1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Moving Massive Library; External Drive

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Aron Stokes, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Aron Stokes

Aron Stokes NI Product Owner

I recently freshly installed my Komplete Select products. I'm looking to move Massive's library onto an external drive. Would it be the User Library that I want to move and where is Massive's library folder location? Also, do I need to use aliases or symbolic links, or can I just simply move the library and rescan? Also, what other libraries that come with Komplete select do I need to move? I want to move everything necessary to my external drive so I can save space on my internal drive.

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

The Massive X factory library is just presets and on my computer takes about 89mb of space which is negligible by todays standards. If you want to move librarys (like Kontakt libraries that have tons of samples), then you need to look in Native Access Preferences at the "Content Location" as that is where all the content is installed. you can then move the content to the external drive and then go back into Native access and it will say "Repair" to the right...click repair and then select "Relocate" select the new path to the library and then click the relocate button...just a forewarning, sometimes a reinstall is required if relocate does not work. Just a heads up.

Peace,

Blindeddie

3. Aron Stokes

Aron Stokes NI Product Owner

Thank you, Blindeddie! Appreciate this information!