MPC X

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by certifiedbeatz, Jan 9, 2017.

1. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

Impressive.
    Expensive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

Well well well...wake up mr. sleepy!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. certifiedbeatz

I believe one downfall doesnt support 3rd party vst.
    I hope im wrong...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Apparently does in "controller mode", which makes sense. Otherwise it would become outdated extremely quickly as computer processing power (and like wise plugin power) would advance beyond it's capabilities.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Enyo Aluka

Enyo Aluka New Member

Man this thing is incredible. NI will be forced to step up its game and release a standalone studio as well. Good times for us producers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Doubt it. It's a niche market and I would imagine that most people would still prefer a laptop...

• Like Like x 3
  8. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...I couldn't make one beat with that...my eyes would bleed starring at this...but hey...it would've won design prices in the 80s...or maybe 90s...
    but hopefully people are now happy with akai again...ex mpc gurus on other companies' forums are exhausting...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Harsh

Harsh NI Product Owner

I still do not know why anyone would want a stand alone in 2017.

• Like Like x 6
  10. certifiedbeatz

After i posted the thread i saw the video...

11. certifiedbeatz

Maybe not a standalonr but 8 out mtc and controlling a daw also plugins will work all that most of us hate with ni will most likely work with akai

12. turbo46

turbo46 NI Product Owner

NI got the ball now..........

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

NI's best chance to stand out in this market is to step up on their Maschine software. That's what made people purchase a maschine in the first place. I'm getting that X as soon as it drops. Mainly for the capabilities alone, and honestly think NI is way behind in the game right now. While NI was developing keyboards and the JAM, AKAI was working on what they knew best. Don't get me wrong, I believe NI can do it. I'm just not sure how many people are trying to wait that long in a fast food society, after waiting years for them to do anything as of late. They allowed AKAI to beat them to the punch. Sad really..

• Like Like x 7
  14. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...I find it very appealing and if there's some automatic process to bounce your projects down to playable audio projects to take them on the road with the stand alone unit - that would be very cool. However, personally, I'm already put off by the software side visually. For me there is too much going on and it looks like a traditional DAW (but I'm sure GUI elements can be hidden and reduced etc.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's what I really like about Maschine - that its visual appearance just shows me what I need when I want to write my layouts and I hope the NI designers will be able to keep it simple while enhancing the functionality. Anyway, 2017 looks promising... :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. certifiedbeatz

Thry cant ecen get there daw mode working sure ok if the touch screen works well and it displays setting while in a daw so u can tweak then this might be a game changer

16. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Software looks good to me.. mpcx2.jpg mpcx1.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. certifiedbeatz

Make sense now why NI been focusing on there sequencer...lol i guess i dont have much clout i was at there headquaters and the rep didnt even tell me about this... going by the screen sot it has audio files i wonder if you can do chromatic keys...

18. certifiedbeatz

I want to mix in my daw and sending a email now to akai rep who didnt give me this info

19. certifiedbeatz

Of course limited info since it was released today..

20. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

I agree that there is definitely alot going on the screen at once... Even though I dislike that I can't see what's inside of of the groups themselves in Maschine, the UI does a nice job of showing what's relevant for a given window, and that we do not have to fight the interface with constant sizing and resizing with the mouse. It's one of the reasons Im not a fan of the workflow, I feel like there is too much going on and dependent on what I'm doing I have to shrink and enlarge windows constantly.