MPE controller Native Instruments?

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by musictop, Nov 11, 2020.

1. musictop

musictop NI Product Owner

Hello, Ableton live 11 allows MPE, is it possible to use MPE from S61 MK2 or from Maschine MK3? If not, Native Instrument, does it plan to release an MPE controller? Thank you for the information, Sincerely,

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

So first question would be, what kind of expression would you expect out of an MK2 with an MPE supported instrument? Maschine doesn't even have AT in the software (tho the hardware is capable) so MPE would be a pipe dream.

Full MPE needs a hardware device designed specifically for this purpose and the market is pretty neich. The NI Keyboards are the same as almost every other keyboard out there where they will offer velocity of the first key hit then Aftertouch data while the key is held. They do not offer pressure or anything else and AT is already supported.

NI wouldn't release info about what hardware they will release but I wouldn't hold your breath for an MPE styled controller, the demand V cost wouldn't be there I don't think. I certainly have no need/interest in finger wiggling my expression and having tested a Seaboard in a music store, it's not something I like to play or touch personally, just not my style of thing to use.

3. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

The keyboard poll N.I. sent to its user base this past week had questions regarding what to include with next keyboard controller. MPE for MIDI 2.0 was my big ask.

4. musictop

musictop NI Product Owner

Thank you for your answers.