In Sticky Mute Events Inside Patterns.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by D-One, Apr 17, 2017.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Pretty simple suggestion, ability to select events inside a pattern and mute them.
    On the software it could be done with the mouse select and right click to show the mute button.
    In the hardware inside Step Mode or Events Mode it should be done by pressing Shift+Mute.

The current way of achieving this is to duplicate the pattern and delete the events altho that works it doesn't leave as much space for experimenting until you find something interesting and kinda a forces you to commit to something that if you later on want to edit you will have to duplicate the pattern again and redo it all... Very counter productive.

Here is a simple illustration.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

I agree with this feature request. The workaround I use to (sort of) get around this is zeroing out velocities on desired notes to create "ghost notes".

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Very interesting, never thought of that, i just tried that and with 0 velocity the sound is muted or at least not audible in my quick test. Doesn't fully solve the issue but sure helps a lot! Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J Butler

J Butler NI Product Owner

I've been asking for this since oh... FOREVER. Ridiculous that it hasn't been added considering that every single major DAW sequencer has this ability.

• Like Like x 1
  5. davidec

davidec NI Product Owner

Yeah seriously. How hard can it be? More to the point how absolutely useful will it be!
    Please Mr NI can we make it happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. affinia

affinia NI Product Owner

7. OlivierFromGre

OlivierFromGre NI Product Owner

+1

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

8. GVik

GVik NI Product Owner

9. motionscreen

motionscreen NI Product Owner

You can do this, but you won´t be able to restore your original velocity values.
    I prefer to duplicate the pattern before I delete the unwanted notes to have a backup.

10. dvoa78

dvoa78 NI Product Owner

That would be Nice.