1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Content of Komplete 12 files from system drive to external drive

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Penang4, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM.

1. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

Even though I set my Preferences on Native Instrument Access for Applications to go to my internal system drive and and downloads and content to go to my external SSD, everything has gone to my system drive. My question is how can I copy the content of my Komplete files to my external SSD.

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Windows or Mac? Which Version?
    Libraries went to the system drive? Where to?

3. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

Its a Mac 10.13.6. Everything went to Mac HD, applications folder

4. D-One

NA installed the Libraries (Content) in the applications folder!? Never heard of such a thing... Can you post a screenshot pls?

5. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

6. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

7. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

They’re just the app files
    Normally the content is in the Mac shared folder
    Copy the shared folder to your external and set native access to it

8. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

Thats what I get when Open Absynth 5 as an example. My Internal SSD drive had 87 gigs of free space before I started to download/install the Native Instruments. My external SSD had 1TB which I was hoping to store the contents/samples on. I had followed the Preferences options to save downloads and contents on my external SSD and the Applications on my internal system Mac drive, so Im confused to what has happened, but more importantly how to get the relevant content onto my external SSD.

9. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

Where is the Mac Shared folder ?

10. AL’DREAD

Goto your Mac hdd / users / shared

11. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

Thanks Al ! Jus did that everything went great. Should I now delete the Shared Mac shared folder on my internal drive ? And how do I set Native Access to it ?

12. AL’DREAD

In native access goto preferences
    Where you set apps / download/ content/
    Set the shared folder to content

You can keep the original shared folder , but if you want to clear space just delete the native folder in side it

13. Penang4

Penang4 New Member

Hi Al, Im nearly there just got a few more files to download and they are going to my external drive and Iv deleted the Shared Files on my internal drive. However I just looked at my installed files and and Im getting messages about relocate all files and repair files, any idea what I should do ?

upload_2019-11-11_11-2-51.png

14. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

just relocate and point to the "new location". Native Access should then "get it" :)

15. D-One

Yes... You have to Relocate each Library Folder individually for each instrument.