1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Most Requested Features

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Austin Davey

Austin Davey New Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but I would love to see independent assignable LFOs and parameter step sequencer, that can be used to modulate any parameter. Also the ability to record lock changes per pattern and in arrangement. Perhapslocks per pattern

• Like Like x 1
  2. Austin Davey

Austin Davey New Member

3. Sven Unkelbach

Sven Unkelbach New Member

I woul like to see an advanced midi mode, where I can use the scales, light assist, arp, and chords.
    I just got my S88 and was a bit disappointed that the really cool features of the keyboard only work with NI VST2 VSTis, with everything else it is a quite dumb midi keyboard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sven Unkelbach

Also I'd love to see custom scales, custom chords and custom arp patterns.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sven Unkelbach

Aw... my first post is actually a suggestion for KONTROL, the second for both of them. My first post somehow got into the wrong thread...

6. SgtBilko

SgtBilko New Member

2 issues please (both related to using NI products over more than one computer):

1. (Not Maschine sprecific) ..... Can you just make content implementation more consistent across NI products? When I put my content (Ultimate 12 and Maschine expansions) onto an SSD so I could use the content on two Macs (Pro and Macbook). The content was originally on the MacPro and I followed NI's instructions on moving to an external disk (which worked fine). On the MacBook, with the SSD conntected I could easily set up Kontact content in Native Access (locate) but not maschine expansions or some of the Ultimate instruments. I searched the web and the only official help I could find was "reinstall"........ 100's of GB of files !!!! I did find an unoffical workaround (copying .plist files) and I could get the content to install (although when offline Native Access thinks all of my content is "Demo" and not "Full"), but some of the icons would not come though on Maschine. Again no offical help other than reinstall, which didn't work. I did find another unoffical work around (copying image files)............. My point I was able to set up Kontact content in a few minutes........ it has taken me a whole wasted and frustrating day to set up Maschine.

2. Rewire or Logic X transport control...... Not just Ableton Link. I use Maschine on a Macbook as a "sketck book" for ideas. I use ADAT interfaces to record the audio into Logic X. This works until I need to rework some of the Maschine input. I can't do this if I can't sync the transport over MIDI. I know I can copy the project to my MacPro and then open Maschine as a plugin but that means I then have to unplug / replug Maschine3, which is a real pain in my studio. You have implemented transport sync with Ableton Link..... why not other DAWs or Rewire ?

Thank you

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

What version are you on? Native Access has a "relocate" option for a while now...
    Copying .plists was a very bad ideia, there's more to copy for that method to work, either you followed a bad guide or an outdated one, use relocate.

8. SgtBilko

SgtBilko New Member

Thank you - All latest versions

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well. "relocate" works perfectly well for the Kontact content, but does not work at all for Maschine Factory content (including Maschine Expansions) nor Preview. That's what I mean't by consistency. I really didn't want to copy plist files but with NI's official line being "reinstall" I was left with little choice. It really is a waste of time and energy downloading 100s of GB's of content just for a few set up files.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. D-One

For previews, it doesn't work afaik but worked fine for me with both Expansions and Maschine Library and Kontakt which is most of the content.
    Nextime open a thread and ask for advice, if your stuff is still broken and stuck in demo on NA, open a thread aswell.

10. SgtBilko

SgtBilko New Member

Thank you, your help is much appreciated.

"locate" for Maschine content works fine if you want to move the content to an external disk (e.g. SSD) and then "locate" to it. That's what I did with my MacPro. Then I wanted to disconnect the SSD from MacPro and connect to MacBook. On the MacBook I could "locate" the Kontact content but not the Maschine content.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  11. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

As well as being able to merge/append, it would be great if you could also split. D-One

12. D-One

Ohh, of course, I must have forgotten, thanks!
    Added.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

No problem! :- )

14. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

Yamaha RS7000 hardware sequencer (same sequencer as Motif) has some comprehensive functions like this:

'Copy Phrase' - Copies a selected phrase to the designated destination phrase
    'Exchange Phrase' - Exchanges the contents of two specified phrases.
    'Mix Phrase' - mixes all data from two selected user phrases — “a” and “b” — and places the result in phrase “b”.
    'Append Phrase' - Appends one phrase to the end of another to create one longer phrase.
    'Split Phrase' - splits a selected phrase into two separate phrases.
    'Put Phrase' - Copies a selected user phrase into a specified area of a selected song.
    'Get Phrase' - Copies a segment of sequence-track data (from a song length take) into the designated destination phrase.
    (we can only dream about this on Maschine)

as you can see, RS7000 pattern sequencer also features 'song mode' where you can record full length takes (and extract 'phrases' from) ... in song mode you can also record all performance data, mutes, solos, scene changes etc ... very cool

so much about the Yamaha pattern sequencer that would fit into the Maschine world, particularly the song mode and all it's features

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andres Rocasalvo

Andres Rocasalvo New Member

16. D-One

Hello Andres. I'm not sure if that counts as a top requested feature, most of the discussion is to try to understand what's going on...
    Show your support by liking the latest thread or giving your "+1"

17. bortraws

bortraws New Member

Plugin Delay Compensation should be under the Audio Features heading and NOT Under Smaller features in my opinion. It is fundamental to using third party plugins inside Maschine. Being able to use 3rd party plugins properly inside Maschine is a big thing. Without PDC it is almost useless.

18. D-One

I see your point. The Audio section is aimed towards editing/sampler/track sense, it's not about general Audio literally if you will otherwise a ton of other stuff would have to be there, including many mixing related features. It would make sense to have PCD a more appropriate category, I agree but I am not sure if complicating the top requests categorization too much works for the overall greater good of us all. If everyone starts pointing out some requests belong to a particular category it can get out of hand and defeat the purpose.
    This sticky is more of a reference for users to read before posting new requests.

3rd Party or not as no influence, if a NI plugin as a lot of induced delay it will also need PDC.

PDC is highly requested, it's also highly controversial and opinions are split, basically, there's no consensus.
    Some see it as a mandatory feature and want to be able to use super heavy Plugins in Maschine and fully mix on it, even though it doesn't even have other much more basic features such as proper mixer sends for fx.
    Others people see PDC as a DAW advanced mixing function, not a Sampler/Drum-Machine one and therefore it has no place in Maschine as it is definitively not a DAW, especially since PDC and real-time editing doesn't go together, it cant compensate latency before one actually hits a Pad.

Either way, I don't think the categorization here matters, NI is 100% perfectly aware that PCD is highly requested.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bortraws

bortraws New Member

Maschine has evolved a lot with many new features over the last few years – like the option to use third party plugins and the mixing window for example. And due to this I believe it is more and more gaining the identity of being a DAW instead of just a Drum machine. It therefore has a bit of an identity crisis. More users also start to use it as their sole music production software. That is also more and more how NI positions the software.

And you're right of course, it's any plugin with any amount of delay – 3rd party or not– that would benefit from PDC.

I see the list is not per se in any order of importance or stating any prioritization. That was basically my impulse for writing this comment. As it is not a minor feature and I would rather not have NI think we see it as a minor feature. I'm also sure NI is aware of the feature request. Just hope they have it on their agenda for implementation rather sooner then later :)

20. D-One

You might interpret it that way, I personally don't, Maschine is officially advertised as a tool to make "sketches", to my understanding they shy away from even hinting it might be a DAW or heading in that direction. When I think of a DAW I think about a tool with professional level recording, mixing and mastering capabilities, a proper DAW like Cubase or Pro-Tools allows one to record a full orchestra if needed, Maschine can't even record a single Audio Track across sections... So, to me, it's not even close, not even with 30 new features. Of course, this is a bit subjective.

Expecting it to become a DAW will just lead to frustration...On the other hand, people expect at least some DAW features, I do too, I would also love to be able to do more with Maschine standalone software so I could stay away from a DAW until it's time for proper mixing/mastering... Hopefully, it happens sometime this century, but In my point of view especially considering the newest hardware additions everything points Maschine going in the opposite direction of a DAW.