MPC 2.3 Out Now Your move Maschine!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by luneytunes, Nov 16, 2018.

1. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

The standalone firmware and the software are pretty much the same so the touch should be fine for you. The touch screen isn’t as responsive on the touch but the plus side is that the screen uses displaylink so you can actually view your other software on the device if I’m not mistaken.

The main differences between the standalone and software is the amount of audio tracks (only 8 on standalone), real-time timestretch doesn’t sound as good and of course lack of VST support on standalone. There are a few other things but for the most part they are very similar.

If you can play around with the thing before buying it I would recommend it. It takes a while to get used to coming from Maschine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

Those who know about it having +- events will also lurk in these waters of power.

For the record I need Maschine to catch up to Ableton features but I want the X as a sidepiece. NKS rules.

3. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Think about akai opened up there software to other controllers.. added features that no standalone controller can do.. and just think what next... NI yes will release Studio and it will look nice .. anyone have high hopes for 3.0?.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

You could get an unbroken Kazoo for that :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Crazy Lou

Crazy Lou NI Product Owner

Nobody mentions that It took Akai 3 yrs after the release of the MPC Ren to get their stuff together. They suckered a million users into buying their new futuristic MPCs (MPC 1.0) and flopped big time. Yes, its a good come back at double (live) and triple (mpc x) the cost of a Machine MK3. Me I rather spend the extra dough some where else. Pete and Geoff are cool people tho. They stay in touch with their customers. NI doesn’t talk to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. certifiedbeatz

They tried the controller market and somewhat failed.. they did how ever realized that there core customers are hardware users and listened and made there futuristic Ren to the X...

• Like Like x 1
  7. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

How many times has NI sold us the same ol song and dance? Open letter anyone?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. certifiedbeatz

I complained got banned for so called hurting peoples feelings.. Mods banned.. product could be great.. but must be a language barrier... or Germany still hates the US. Listen D one dont reply your turning into there punching bag.. remember the open letter.. i was a part of the pissing and moaning.. when i went all in on NI.. spent the money... Studio and K61 plus 60 kits from 3rd parties.. they promised and disappeared... so inbox them not us who paid for false hopes.. yes it was works.. but stop saying its the future when your developers are still working on Maschine 1.0 fixes in 2.7..

9. machinesworkinghardforyou

machinesworkinghardforyou NI Product Owner

Couple things here. One, the built in instruments are automatically tied into the touch screen and the 4-16 Q Link knobs.
    I'm still just using the software only but the integration is deeper because of this. One thing even more than the sound of hardware I miss is an already set up hardware workflow. I've got an Xpander here and even with it's menu diving the experience is so much nicer when designing sounds.

Maschine offers some of this, but as you know, it sucks with odd time signatures, can't jam out a song etc. The difference in price between the Touch and Live isn't that big, and you get stand alone operation, a sound card, two MIDI in and outs, a place for an SSD, bluetooth etc etc. For the price of a hardware synth, MPC Live offers me three 'hardware synths, a drum machine, sequencer, and sampler, plus backup at the least in case of computer issues.

10. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

As pointed out to you on another thread, you got banned for swearing at people. By all means complain about product you dont like but dont swear at people, no need

12. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

It has some nice features but it seems the MPC X or live users never finish the songs they make in the MPC Software itself.

13. SupremeSoulstice

Because everyone finishes in a daw of some sort for final mixing and recording. Doesn’t matter if it’s an MPC or Maschine..

14. skinswashdc

For mixing and recording yes. For do a full beat maschine imo is better than the mpc software in that regard.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  15. certifiedbeatz

No i finish a beat in the software.. but when you record to your daw you always sprinkle more on it and mix... idk not a good argument there.. the facts Akai step to the plate and listened. Will the NI folks bring back there open letter?

16. SupremeSoulstice

You obviously ain't on the internets. Maschine Masters has a MPC Live user creating beats from start to finish every Saturday or Sunday on their youtube channel..

17. skinswashdc

Yeah I subscribe to them on youtube. Got any links to show that? i'm not seeing that. Thanks.

18. skinswashdc

For mixing etc, I get that. Can you compare the process or your workflow with the software in making a full beat with it? I know some Maschine users who are interested in the mpc are probably wondering about the software in general. Thanks.

19. skinswashdc

One feature I really like in the 2.3 update is the auto sampler.

20. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

Just picked myself a touch up for 220 GBP.. looking forward to having the full experience.. :thumbsup: