1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice
  2. You can find all the latest news on macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple M1 compatibility for our products here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013515618

Dismiss Notice

MPC1000 & Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by alexbuga, Jan 25, 2012.

1. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

Hi all,
    I was contemplating at a MPC too. I really like the 1k.
    But after seeing the MPC fly announcement and after doing some serious **** with Beatmaker 2 on the iPad... I don't think it's worth it.

So I've downloaded the PDF manual from Akaipro.com and read all about it.

Bottom line: Even Beatmaker on the iPad does all the stuff that MPC 1k does. Even MIDI OUT to other apps, or external hardware (through the Camera kit).

And as for portability... Makes no difference to me if I have an 1k hooked up to 220v or the Maschine to my Macbook pro.

What would be endeed nice was 2 quarter inch jacks on the maschine so I can hook up my headphones and the iPod (for youtube sampling) :D

2. Bremen

Bremen Forum Member

Just wanted to comment on the portability issue. I agree with you 100%! I do not understand those who go on about how the MPC is portable. I can sit in my car, at a picnic table, in a lawn chair in the back yard...etc... with my Machine Mikro and my Macbook Air 11" and beat away. With a MPC (except I think for the 500, but it is limited) I have to be next to an electrical outlet.... how is that portable?

3. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

making beats on a regular bus, train and plane is over rated,

if u aint out on tour do u really need a portable setup?

like honestly are u really going to go to the beach and make beats or go on holiday and just stay in the hotel and make beats hell nah.

just cos madlib had the 303 thats true portability but he actually gets paid to go overseas so doing that **** is part of his work but everyone else im not sure.

also i sold the 1k to get maschine and feel maschine is better overall

4. Bremen

Bremen Forum Member

It's cool that you don't, but I sit in my back yard with headphones and make tunes quite often. I also will sit in the car and play while the wife is on one of her long shopping hikes for a purse or skirt.

But we agree the Machine beats the 1k ;)

5. alexbuga

alexbuga NI Product Owner

I also play in the car with my iPad while waiting for the wife to get out from work.

6. Speaker

Speaker Forum Member

Need? No. Want? Yes.

I spend a bit over 2 hours each weekday traveling to and from work and I've used iMaschine quite a bit, so having actual pads would be a plus.

Also, since my job is nothing to do with music - being able to produce stuff in downtime or if I have to stay back would help keep me sane.

All of my music making stuff is at my place, so when I'm staying at other peoples places and can't sleep or get an idea - being able to pull out something portable would be awesome.