Multitimbral 'performance' mode

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by lord funk, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord funk

lord funk NI Product Owner

I'm just starting to get into Absynth - love it so far.

I'm puzzled at the lack of a multitimbral performance mode, though. It's very cumbersome to load a separate instance of Absynth into the DAW for each preset you want. It would be much nicer if it were like Kontakt in that one instance could provide 16 instruments. The configuration is there... presets, banks, MIDI channels. Is there a reason that it was not set up to allow more than one preset per instance?

Also, I just noticed that it only recognizes program changes when the window is open in Performer. That would be another nice change.

Cheers.

2. Dr. Weisch

Dr. Weisch NI Product Owner

yeah, um...I support lord funk's suggestion. I honestly don't get why there is no multi-timbral functionality. It that comfortable with Kontakt2 :)

3. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

There's very few software instruments besides samplers that are multitimbral. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Reaktor (if you load up multiple instruments in the same ensemble), a couple of the VirSyn plugins, the M1 from Korg's Digital Edition Legacy Collection and Terratec's Komplexer. And, probably the only reason the last two are is because the hardware they emulate is multitimbral.

ew

4. Dr. Weisch

Dr. Weisch NI Product Owner

Aye, OK. It's not something necessary to survive. Would be a nice feature anyway :D

though I don't know if the applications ressources would allow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.