Most Requested Features

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Aug 26, 2017.

1. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Multi-track audio recording could be very cool, but I'm not sure if that's very simple to implement with how Maschine is written. It'd certainly save time with recording in several external synths or jamming with others, but I guess this might be well into DAW territory.

My current workaround is this:
    • Maschine VSTi running inside Reaper
    • Monitoring on all recording input channels at all times
    • Gate on each recording input channel (keeps the noisefloor at bay from always monitoring and allows the next step to work)
    • Script to start recording on a channel when signal is detected, these stack up as 'takes' in Reaper if looping to later sort through as needed
    • The overall result being the ability to wander over to any piece of gear or pick up any instrument and just start recording in, nothing ever missed, as the best ideas are often accidents, no more "hey, what was that you just did?" "oh, I don't know, was it this?" "nah" kind of moments
    • These results can then be later cut up as needed in Maschine VSTi, or used as audio in scenes
    It's not ideal, it's convoluted in some ways, but it's admittedly very flexible. There's frequently times where I wish I could just multi-track straight into Maschine though.

2. org

org New Member

Yes there are current workarounds as with reaper, but it seems to me that Maschine will not be in full screen. As you say It's not ideal, it's convoluted in some ways.

Maschine is very easy to use. We need to keep this awesome workflow and be able to record what comes out of the 16 tracks directly to disc.
    In mixing mode, sounds and groups are easily assigned to the 16 stereo output tracks. Very intuitive. Why not send them internally direct to disk?
    It would be enough for the user to press just one new button: "REC multitrack audio".
    No need to quit Maschine, launch a daw or work in windowed mode !! :)

For Maschine +, 4 stereo tracks or 8 mono tracks would be great. With the 3 audio inputs, I think of new potential customers like musicians with singer, guitar and bass who would be very happy with that.

Personally with this feature, I sell my zoom H6, 1010 Blackbox, Strymon Bluesky, volca FM, sq1 and I buy a Maschine + ... :D:D:D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Yes, Maschine not running in full-screen as a VSTi is a pain in the arse, and something that I hope is going to be resolved in the not so distant future, it looks really silly on a 34" ultrawide monitor, forcing you to scroll side to side to see all the Groups... :rolleyes:

4. E-Chi

E-Chi New Member

A small but interesting change that could be done with Maschine MK3 in sampling mode.
    The info about the buttons on the second screen appear/disappear when you touch/don't them.
    It is cool that it reacts to finger touch. But annoying that the info what each of the 2 buttons do disappear when not touched.
    Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 13.49.16.png It would be handy if these could stay lit up forever. Or given the option to appear disappear / permanent in options

5. E-Chi

E-Chi New Member

I currently only use drum samples and ignore all the rest of the sample packs/sounds. It would just be interesting to have this master tune option. I use external synthesizers that are tuned like how I want them. But occasionally it is annoying to constantly having to change the pitch for some "samples" I get from the library or plugins I open up. As they have the NKS format. They should have an easy way to create a Master tune option that influences the Maschine plugins and the NKS ready plugins.

6. Rilkecat

Rilkecat New Member

Dear D-ONE, wouldn't it be really helpful to have AUDIO MUTE on/off also for groups?

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hi, I guess so but TBH I never had a scenario where I needed that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Lemar

Marc Lemar New Member

I would love the following: (Forgive me if these have been stated or if its just lack of know how on my end)
    Improved Piano roll - Resizable, ability to turn on/off the key of the notes, ghost notes from other patterns in that group (on/off), Chop midi notes shortcuts, select scales/chords for piano roll to show only in key notes. NI get creative with the piano roll, the ability call back recently played notes even when not recorded. Just make the piano roll more enjoyable when we have to go there... Its horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UI - Plugin Window: - Make the plugin window larger or have a hide/unhide one off to the side that allows you to drag and drop plugins on a track/pad. Use images for NI plugins (like Studio One).
    Sampler: Built in key detection (just like I am sure NIs DJ software provides), as mentioned before combine the audio module & sampler (THIS IS A MUST), show the key that the sample is being pitched to, auto reverse function (at the end point of a sample it can be set to play in reverse if the sample is still being triggered ANOTHER MUST) (similar to A.Live)

9. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

sorry,probably something trivial but i just started with M+ and it's one of the first things i noticed :)

A contrast setting for the displays would be nice.I'm not looking top down to it and from my (angled) position the darker colors quickly"bleach"out.

10. D-One

Have you tried adjusting the brightness? The viewing angle is pretty nice in mine, IPS LCD's usually don't have those issues, only VA Panels.

Sad... but true. Give feedback to the existing threads:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...le-patterns-in-piano-roll-ghost-notes.309440/
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...-preview-pitch-in-key-view-piano-roll.324456/
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/re-sizable-piano-roll.322485/
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/highlight-scale-notes-in-piano-roll.322004/
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/mute-events-inside-patterns.315649/
    Theres tons...

11. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

D-One

Brightness is 100...i mean it's not really THAT bad but still...

12. D-One

oooh ok. I was asking because occasionally some people get units with defective screens, its pretty rare tho.

Posting in this thread is kind of pointless, as it's impossible to measure if others also want what you want, it will just get buried under a ton of other posts. Make your own suggestion threads.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rilkecat

Rilkecat New Member

Dear,

That scenario is whenever you mute a Group that has time-based FXs.
    Be it as a Group, or in any of its Sounds.

Therefore, 'Muting a Group' becomes useless during performance, because if its unmusical outcome, though super necessary.

i.e. an 808 kit in Group A with group reverb or delay in the clap;
    i.e. a Group with 16 sampled slices of a record, which share a group reverb or Perform FX;
    i.e. layered synths in the same Group with their own internal FXs and decay tails.

It simply should be possible to choose 'Audio Mute on/off' also for groups, just like with Sounds.
    Otherwise, you can turn them on, but never off: it just cuts the sound in an awkward style.

I hope you consider this for the feature suggestion list, to see how many votes it gets (or should I start a new thread?)
    It is a basic performance feature, super useful, a maybe not too complex to implement.

Thanks!
    Best regards

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  14. D-One

Oh, I see.
    The list is for things that have been requested a lot or have a lot of feedback.
    Open your own thread, I don't think this has been requested before.

15. musicsoul

musicsoul NI Product Owner

Export in Mono

Surely...this feature can be implemented, especially given what Maschine is.