MPC X

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by certifiedbeatz, Jan 9, 2017.

1. bobbyduracel

bobbyduracel NI Product Owner

In the interest of scientific experimentation, I am going to test drive the new Pioneer DJS-1000 for the winter as well. It's simple and quite limited, but it's extremely playable and it has pitch faders/nudge button so it'll line up with my dj rig perfectly, and manually, every time. At that point, my groovebox/DAW situation can be judged not on it's ability to be playable and production friendly, but just the latter. That may change things in my mind.

2. bobbyduracel

I'm telling you guys, InMusic has the hardware (MPC X/MPC LIVE) in house, as well as the Denon Prime units (SC5000) which are all MCS products. They only need to throw the MPC Live faceplate (pads, knobs) into the Denon Prime shell (right where the 8 pads and the platter live) and do a quick application which behaves like the Pioneer Toraiz/DJs-1000 software & they'll have a murderously fun little box that can... wait for it... Open in any other daw as a VST running through the controller (for when you want to expand the project on your computer).

BOOM!

• Like Like x 1
  3. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I had to bump one of the largest replied thread on this forum.. so dominate it had to be moved here.. Move it back to have something to talk about it.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

I keep using the machine studio just because I own it as well as the Live for sh*ts and giggles. The MPC is dope and fun as hell to work with. If NI really treated these units as a threat I wonder if these posts or their units short comings would even exist.

5. SupremeSoulstice

That’s the thing though. I’m not emotionally invested like some here are. I just want a dope product to work with. Being s fanboy benefits no one other than the maker of such hardware. Nothing wrong with being objective.

• Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Sure... it was moved here because we are scared to death everyone on the forum runs away to buy MPC's... definitively not because a thread named MPC X in the Maschine forum is off topic.... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. SupremeSoulstice

Why so sensitive? I know you know ya ish.. some folks it’s just better to ignore instead of stooping low.. just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SupremeSoulstice

NI is good for creating new controllers. I’ll give em that.

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Not that serious thus the B2k joke... although implying we move threads to censor the forum does annoy me a bit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. certifiedbeatz

All good well change the title and move it back nothing really going on in the forum anyway..

11. certifiedbeatz

It had 60000 hits so it must have been popular..

12. mcl

mcl NI Product Owner

Yay! New job for me!

13. certifiedbeatz

WOW 2.4 keep building software and hardware true standalone.. just the best thing out for the past 2 years

• Like Like x 1
  14. SupremeSoulstice

Completely agree, well coming up on just almost a year and have seen two major updates in that timeframe that made these boxes completely different and fun to work with beasts! Love being able to touch the screen and work that way if I do choose too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. certifiedbeatz

hopefully they keep there word and keep coming out with fixes and updates every 3 months

• Like Like x 1
  16. bobbyduracel

My Mk3, jam, s61 and CE are all on the production desk, but my dj booth now has an MPC X & Akai Force.

• Like Like x 1
  17. certifiedbeatz

I use to own Studio and K61 sold it after I bought the MPC X.. I should have kept the K61 since I bought A25 just so I can toggle through the software while its a VST in the MPC software....

18. certifiedbeatz

I use to own Studio and K61 sold it after I bought the MPC X.. I should have kept the K61 since I bought A25 just so I can toggle through the software while its a VST in the MPC software....

19. bobbyduracel

I think the Ni stuff is amazing & it’s a vast array of tools that all map to the controllers in a way that I do appreciate.

Time will tell. I disliked the MPC daw when I owned the Live. I’m hoping that the combo with the Force means I’ll only need the MPC to handle drums & vinyl samples, and the addition of the controls on the X will combine in a way that works better for me.

Add the Force for synth layers and clip-based organization & think it’ll be really cool

I’ll probably swap my S4.3 for the Denon Prime as soon as someone puts out a video confirming sync over Ethernet to the Force.

20. bobbyduracel

Yeah, and the “bounce to standalone mode” means one click from Kk plugin to audio rack in MPC... easy.