MPC X

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by certifiedbeatz, Jan 9, 2017.

1. daslicht

daslicht NI Product Owner

according to what I've read, 2.4 still buggy and people are downgrading. There seam to be a problem with slow 3rd party plugin GUIs either.

2. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

agree a little buggy but still on the right path

3. certifiedbeatz

Crazy update for live and X ..2.6 is a solid update with alot of bug fixes...

4. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Akai loves them some Ableton don't they.

5. certifiedbeatz

Yea I understand the partnership it should open the doors to other daws somehow. Interesting tho you have to put in song mode to get all your sequences

6. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

personally i dont think working on an "als export" is worth much development effort since you can already export everything you need but whatever..it adds cache..so i see why.
    Anyway, imo its simply a high dose of pragmatism.. Live is the most popular DAW amongst the non linear crowd, and it may hold off the "MPC needs to be a DAW" mantra, because that will never happen (just like Maschine) as it a pursuit that would be a death spiral.

Hopefully akai will work on simple functionailty, usability & workflow issues, some of which are painful...

7. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I’m playing catch-up right now. I had so many projects created on my MPC Live and Force and now I’m just transferring them to Ableton Live daily.

8. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

It’s great to be an MPC owner these days. It was announced we’d be getting updated every 3 months, and like clockwork they’ve delivered. Automation useable in standalone as well as the software? Incredible.

• Like Like x 2
  9. certifiedbeatz

Pretty happy!

• Like Like x 2
  10. daslicht

The pots of the MPC X are from better quality than Maschine's ? Do they keep their resistance ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Interesting take from MG on Akai. I agree with him. Time stamp 4:31.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SupremeSoulstice

MG needs to make up his mind. Just a couple of months ago he was saying the Live blows everything out the water. That’s why his homeboy laughed it off. I follow both those cats channels. MG is largely a software guy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. certifiedbeatz

I just hate how how older guys act like they are in college .. they sound so IDK .. are u black or finding yourself.. idk.. 2 degrees and I get so many corrections here.. lol.. and guess what I'm black!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Why don't you all go home!

Er hang on...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. SupremeSoulstice

I only come back when I get notifications from this post. That and to see if you guys are still being played around here with the development of Maschine. Who knows, if something exciting finally happens I may just pull out the dusty Maschine studio.

16. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I check in occasionally to see if the new Maschine controller on the horizon is going to be standalone........still dreaming.

• Like Like x 1
  17. daslicht

noone ?

18. SupremeSoulstice

Might be better asked on the mpc forums page as I don’t own the X. I do own the live and they feel better than the Maschine Studio I own.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  19. daslicht

Oh it was a general question not only relate to the X. How long do you have the Live ?

20. SupremeSoulstice

I’ve owned it for about a year.