NAMM Traktor Announcement - News Now Available

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by PhilL, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Even when max says dont have sex with your ex... we have other people rapping "Some say the x, make the sex Spec-tacular" ;)

2. Steveborough

Steveborough NI Product Owner

Any word on whether the NI timecode will work with the SA2? no legalities there. NI, do the right thing.

3. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

i dont think they will be so human to let us still use our sa2 so lets hope they fix their problems with the cirrus chip. the system will be absolute useless if the soundcard is working bad :(

4. LNE

LNE Forum Member

I have some profound knowledge about IP law and there is no need to dig too deep into this on this forum. But, we both agree, its all about (a) the parts of software that is used to interpret the timecode and (b) the parts of the software addressing the drivers of the SA2.

Everyone now knows how the timecode of FS is working and afik the TC is not patented, so everyone should be free to code an own routine that interprets the timecode. No need to use stantons very own code to interpret the TC. Adion did so for his software DJ decks. Alcatech did so for Digiscratch.

The SA2 works pretty good on other DVS systems (Virtual DJ, Mixvibes, DJ Decks) with the delivered Asio2 drivers.

Even if IP or contractual issues really prevented NI to support the SA2 as of January 1, 2007, NI should be able to support the SA2 after Stanton has opened the FS technology as - let's call it - "open source".

I assume NI does not want to spend hours to develop their own code to interpret the timecode and address the SA2. Obviously, there are some vaild points for NI to do so considering that they develop on their own DVS system and not support a competitors technology. But, this is a business decision, not a legal "no-go". And such decision makes FS owners (like me) feel pretty bad.

5. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

Wow 20 odd pages already...about emulating vinyl...Thank God for Pure Traktor 3 ;)

6. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

What are you talking about? Those are the A/D converters, and they're used in ALOT of the prosumer interfaces on the market right now. They're clean and open, ESPECIALLY for the price.

What "problems" are you referring to?

7. djDoring

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_de/forumdisplay.php?f=142

a forum about audio kontrol 1 and it seems ni has many problems with compatibility,stability and their drivers do some strange "fades".

if this happens to audio dj 8 which uses the same chipset and i think the same peoples are devoping the drivers then this would be a very huge problem.

8. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

The big word in your statement is 'IF'? Speculation that it 'IS', at this point, is unwarranted.

Phil

9. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

The A/D converters dont need drivers any more than the RIAA amps do. The Cirrus Logic converters don't have anything to do with the problems users are having with the AK.

Then, you assume that it will be the same hardware in the ADJ as the AK. It may very well be, but I have no idea. Neither do you. Was this posted somewhere by an NI dev or on the website? It's certainly not on the NI product page.

10. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

PhiL & nem0nic

Don't you guys think that djDoring raises a good point though? I mean, did you read that board? Not very encouraging. Also, I've read similar things about GuitarRig (can't remember if that was v1 or 2 though).

11. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

No, I don't.

It's pure speculation. And it's obviously not even well informed speculation. I also find it a little pointless to complain about a product that isn't out yet and hasn't been tested at all.

As for using the SA2, I don't know what will happen. I would LOVE to see Traktor Scratch use the SA2 as well as the ADJ, but that may not be possible for legal reasons. This has nothing to do with NI. And if it would require a bunch of expensive legal wrangling for NI to incorporate support for the SA2, why should they bother?

If there was ever a time in the last 4 years to shake your collective fists at Stanton, this would be it. Stanton left their vinyl control customers high and dry without any software to go to or any continued development by them. It's the biggest boneheaded move I've seen them make.

It's unfortunate that the only thing you can do as a customer is vote with your money.

12. djDoring

we'll see in april if my fears get reality or if ni has a new customer :)

13. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

So what is the "crossgrade" offer for an existing Traktor 3 users?

So I guess with the new audio 8 interface will I finally be able to work with all 4 tracks with the vinyl control?

If I already have the full Traktor, can I just get the Audio 8 interface and use my TFS records or by Traktor Scratch records individually? I wonder if I would save some cash this way.

How much for just the Audio 8?

14. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

there will be a limited time offer - limited in time and availability, so be fast!

as i dont have the $ prices handy, here's the € price:
    regular: 599 €
    crossgrade for T3, FS2 and SSl users: 399 €

yes and no - there are enough inputs and i dont know how it would be with 4 cd-players hooked up, but you can anyways use 2 *real* decks and switch seamlessly the timecode assignment.
    i didnt test this so far, but i'm highly interested and as soon as i understand this fully, i'll let some more info out. ;-)

you have to installed traktor scratch to make use of the timecode ability, even if you use it in T3.3. (to prevent people from just what you thought, obviously).

15. LNE

LNE Forum Member

interesting: A NI customer who has paid:

- 399 EUR for A8DJ;
    - at least 99 EUR for T3;
    - some 50 EUR for Timecode Vinyls/CDs;
    ==================
    approx. 550 EUR total

is forced to buy the package including software, he does not want to use (Traktor Scratch Software which is a stripped down and optimized Version of T3) at a retail price of 599 EUR, as NI does not want him to save 50 EUR!? And even if he saved 50 EUR, he will not have a TScratch manual and the the cable set...

I somehow dont get this. I mean, why does NI offer the a8dj as standalone produkt if not for those existing T3 customers, who want to get into DVS? Why are the T3 users forced to buy the stripped down TraktorScratch software, even though they have purchased the "bigger" produkt?

maybe I am missing out something, it just sounds weird to me...

16. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

I'm really interested in the more that 2 tracks playing simultaniously (sp?). Not necessarily all with time code, maybe playing 2 loops from the "virtual" decks on C & D and 2 tracks on timecoded tracks A & B.

I'm really looking at Torq right now because of the ability of having 16 loops or samples at your fingertips while the other 2 tracks are playing.

17. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

I think you are missing the cross-grade offer for 399 EUR. It's the full TS package for T3 users (including everything you listed above).

But I agree on having to *install* TS even if you have T3 is a bit, erm, weird - if true. Mods?

Hm, although - if the emulation capability is depending on an authorization that would be an *addition* to T3 (even if T3 includes the code for it) - with the current Service Center implementation you would have to install TS. Pretty ugly (again, if true -> mods?).

18. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

TRAKTOR SCRATCH Competitive Crossgrade Offer
    For users of:

* Stanton™ FinalScratch 1 or 2
    * "Rane™ Serato Scratch Live"
    * TRAKTOR 3

€399 / $449
    Includes: TRAKTOR SCRATCH full package.
    This offer will be available for a limited period. Details to be announced shortly.
    from their shop

19. LNE

LNE Forum Member

ok, you guys are right, my fault. I oversaw that the competitive upgrade is available for T3 users as well. I guess FunkyRob did so as well.

The competitive upgrade is a good offer for T3 users and FS1 users. FS2 user might tend to sell their FS2 after upgrading to TScratch. But people who obtain the used FS2 should be aware that they purchase a product, that may never be updated or upgraded... wonder who is willing to pay serious money for the used FS2....

Thanks for pointing this out

20. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Hey guys, just thought you all might like to know that instead of censoring my posts regarding NI's actions with regard to the FS2 issue, Phil has decided to take a highly vindictive action against me privately. Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to say what that action is, but you can rest assured that my speculation certainly hit a nerve.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see this post go *poof*, but I feel that everyone here should at least get a taste of how NI and our faithful moderators deal with criticism against the fatherland (that's NI in case you didn't catch that one).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.