MPC SOFTWARE UPDATE fully compatible with NI Controllers

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by SupremeSoulstice, Apr 17, 2018.

1. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

Who said I like maschine ? Did you decide that for me ? And I don't need to justify anything to you. Lets just say I purchased the MPC software because I think its sooooo great....its rocks mashine's world man....screw NI ....:mad:;):):rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Obviously gearslutz is not a an official forum but Dan the akai rep posts there a lot , and I brought the mpc software,because for £100 and the ni controller templates it's worth it, I'll use it as a sampler in maschine , like someone might use various different hardware samplers .
    No hate here , it just seems you come here to troll

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Even though, I agree...Maschine should be open sourced.

I don't think it means what you think it means....NI isn't just going to fork over the source code for their best selling product.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

I really hoped they would have improved song mode in the 2.0 release. At the very least you shouldn’t have to stop a sequence to enter song mode. I would also like to see the midi note/audio data while song mode is playing. I think the JJOS mpc OS allowed those things.

I love using the MPC Live, Maschine and Reason in tandem though. But man can Akai put in crossfade loop already, it’s been 6 years since the release of the MPC REN. Maschine has had it forever, Jjos mpc had it for years, and even the mpc 4000 had it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  5. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

Not lockd but slowly moved away from eyesight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Bad spelling in all still akai dominates this forum.. and you bloats british term lmao know your fed up with ni..

7. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Well my thread was productive I see.. smh

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Ofcourse I've worked with an MPC before. That may not be a big deal TO YOU, but its a big deal TO ME. Funny how it's not nitpicking when it comes to "nitpicking" Maschine apart.

I have both the MPC and Maschine and can actually compare the two right in front of me so yes its a big deal, and no its not nitpicking. I am looking at a difference that people like to look over when they want to act like Maschine is stuck on the stone ages while the MPC shits gold...fam.

Look I’m all for constructive debate about each product but I’m not seeing any.

I posted what I as in myself don’t like about the MPC but here you come to defend it. That was just me stating what imo is a failing of the product.

I also think you and everyone on this forum is doing potential MPC buyers a disservice by not pointing out that no it’s not perfect. But every time an MPC update comes you guys post on another products forum and them what don’t expect comparisons? C’mon son.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SupremeSoulstice

Lol man I hate the internet sometimes. Look, I don’t know how you came to conclusion I was making this a serious conversation like that, but believe me I’m not. That’s not the energy I was trying to come off with if it feels like that. For that, I’m man enough to apologize. In the end it comes down to what people are used to and comfortable working with. Again, my bad. I actually like a lot of the stuff you post and you’re one of the more helpful cats in here. Peace. I’m usually good with taking time to think how I word things because conversation gets lost or misconstrued easily in forums.

10. SupremeSoulstice

Another thing.. about how you feel that I come here making the MPC come off as being perfect. Search every post of mine if you have to and you’ll see that not once have I said that it didn’t have issues. I’ve also stated before, and here that this isn’t to get cats on the jump ship wave. I own the the Studio, I own, an ASR, I’ve in the past used legacy MPC’s with my last one being the 4000. Each musical toy has its own advantages and disadvantages.. my only thing with NI has only been their not keeping their word consistently in the past as far as where Maschine was going. As a supporter of their business I deserve that right. Other than that.. people work with whatever they want. I’m more than good with that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

well my posts have been all over the place and a bit crazy at times.. I'm also a legacy MPC guy 3000,2000 and 2500 which the 2000 was my favorite when I wanted to buy the 4000 it was discounted.. again my rants have been because of the false promises and more and more product coming out with the same software and NI never listened to there customers it to years for routing but oh well not looking to get my rep back here on this forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

omegatron
    If they are not on the demo download page , then I don’t think you can get them till you buy it , There’s a link when I log into my account

• Like Like x 1
  13. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

Found them thanks, should have read the whole post.. it's on the thread, bad form on my part for not looking...

• Like Like x 1
  14. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

So after a few months who’s still using there maschine controller too control the mpc software
    Lol I admit I’ve haven’t used it much :rolleyes:
    Converted a few mpc kits to maschine kits

15. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

I still use the MK1 and have the 8 knobs mapped to the qlinks.

16. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Cool , I’m gonna have to remind myself to use it more , I’ve got the jam template and studio ,

Interesting , I could probably just keep my studio (was thinking about getting rid and getting mk3) in midi mode then I could have two 4x4 controllers Maybe get a mikro next week .

17. machinesworkinghardforyou

machinesworkinghardforyou NI Product Owner

“MPC 2.0 Special Edition Bundle” On sale for the next three days at VST Buzz. MPC 2 plus 5 sample packs, the complete MPC Touch/X library and an FX collection from Air, $119 USD.

I'm picking it up, I really like the workflow of Maschine, I do think it's a better design. I did the 7 day MPC demo and thought it was OK, but what really does it for me is not being able to do multiple time signatures in Maschine almost ten years after it came out. For $119 I'm willing to see if I can't become friends with MPC2.

Doesn't mean I'm ditching Maschine, but it could end up like Geist 2, great software with one caveat that kills it, in the case of Geist it's lack of hardware support.

18. omegatron

I got a legit ilok serial off of eBay for like 6gbp, I was super sceptical wether it would work or not but it was fine and worth every penny..

19. machinesworkinghardforyou

machinesworkinghardforyou NI Product Owner

I see a similar listing, looks like they sell mostly OEM software, stuff that's usually attached to hardware. I had a sketchy scenario getting a couple East/West libraries for 90% off like this off of a European distributor who had ended his distribution business, he sold me a copy of EWSO Platinum that had used serials.... I got really really lucky and East/West gave me new serials. When it gets to 90% your chances of something going wrong go through the roof IMO. The copy of the Dark Side that shady ex distributor sold me was legit...

The other upside to this is the deal includes 100% of the content you get with X/Live, and 5 additional libraries, so it's not much of an extra expense if you end up getting X or Live hardware. You "should" be able to sell the copy that comes with Live/X without issue.

20. omegatron

Yeah it's worth a chance though, for 6gbp I'm willing to take a hit if it goes South and there's always PayPal protection as a backup, the serial I got had two activations available so I'm pretty confident that its its all good..