1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Moving tracks from traktor pro 2 to rekordbox (windows)...how?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by csam5662, Apr 9, 2015.

1. csam5662

csam5662 Member

Hi guys,

I would like to know how i can move my tracks (analyzed and with all the stored hotcues and loops) from traktor pro 2 to rekordbox?

I know that there is a software called rekord buddy, but its only for Mac users and I am a Windows user....

How do you trasfer your music from traktor pro 2 to rekordbox? what possibilities do I have?

thx for your time!

2. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

RekordBuddy is a popular option but there are others, for example i use Mixvibes Cross, you can import your entire Traktor collection and export direct to Rekordbox. Its a little bit overkill using an entire DJ app just for export purposes but it works well.

3. csam5662

csam5662 Member

Ok thanks for the advice! There are 3 different versions available of mixvibes cross. Only with the one, which costs you can sync your track collection with rekordbox. As far as I can see...

Is there any other possibility?

Is there anyone, who djs with USB (rekordbox) and traktor and has the same problem?

4. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

You can export directly to .xml and import into Rekordbox but i'm pretty sure you lose your hot cues etc. Also you can use iTunes but you also lose your hot cues etc

I only ended up using Cross because i had the full version anyway ;) It does work well though...

5. csam5662

csam5662 Member

ok, thank you very much for your help!
    I will try the export to xml. and the other possibilities.

thank you very much for your help!

6. Milkyahu

Milkyahu New Member

Hi,

I've imported the collection from Traktor to Cross DJ.
    Works fine, with CUE POINTS and all.

Now, I want to have them also on Rekordbox so finally I could use the cue points with the CDJs.

*** How can I import cue points from Cross DJ to Rekordbox?
    I've been searching all over the place.

Thanks!
    :)

7. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Maybe pose that question in the Rekordbox forums?

8. MixMasterG

MixMasterG Active Member

One of the other possibilities is the DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU). DJCU is MacOS only and there are no plans for a Windows version <period>
    If you're not technically shy, and got access to a MacOS capable system (either a Mac or a Virtual environment) you can use DJCU to convert a Traktor Windows collection to Rekordbox for Windows.
    I've created both a video and a whitepaper on the subject explaining step by step what is required.
    It has a higher geek factor, but it will bring you the conversion you're looking for without breaking the bank.

9. Anti-Skating

Anti-Skating NI Product Owner

You need to buy the full version of Cross. Or better yet, buy RekordBuddy. There is no free tool to migrate your collection. And if you're on Windows (like me), Cross is the only option out there. Or just stick to Traktor. Those are your options...

10. dj_estrela

dj_estrela Well-Known Member