N.i. This Is The Thanks For Buying Your Products?

Discussion in 'B4 & B4 II' started by BiL, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiL

BiL NI Product Owner

Got the upgrade message for Pro Tools 8.0.1 LE and after upgrading my system locked up because the Native Instruments B4II is not compatible with the upgrade. Had to drag it out of my plugins folder. The worst part is N.I. is NO LONGER SUPPORTING THIS PLUG AND OTHERS. Arrggh! More money wasted on software that now is obsolete. I bought the B4 originally, then paid for the upgrade (less than a year ago) and now it's vapor. I will never buy another N.I. product again. I realize it's difficult to keep up with all the system upgrades etc. but isn't that what a company is in for when they go into this business? I am disgusted with this lack of support from N.I.!

2. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

The B4 II software still works, just not on your upgraded system.

All products, even software products, run their course and are eventually discontinued.

I suspect there are other products whose versions are not compatible with Pro Tools 8.0.1. LE. Some may have upgrades you can buy, but others may not.

It is unfortunate that NI decided to stop working on B4II but these things happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.