MPC SOFTWARE UPDATE fully compatible with NI Controllers

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by SupremeSoulstice, Apr 17, 2018.

1. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

Oh wow, thats really cool! Good to know, will have a look at the weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  4. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

The video from Saint Joe was pretty uninspiring....the update allows the mapping of all the parameters, so any controller can be mapped to ones liking...

I still don't see it as better workflow than Maschine or an Akai hardware setup

5. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

+1

6. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Fanboys are missing the point, it gives us another way out of the NI ecosystem.! Does Maschine allow you to map any controller for all it's features? - I think not.

Whenever I see updates for Maschine software it is simply bringing out more and more exclusive features for controllers to lock us into the ecosystem (doing exactly what they said they would not do), now it seems like AKAI has done the opposite right?

I assume the AKAI software cannot be purchased independently (?) so I guess I would have to opt for a cheap controller if this is any good.

Very cool regardless .. would be hilarious if they supported Micro/MK1 and Apple!

• Like Like x 4
  7. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

upload_2018-4-17_8-11-39.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Do you think this is due to a lack of mpc sales ?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

I linked up my Jam, MK 1, MK 3. The jams strips was uncomfortable to use as qlinks.

The mk1 and mk3 however work really well. Having additional knobs and shortcut buttons makes it a good tandem.

This also works standalone with the Live and X . The only caveat are the qlinks are not mappable in standalone. You can still map tons of functions though.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Gidi

Gidi NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 4
  11. SupremeSoulstice

That's perfectly fine you feel that way. We now have access to audio tracks, better time-stretching/warping capabilities, arrangement, and so much more stuff that Maschine is still way behind on. All without really having to leave it's platform to do other basic stuff you can't with Maschine. Plus it's relatively cheap as a purchase. Feel free to wait some more years until NI catches up.. 6+ years has been long enough for me and I no longer have to purchase an actual MPC to have access to this stuff or lose money selling my Maschine for less than it's worth to access this stuff.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

Very tempting.....but I still don't trust the MPC software...maybe I'll try the demo version and go from there...
    upload_2018-4-17_12-6-33.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

Have they not been selling well? The new models only just came out, and I'm assuming this takes time on the software developers end to get this done. I feel like they have been planning this for while well before they heard of sales figures (speculation).

I'm no developer, so if it is not so difficult, shame on NI for not allowing more integration into their hardware and software like their competitors allow.

• Like Like x 3
  14. CakeAlexS

For that price I assume it's a better idea to buy a controller and get it bundled I assume..

Edit - just saw the discount but still looking for an excuse for another controller!!

15. CakeAlexS

Well the cargo bay doors have opened and the vacuum is ready to suck people out of the bubble. Guess I need to do more research.

16. AggresiveWoof

AggresiveWoof NI Product Owner

Switch from a perfectly compatible software for the controller Mikro, Mk2, Mk3, Studio to an uncomfortable MPC SOFTWARE with incomprehensible compatibility :cool:

17. CakeAlexS

Much butt hurt in that statement.

Perfectly compatible?

Err better read their Apple statement.

Actually my Maschine Studio won't do multi MIDI out (bugged in Windows, NI refuses to fix), the sequencer loops patterns forever, and Maschine Studio is clearly slowly being ignored for exclusive features for other NI controllers.

And MPC can do a lot Maschine can't do. Just let me know when they can hook up an AKAI.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SupremeSoulstice

The software honestly is fun. As mentioned before, my son purchased an MPC Live after ditching his Maschine Studio with no regrets, making his dear old dad jealous. You can find relatively cheap Mpc's all day, not as dope as the new ones, but more than capable of being used with the 2.2 software. I'm just happy I can get the software and not have to buy another controller or wait for NI. Tired of spending money on half baked controllers and platforms. Man I miss the strictly hardware days lol..

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. crushkd001

crushkd001 NI Product Owner

The Time stretching pitch shift is definitely what is making me buy this today. NI dropped the ball on that one because they didnt want to cannibalize Kontact's Time Machine but it would have definitely been better to use it in Maschine. Also now I will be able tohave a linear sequencer. I will probably see about using maschine as a vst in mpc.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SupremeSoulstice

I honestly believe you've never had the opportunity to really dive in to the MPC software wholeheartedly to make such a statement.

• Like Like x 1