My Absynth Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Eclipse.Sound, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Eclipse.Sound

Eclipse.Sound NI Product Owner

It will be updated - since i dont remember all the things at this time:

1. Patch change arrows should be programable (Midi Learn ) i've seen a sound bank reviewers with good keyborad controller browsing Factory bank in youtube using MOUSE wich is not pleasent for your back - its a big shame that modern synths like Massive and absynth dont have this feature. - its about time to do it.

2. Sample jump is in steps right now - its good for drums and rytmic stuff but it should be dynamic and fluent aswell - and samples reverse and forward play should be controled by Envelope. ( like in cubase - "scrub tool", but not manual... )

in this case - Linear line with % value above the Env with line beginning at 0 % and ending at 100 % will mean that the sample is played normal - like original.

And side Value indicators should have time value / % value , and of course any square type of square-based Env Shapes will act like the present time Jump function - so we will have "two in one"

3. Fix LP filter Bug.

4. Create Bypass balance parameter for every Filter ( just like in the cloud )

More to come...

2. Eclipse.Sound

5. Morph-Waves should have like 16 slots for Waves to load.
    And we should blend between these waves smoothly.

6. Deleting unused Waves Function.

7. Automating Spectrum wave editor lines by maros and Env (Blue Phase lines and yellow amp lines) - i would use it for sure, since i spend lot of time in that window...

9. Locking single Anchor points in Env Editor.

10. Add Full polyphonic Aftertouch and radomizer (like in NI Massive) - assigned the same style like Vel. in Absynth (works fine)

3. Eclipse.Sound

11. Switch Off Unused macros Button from the performer View (+ Make visible Macro ctrl. much bigger to compensate the free space)

or just make a slider with macros visible for the patch - so we can get rid off these empty unused maros with names like "Macro Control 12: CC32" and make performer page look more aesthetically pleasing.

4. Eclipse.Sound

12. Add Stereo (and 5.1) pan control for Main FX Channel signal and Input 1,2,3 signals.

5. Eclipse.Sound

13. It would be nice, if we can't switch Off some Vel. parameter and change is with another one - Something simple for example:

Velocity is controlling LP filter Freq, but macro allows it to switch between controlling filter freq and (for instance) ring mod level Amount. (its just like in NI Massive)

This will allow to make very dynamic and interesting sound patches.

6. Eclipse.Sound

14. Marco Controls Assign:

Auto Recognize macro assign : For example we assign Unison Trans from Osc B - we should have by default

"Oscil B Uni Trans" name insted of "Oscil Uni Trans" name.

7. Eclipse.Sound

15. present Macro control on Envelopes is not good and its taking a lot of power from Absynth - Make mix Between Envelopes options and assignable Control-driven Envelope to control the place in the Mix between the Envelopes.

(absynth is capable to host more then one Envelope per parameter - so use that)

8. Eclipse.Sound

16. Copy/Paste option for Envelopes.

9. Eclipse.Sound

17. 4th Oscillator with 4th channel?

10. Eclipse.Sound

18. Tune Up and Down Waveforms option in waveform editor panel.

11. Eclipse.Sound

19. 2 Bypass Buttons (or Signal Direction Switch) at the bottom of every channel chain (in the Patch window)

Bypass Button nr 1 turned on, will bypass Master Mod/Filter 1...

Bypass Button nr 2 turned on, will bypass Master Mod/Filter 2 and exclude particular channel signal flow from the bypassed master mod/filter.

Two Bypass buttons on, will turn the 'dry' channel signal directly to the effects block.

20. Make it possible to split the signal from any Given Channel before (- Right from OSC) or After Filter A and plug in to the Fitler Block A or B on another channel.

21. Add new effect - some combination of flanger and 48 stage phaser.

12. losan

losan Forum Member

you can do this already via the usual key combinations for Copy/Paste,

also you find the options in the Edit menu.

Cheers

13. Eclipse.Sound

You're right - the shortcut key command Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V works - It Never occurred to me that they put hidden key comand without a menu posistion for mouse pointer access.

Cheers - that will make a lot of things faster.

14. losan

losan Forum Member

Well, there is a menu for it - just below the "Absynth5" writing - click on the "Edit"-Button, and you'll see in the drop down menu the options to "Copy Envelope" and "Paste".

Nonetheless the key commands are more convinient IMHO.

BTW - #3: LP Filter bug - what is this bug about, can you explain this a little bit ?
    (or point to an already existing thread about it...)

Cheers

15. Eclipse.Sound

LP Filter is affecting sound when its open on full (22000.000 hz) - maybe thats intentional - i don't know but i would like an option to keep the sound 100 % original and raw sounding when filter is fully open (only LP filter ofc.)

Listen to this on good headphones (speakers are to brutal for that) - and tell me if you have that to.

And About that Edit button - wierd i never use that...its right in front of my face and i never notice it - maybe the fact, that osc and channel copy buttons are in the osc panel options i was looking for Env Copy button in the Env Section edit options - that would be consistent - but the preset placement is more then ok.

16. 33tetragammon

33tetragammon NI Product Owner

Confirmed here, doesn't matter which one you pick, all lpf filters do something to the sound like you described. It makes a stereo sounds source less wide imo. I'd love to have better filters in Absynth.

Plus a 'SAVE PATCH WITH SAMPLES' feature. HINT!!!!!
    I don't know why that is still not implemented.
    Sorry for the derail guys and gals.....

anyway....

17. losan

losan Forum Member

OK, that's what you're talking about... yeah, that's something I noticed right away the first time I played around with Absynth
    (in my case I started with Abs 4 back then) - them taking away some of the higher frequency content.
    But I never considered it as a bug actually - I never owned an real (analog) hardware synth, but I could image that a real filter circuit always does have an impact on the sound (more or less) - even if the cutoff is all cranked up.

My guess is that the way you'd like the filters to behave NI would need to implement new additional filter types so not to break up backwards compatibility with prior sounds, which use the so far available LP filters.

Best and Cheers

18. Eclipse.Sound

Yes im aware of that in analogue circuits - But I don't think, that over 50 year old, primitive, machines (recreated over and over again) should be a guide for creating components in modern sound design tool like Absynth.

Bottom line:

I just like to carve imperfections myself, and do not rely on some filter patterns.

Some compatibility mode with Absynth < 5 sounds should work. (like in u-he Zebra 2)

19. Eclipse.Sound

"imperfections" is a bad word to describe a desirable results - but i think you get the idea - maybe "chaos factor" will be more suitable term.

Back to the points:

22. Long waveforms with scanning mode.

20. Eclipse.Sound

23. Guide Lines for Envelope modification.

You drag (click at/highlight) the break point of envelope and guideline automatically appears on other active envelopes - this should be useful for chaotic out of sync envelopes coordination, when its necessary to sync two parameters at some key location.

And perfect time lock on other break points should result in highlighting them with green color (for example) - snaping mode should help this process.