1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NAMM Traktor Announcement - News Now Available

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by PhilL, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenixdahouseket

fenixdahouseket Forum Member

Re: Announcing The Native Instruments Audio 8 DJ

He's right though, no way I'll trade in my 800€ FS2 scratchamp for a lousy 200€ discount !

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Sorry Phil, I see it.

AUDIO 8 DJ ships with TRAKTOR 3 LE, a compact version of Native
    Instruments’ TRAKTOR software that offers two decks with high-quality
    time-stretching, an integrated mixer, performance effects, loop and
    cueing functions, a powerful track database and Beatport integration. The
    AUDIO 8 DJ interface is also the centerpiece of Native Instruments’ new
    timecode-controlled TRAKTOR SCRATCH DJ system that is available as a
    separate product.

Pricing and availability
    AUDIO 8 DJ will be available in April 2007 for a suggested retail price of
    $ 449 / € 399 from authorized dealers and in the NI Online Shop.

Owners of AUDIO 8 DJ will be eligible to purchase TRAKTOR 3 at a
    discounted upgrade price of $ 119 / € 99.

3. Technokrat

Technokrat NI Product Owner

I'm aware of that. Nevertheless it's not over the top to expect a better upgrade offer than that. Especially for those of us who also own a copy of Traktor 3.2. I'm sure 400 Euro still maintains a nice margin for NI. How about scratching that in order to keep us on board...

4. mal1ce

mal1ce NI Product Owner

Few questions:
    1. Any ballpark figure on the upgrade price for T3 owners, and do we need to upgrade? This quote makes it sound like Scratch is the little brother to T3:
    The TRAKTOR SCRATCH system can also be combined with Native Instruments’ acclaimed TRAKTOR 3 software, which opens up even more advanced creative functionality.

If thats the case, will current T3 owners get special pricing on the Audio 8?

2. Do we have to use the Audio 8 hardware with Traktor Scratch, or will the SA2 be supported?

3. Any more info on the Instant Connect multi-core cables? I'm assuming this is some type of an upgraded USB cord since it comes with the software end of the package...??

4. Got any pics of the loot?

5. Steveborough

Steveborough NI Product Owner

Super Yawn!

much better announcement:

[M-Audio Link removed by Phil, Product being discussed in other threads]

even for current FS2 3.1.3 users

NI go bye bye for me.

6. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Pricing is announced and if you go to SSL you'll still be spending $600.00+ to get fully kitted out.
    I assume you already have FS2, and I also assume you have problems with it, therefore you would be pissed off with NI producing their own DVS product because why?

What specifically are you wanting?

Phil

7. djquartz

Go check around and see what people will buy your SA2 for. Not to mention go check and see what you actually get for trading your FS2 in with competitors.

Remember what Stanton was offering for SSL users and FS1 users to switch over.

NO DIFFERENT!

8. Technokrat

Technokrat NI Product Owner

Stanton also has a plan that might be promising:

A Note to Our Loyal FinalScratch DJs

As we progress into the new year, Stanton would like to address our FinalScratch loyals, and give you a little insight as to where we're headed. Led by our original launch of the FinalScratch technology, the world of digital DJing has grown and developed immensely over recent years, and Stanton remains highly committed to this movement. Our strategy is and has always been to stay focused on releasing only the most innovative digital solutions, based on emerging technologies, and on what makes sense through the eyes of the DJ.

We will continue to support our loyal users, and over the coming year you will see a digital product strategy unfold from Stanton that gives you the tools you need to reach performance abilities you never thought possible as a DJ, allowing you to take full advantage of the digital DJ technology that we pioneered with FinalScratch.

FinalScratch OPEN

The first step in our strategy is to introduce you to FinalScratch OPEN. Today, there are a number of feature-filled DJ softwares available that offer many ways to build your performance. We think one of the greatest advantages we offer you with FinalScratch OPEN is the freedom to choose the ones that benefit you most. The most important thing to know here is that you don't need to buy any hardware - you already have it. Your Stanton ScratchAmp is a state- of-the-art low latency FireWire 96k / 24 bit audio interface that is compatible for use with a variety of software applications, making it an ideal solution for programs that do not currently ship with a sound card, such as MixVibes, Deckadance, Ableton Live, Traktor DJ Studio, PCDJ, and the like, and providing the connections needed from turntables, cd players, and microphones.

Because the ScratchAmp is an ASIO/WDM device on Windows and is a class compliant CoreAudio device on the MacOS, it can work with virtually every audio application on the planet. The Asio and CoreAudio compatibility ensure that pro-audio applications such as Cubase, Project 5, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Reason, and others will run flawlessly with the sound card.

FSdk

Stanton has now opened the Final Scratch format, allowing all software companies, big and small, to take advantage of time code support. We believe that by providing this technology free of charge to developers, as well as linking its use with the ScratchAmp, FinalScratch users will now enjoy an unbelievable new realm of possibility. FinalScratch OPEN now has the potential to become a cross software standard for vinyl control.

With FinalScratch OPEN, we are now shipping the world-class Stanton ScratchAmp as a standalone piece at an incredible value, and working with software developers to offer DJs the opportunity to choose the option thatÕs best for them. As an existing ScratchAmp owner, you can enjoy this benefit immediately! Stay tuned for the next steps...

9. djquartz

Yeah that's IF people want to support the SDK.

What happens when things break?

10. grikschatj

grikschatj NI Product Owner

Phil, not to split hairs, but I only bought Taktor 3 because of FS support. So yeah, I expect a hell of a lot more, especially with Stanton offering the FS code FREE.

Incorporating FS along side of Traktor Scratch would be a wise move for those of us who less than a year ago shelled out several hundred dollars for Traktor because it supported FS2.

Right now I'm very irritated at this whole situation. I understand the bad blood between NI and Stanton, but as a consumer I feel completely taken advantage of by both companies. Telling me I can buy Traktor Scratch for $449 or whatever when I know the FS time code is free to NI doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

While I understand Serato will cost me more, they seem to have their act together. Right now using my FS timecode with Traktor 3.2.0 is working just fine for me.

I'm sure this new product will be wonderful, but it's hard to expect those of us who have been put through so much with the FS line to be jumping for joy because in order to be able to upgrade our OS or Traktor we have to shell out more cash. It's a tough pill to swallow.

11. djquartz

Hey man, good to see you're on board. I know we've butted heads on some issues in the past with FS.

But this should be a nice new path to travel... :D

12. DiDigital

DiDigital NI Product Owner

13. djquartz

The pages aren't updated yet.

14. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

So far the Korg Zero 4 wins.

15. DiDigital

Okay .. but where have you "seen" the new products ??

DD

16. djkee

djkee NI Product Owner

It is better news than Stanton has - they now have "FS Open". Basically, they are trying to provide FS ScratchAmp hardware and vinyl timecode and allow software makers to use their timecode to develop dj and music software.... but IMHO the FS ScratchAmp is overpriced.

If I wanted to go that route, I'd just buy SSL for the same price and get the full support of Serato software. And then once they add ASIO drivers to SSL hardware, use Ms Pinky vinyl to gain access to any MsPinky enabled applications. Ms Pinky timecode is better than FS2, and the time-code CDs work too!

I'm just as upset as other FS2 users that I have to fork out another $600 if I want to use the new Traktor Scratch. I'm actually on the fence right now about it. The things that would make it worthwhile to me are being able to use 4 time code decks with timestretching and native mix... but I think I will wait to see what luck others have at using all of these features together before I jump in.

17. PhilL

Yes upgrade pricing is in the announcement at the bottom.

I think so, I'll check and find out.

In light of Stantons Final Scratch announcement I don't know, I'll ask.

Nope its an audio cable for quick connecting the decks.

Not yet but I'm trying.

Phil

18. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

lol finalscratch goes quasi open source and ni brings new overpriced hardware dongled traktor scratch ...

that was the absolute wrong turn. if ni was any kind of intelligent they just sell timecode vinyls together with traktor 3 and let the user choose the hardware.

whats next ??? every driver update for their fantastic superstable "USB" device cost extra money ?

btw is there a solution to disable the new great "could not read mp3 tags" feature of traktor 3.2.0.80 for windows ?

ahh between another idea how to get more money out of a customer. "no replacement vinyls" if you need new replacement vinyls you have to buy the complete product again ! yeahhh ... what an idea :)

19. PhilL

Did you read the text under the links? It says they may not be immediately available. I have done everything I can on my end to get all the news in your hands immediately it was permitted.

20. DiDigital

we need pictures .. guys .. we need pictures !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.