1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

My Z2 does not connect ! Help!!!

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by ERwin LC, May 19, 2017.

1. ERwin LC

ERwin LC New Member

I have experienced an issue with my Kontrol Z2 and It seems like i'm kind of blocked here.

I own the Z2 since december 2016 and I was using it with my laptop, everything was running fine.

My laptop died a few days ago during a gig due to some electricity problems. I have a computer at home, so I have decided to install Traktor and my Kontrol Z2 driver so I could mix while waiting to buy another laptop.

I have installed everything correctly, (Traktor, the drivers and everything) but there is a problem occuring:

-My computer does not recognize my Z2 when i'm turning it on.

-I can only use my Z2 in mixer mode, with real vinyls.

-When I turn on my Z2, the only thing that I have are the "A , MST, B" indicators enlightened

Can someone help me here please? I'm starting to loose hope :(

ps : I have tried to run everything on a different computer, installed and reinstalled all the drivers 10 times, changed cables... but it seems like ther's nothing to do about it

2. solger

solger NI Product Owner

If the Z2 also isn't working with different cables or on different computers, it looks like the Z2 (or its USB-port) might have also been damaged.

But it's best to contact NI Support about this directly (via phone is usually the faster option):
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/company/contact-ni/

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. ERwin LC

ERwin LC New Member

@solger, thanks for your reply.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe my Z2 would have been damaged following this incident.
    Nevertheless, I found a video on Youtube , a Z2 user is exposing the same exact issue that I have, without mentioning any hardware damages or incident...

So what do you think? Should I throw my Kontrol tru the window? :mad:

4. solger

solger NI Product Owner

If you haven't already, you can try to contact NI Support about this first and see what they have to say about this ...

But you'll probably have to try to return the unit for warranty where you bought it (since it doesn't seem to work on other computers as well) ...
    Did you read the comment in the video description?

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  5. ERwin LC

ERwin LC New Member

I'll try to reach them by e-mail, it would be better since i'm living in France and I don't want to pay an enormous phone bill by calling the U.S.

Here is the thing, my girlfriend bought it (second handed) for my birthday so the Z2 is not affiliated to my N.I account. Moreover, I think the warranty has expired since the past user owned it more than one year. Do you think that N.I would still try to do something for me?

6. solger

solger NI Product Owner

In this case you might try calling the Technical Support in Germany or the UK (in addition to sending a Support Ticket or e-mail).

Well, only way to find out is to try asking them ...

You might perhaps also check if you or the gig host have any kind of insurance which might cover any damages caused to your equipment ...
    Good luck!

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  7. ERwin LC

ERwin LC New Member

Hmm, I did not think about the insurance thing, this might be a good idea.
    Anyway, i'll try to reach N.I by monday to see what's possible to do.

Well thanks a lot for your advices @solger , i'll keep you posted here if there's something new coming up :)

8. Savage Lake

Savage Lake New Member

Is it possibly a license issue? It supposedly is only good on 2 computers. Maybe the previous owner did not uninstall the copy of Traktor that came with the Z2. I honestly don't know how they can keep track of that, though.

9. lo_cut

lo_cut New Member

Im having this problem as well. I basically have to turn my Z2 on and off approx 10-15 times before Traktor and Z2 sync. Ive one time had to reset Traktor and this worked. I have to do this all the time. Any progress??

10. Mattia Voci

Mattia Voci NI Product Owner

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?
    Video of my problem:

11. deejayollie

deejayollie NI Product Owner

Had the same issue... How i solved this problem:

1. Open Controller Editor first and it will usually seem like its freezing for about 10-15 min...
    2. Once Controller Editor is fully open... Try to press the connect button on the top left to your Z2 mixer...
    3. While Controller Editor is still open, Make sure you exit and close Traktor...
    4. Once Traktor is closed. Quit Controller Editor then open up Traktor again...
    5. At this point your Mac should recognize your Z2... if not yet, you may have to repeat steps 1-4 one more time...

Hope this helps...

Oz

12. Leonardo Prozczinski

Leonardo Prozczinski NI Product Owner

Btw, this video is mine.

Still rocking my Z2 with this problem, though.

13. allenrichards

allenrichards New Member

I know this topic is a bit old but has anyone had an issue with the USB plug not inserting all the way into the mixer? My buddy just got a new Z2 and he has this issue. He's tried to use a good bit of force but obviously doesnt want to break it. The computer/traktor sees the mixer and it works fine but the plug is barely in the port. See attached pic.

Attached Files:

14. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Looks OK to me.

In general, the plugs on USB 2.0 Type B cables (used in this case) are a little bit longer than the USB ports itself.
    That's why a small portion of the plug is still visible although it's plugged in 'completely' - which is normal.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019