Most Requested Features

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Aug 26, 2017.

1. feet1stmusic

feet1stmusic NI Product Owner

Real Time Bouncing as an Option
    Solid stock MultiPressor
    Get Rid of Clips (it slows down the work flow) and lets us just cup up the patterns as we choose

2. feet1stmusic

feet1stmusic NI Product Owner

Using the Maschine Mk3. If you hit the fixed velocity button, a variable knob option should come up (After Bank and type) that allows you to turn the knob to whatever fixed velocity you choose

3. Artiom Timofeev

Artiom Timofeev New Member

I think you can mark this as implemented as well ?

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

IDK... An Audio Track and an Audio Module designed for loops inside a Group restricted by a Clip doesn't seem like the same things. But I will consider this.

5. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

I still can't post threads here. I want to propose 2 features.

1. Give the option for more than one output. Currently, we could use sends for this. I want just more outputs. Let me send the same sound to any number of groups or sounds. At least 2. I see no reason not to have an "add" button with no limits.
    2. A performance effect of a crossfader. Cross fade between any two sounds in the group. Set an A sound and a B sound. -50 is just A. 0 is balance between the two. +50 is full B. Additional options to default to a specific value when you let go, quantize jumps to tempo (1/16, 3/16,1/8, etc), jump values. Off, 1%, 10%, 25%, 50%, 100%

• Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

What's your use case for this? This is possible if you use a plugin that has multi-outputs, like Kontakt for example.

7. darkwaves

darkwaves NI Product Owner

The use case is the second request. If we had that kind of cross fade performance plugin, I'd want to build alternate mixes to play with. The two sends would work and likely would be enough. More outputs would work better.

8. tighermann

tighermann New Member

In the Maschine software, would be nice to have the possibility to choose input and output separately, just like ableton, logic pro x, mpc software, to being able to route individual physical or virtual devices if needed (sort of loopback using iShowU for instance), anyway expanding possibilities even further.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ziryab

ziryab New Member

estaria bien que en la lista de vst hubiese secciones separadas para instrumentos y fx

10. Dopplgngr

Dopplgngr New Member

Elektron-like conditional & probability triggers (thread from 2017) - Ableton 11 and Sugarbytes Drumcomputer all now have it, surprised this is not on the most-wanted list?

• Like Like x 1
  11. D-One

Sure, why not. I added it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Christopher young

Christopher young New Member

one of the features I use most on my other tools is the ability to save scenes (sequences) for reuse. I find it disappointing I can only do this with a group. I would really love to be able to load a scene from a previous project including midi and assign to a new sound. I understand the group functions but that doesn't allow me to easily mix and match from various projects.

13. Ab Saloj

Ab Saloj New Member

I've waited 4 years for this feature!
    The piano roll has been trash since it first came out I cant believe NI still hasnt figured this out.
    I keep saying that on customer support but I dont believe to care to listen to its customers.
    Its so ******* frustrating!@

14. E-Chi

E-Chi NI Product Owner

UAD Plugins behave strange on Maschine. The settings of the UAD plugins are not saved in Maschine.
    Can this be fixed?
    When I want to use UAD Plugins in a project, I always have to redial the settings every time I relaunch the project.

Best Wishes to all

15. Massimo Schiavo

Massimo Schiavo New Member

Hello, I think that one important feature is to add the possibility to sync the pattern switching like the scene switching (or like clips trigger options in Ableton).
    At the moment if you change a pattern, the following start immediately.

This feature would make the live performance a lot easier!

Below there is a thread with a simple mockup of the feature:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/sync-for-pattern-switching.320182/

(Sorry for my English)

16. Sahnkly

Sahnkly New Member

Could I please request that someone from the Native development team post an honest and comprehensive update regarding the expected release date of Maschine 3.0 software. We were told that this release would bring Maschine in line with its competitors and make it a "start to finish" daw.
    This has been the case now for almost two years and still we are waiting. On the positive side, we have seen some minor updates but the lack of a publicly communicated roadmap is of great concern. Furthermore, when I search for updates there is very little information available. I love Maschine for quickly creating the foundation of new tracks but its limitations are obvious as it continues to fall further and further behind its competitors. I am lucky in that I also have Logic but the process of transferring these sketches into a professional DAW to complete tracks is very off-putting and impedes the creative workflow significantly. This roadmap is the least NI could do for its customers, some of whom have invested heavily in NI products (Maschine, Komplete, Sounds etc) having been led to believe that this update was imminent and subsequently waiting with no clear date published. I know I am not alone but the silence has become deafening and I am growing more resigned to the fact that it is looking less likely due to the obvious lack engagement when pressed directly for a hard date. All I ask for is something from NI that will hold them accountable to their user base, most of whom are growing more disillusioned with the very obvious avoidance to provide dates, timelines or a meaningful dialog outside of collecting suggestions (is it 2 months way, is it 2 years away, are there deeper issues within NI that have put this on hold indefinitely?.
    You owe this level of transparency to your user base and prospective new users. I look forward to receiving your feedback.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

Did anyone ever say maschine would ever be a full DAW? I don't recall that being promised, and I thought most people understood this by now. Which competitors is NI lagging behind, again? I selected my mk3, maschine2, and komplete purchase BASED ON comparisons with, and experience with, other industry products. I chose this BECAUSE of its strengths. What weaknesses do you see, vs competitors? I'm interested to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sahnkly

Sahnkly New Member

NI communicated over 18 months ago that Maschine was working towards become a full "start to finish " production software with the arrival of 3.0. I think you would just need to visit the requested features thread to understand its shortcomings. These feature are predominantly associated with arranging and mixing (hence start to finish).

• Like Like x 3
  19. E-Chi

E-Chi NI Product Owner

Some transparency would be interesting. And Maschine has a lot of unfulfilled potency.
    They could turn Maschine into the beat/DAW/Live dreamMaschine!

20. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

Did they EVER say "maschine will become a full DAW"? This refuses to die.