time.

2. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

#4 : it's an option in File / Export Audio (tick "loop optimize"), as well as normalization etc.

4. Alejandro Tomsic

If I understand correctly, that is an option only when using the File -> Export menu. I refer to exporting per-group or per-instrument patterns using the button in the picture:

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 11.04.35.png

5. TheAndroid

No it also applies to these "single" exports :)
    (unless the hotfix on the hotfix broke this feature).

6. Alejandro Tomsic

You're right. The issue I am having happens if I do it in either way. Possibly due to loop optimize not being perfect.
    In this file, there is an example of a 1 BAR PATTERN repeating many tines. when the pattern repeats within the scene, no problem. If you play the entire file in repeat, when it wraps around and begins again, you'll hear "bump".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZIFfUiTriGUPXfvyEnH7ZKXDUiOi_SJS/view?usp=sharing

I guess I'll have to complain elsewhere about this. Frustration after frustration when trying to take things to the next level using this soft-hardware.

7. TheAndroid

Yes this can happen because of effects tail or non-zero crossing waveforms I guess. Never really enjoyed the export loop mechanism for that too, but I didn't really digged too much.

Unfortunately, welcome to the club :rolleyes:. You're not alone, trust me.

8. Alejandro Tomsic

5. Ability to trigger locked snapshots from Sections (Song View) and to trigger each snapshot with different morphing options. Idem to 3, but within the Song view.

9. BOOM BAP XL

BOOM BAP XL NI Product Owner

• Real-time Time Stretch, Pitch Shift for the Built-In Sampler module or Ability to Slice loops in the Audio Plugin.
    My number one feature request by far. I used to use Fxpansion Geist (both 1 & 2) and used the real time timestretch heavily. Especially as Maschine is very sample focused it's beyond me why they don't feel the urgency to implement this.

10. NicToms

NicToms New Member

I would definitely enjoy if they make it possible to control the Komplete Kontrol software with the Maschine hardware, like the Komplete Kontrol can with Maschine Software

11. sameer

sameer NI Product Owner

More inputs than 8. it will really make a step process to route the hardware in and work with things !
    as of now my current setup engages 48 inputs . I know most of the users are "in the box" and not many use hardware but it would nice to see this happen

12. crystaldrone

crystaldrone NI Product Owner

Hmm 4 of them implemented out of 53 in a year. So 13 years I guess give and take. Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  13. adri_bcn

adri_bcn NI Product Owner

Hi all,

after much reading and much software and workaround trials this is my feature request:

(at least) two instances of maschine (to run under Windows).

I really need it to mix one song with the next using an external mixer when performing live.

Thanks,

a

14. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Reaper is really good to do that it's really lightweight and stable.

Uwe

15. adri_bcn

Thanks a lot for the hint, but I already tried Protools, Reason and Live.
    I need to run different tempos of the instances at the same time. And also need the full performance of the Maschine MK3/Jam controllers (e.g. changing scenes) while running Reason as vst. And I can't overload my computer much more!

a

16. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yeah but 2 instances will cost power in any case, maybe traktor with trak decks is an option? You can use maschine and jam to control it with an own mapping but it of course depends on how deep you want to be able to tweak your sounds on live act. With traktor of course it is not a live act as i understand it but track decks are really cool and you can have a lot of fun with then and your own loops/song parts. Not what you want but an maybe an option!?

Uwe

http://www.livefactory.com/products/rack-performer

Also a really cool live vst host but I don't know if it exactly is doing wgat you need

17. adri_bcn

I also found out that Traktor cannot run maschine software in the decks as VSTs either, which is what I would like to have - at least...

a

18. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

That would be awesome

19. sameer

sameer NI Product Owner

This may be a funny request.
    I have a tendency of clicking on the VU meter's to reset if they go in red{start peaking}, As this works on almost every DAW and software like that, Whenever i have done this on maschine, it ends up pushing the volume to the max !! Ideally when you click on the red part, it should just reset the peaks. Can such a thing be implemented >?

regards
    sameer

• Like Like x 2
  20. Austin Davey

Austin Davey New Member