Music Tech magazine to release a Focus on NI

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by BB King, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB King

BB King NI Product Owner

I just picked up the latest Music Tech magazine Focus number (on Cubase), and they mention that the next Focus will be on Native Instruments.

So it will be a special magazine containing 132 pages of Native Instruments info, including 56 pages of workshops. This magazine comes with a DVD containing tutorials, and other stuff.

It should be nice...

2. munichlondon

munichlondon Forum Member

That's great info, cheers! Do you know by any chance when the next issue will be available? I wouldn't want to miss it...

3. BB King

BB King NI Product Owner

It should be very soon in the UK if it is not already. I think it is supposed to be early February. You can check the magazine's web page there:

http://www.musictechmag.co.uk/mtm/focus

It is not advertised yet.

4. steve3186

steve3186 NI Product Owner

Has anyone got a copy of this yet?
    Sounds/looks great

5. BB King

BB King NI Product Owner

It should have been out already (it was supposed to be February 5th in the UK)... but now, if you go on the Focus page of Music Tech's web site, the current Focus issue is on mastering.

I don't know what happened with the NI Focus.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. munichlondon

munichlondon Forum Member

7. BB King

BB King NI Product Owner

The next Music Tech Focus will be on ProTools... it seems the scheduled Native Instruments focus was canceled.

8. markscottuk

markscottuk NI Product Owner

I have some good news for everyone. I emailed Music Tech focus enquiring about the magazine and got this reply back:

Hi Mark

Really pleased to hear that you found the Cubase and Reason Focus magazines
    helpful.
    We will be publishing the Native Instruments Focus magazine in August.

Kind regards

Mary
    Anthem Publishing

9. BB King

BB King NI Product Owner

Hey, that IS good news. Thanks for the update!

10. jimzepellin

jimzepellin NI Product Owner

Thanks for the heads-up. They must have delayed the issue just for me as I just got Komplete5.;) I'll have to get a copy of the mag now.

11. markscottuk

markscottuk NI Product Owner

I got it on Thursday! was well worth the wait. - and I did get Kore 2 and Komplete 5 too :)

12. UncleT

UncleT Forum Member

Hi,

I tried to to order the issue, but the shop system won´t let me. It halts when I have to choose my country (which is germany) and by clicking randomly on links it gives me an Error 500...Can anyone (maybe from germany) confirm that?
    And maybe has a workaround for that? (popup blocker, Firefox whatever...?) :D

UncleT

13. mdf25

mdf25 Forum Member

I got the NI edition as well as the cubase and guitar recording editions too, the focus books are great!

14. emulator01

emulator01 NI Product Owner

Hi UncleT,

i am from Germany and i bought my copy at the main station in Stuttgart (International Press).
    The online shop did not work.

bye
    Frank

15. UncleT

UncleT Forum Member

Hi Frank,

thanks for the advice. I received my copy today.
    Solution was just calling Music Tech guys by phone
    (pretty old-fashioned but worked perfectly ;).

UncleT

16. jimzepellin

jimzepellin NI Product Owner

Personally I found this mag to be a big disappointment. One third is just reviews. If you are buying a magazine for the tutorials you must have a copy of the software so why do you need a review? The majority of the rest is just a rehash of the manual. There are one or two handy hints in the power tips. If you only own one or two pieces of NI software you'll be wasting your money. If you own Komplete you may get something out of it. I have Komplete and I wish I had spent the money on beer.

17. UncleT

UncleT Forum Member

Same here, if you own Komplete you should look for the manuals. I was expecting a bit more in-depth sounddesign tricks etc. Everything (except the interview and the reviews) is written in NIs manuals as well.

(I didn´t dare to criticize the mag because I made such a fuzz about it to get it :p)

UncleT

P.S. If you own Ableton Live you should go for Computer Music´s special issue. THIS is how a special should look like (no recycled material, all articles are up to date and full of tips and tricks).

18. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

Agree 100% about the NI & Ableton specials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.