1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NAMM Traktor Announcement - News Now Available

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by PhilL, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

@ MixMasterMark

Cirrus Logic is a chipset manufacturer, not a CPU manufacturer.

You're referring to Cyrix that used to make the 6x86L cpu's.

Just wanted to clear that up.

2. MixMasterMark

MixMasterMark NI Product Owner

Re: Announcing The Native Instruments Audio 8 DJ

It's not a matter of spending the money or not. It's making sure we spend it wisely and get as much return on the spent money as possible. I would have spent $1,000 on something else a few months ago if I'd have known my NI/Stanton solution was not going to be supported in 90 days. I bought Traktor 3 and then bought SA2 only a few months ago. This is no ROI for me.

So with a family of 4 to feed, I took some hard earned cash and bought, wait, INVESTED, in a solution that would get me gigs to help pay the bills at home. Now their telling me "Don't upgrade, your not supported". So I have a piece of software (TDJ3) that will remain, with all its good and all its bugs, as it is. This isn’t the risky stock market where you can lose investments or this wasn’t supposed to feel like I bet on a horse and lost.

Boy, do I feel left out in the cold!

I’ll have to soak this in a little more but at the moment I really feel like if I’m going to have to spent more hard earned cash, it won’t be with the people who left me flat.

~ Mix Master Mark ~

3. mal1ce

mal1ce NI Product Owner

Which would be Stanton.
    NI had no control over Stanton forcing NI to yank the current timecode support out of T3.

4. nohiphop

nohiphop NI Product Owner

Is there really no THRU functionality for the input?

or is this integrated in the cable set?

5. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

In short no. I think you will find the late model Cirus DSPs very well regarded by those in the know with respect to bit accuracy reliability, Jitter and several other matters. We might ask Nem0nic or other Sound pros their thoughts on this.

Phil

6. PhilL

I think I read it was integrated into the cable set.

7. Dids

Dids NI Product Owner

Ok so only 2 decks at a time, but let's say I have 2CDJ and 2Vinyl, can I have all 4 plugged in at one time and easily switch between the decks via the software (mixing only two at a time)?

8. djkee

djkee NI Product Owner

A few questions...

Did NI develop their own timecode, or is this based on another timecode system (SSL, Ms Pinky, FS, DigiScratch, etc.)?

Will NI sell the multicore cables as a separate accessory? Would the multicore cable work with other hardware (FSSA2, SSL, etc.)? If yes, this would make a great thing for clubs and installations to make it easy for one DJ to use Traktor and a guest DJ to use SSL or vice versa.

So it sounds to me like NI was working on their new hardware (Audio DJ 8) and Stanton pulled the plug to spite NI and any Traktor users who bought their scratchamp simply to get vinyl control for Traktor 2.6/3.X.

Or did NI develop the Audio DJ 8 after Stanton pulled support?

9. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

100% i agree with you. :)

10. djquartz

I have one question?!

Why the hell isn't everyone yelling at Stanton to allow NI to add back in FS2 support INSTEAD of NI?

And if T3 is such a HORRIBLE program why isn't everyone still using TFS 2.0.3 where it was dropped on it's face?

11. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

Because it wouldn't do any good.

According to the info on the website, gain compensation for the incomming timecode is done automatically.

12. MixMasterMark

OK but NI could have come out with a TC solution without forcing the Audio8 knowing full well we would utilize our SA's in soundcard mode or whatever sound card we had. This would have saved a bundle for me if my thinking that TC CD's would have been around $25 or $75 or so.

Virtual DJ's TC works through my SA, without the so called 'SA/FS Support' and it's a free download from their website. Go figure.

This is not to say I don't like the Audio8. It seems like a DJ's dream. I think if I had nothing, like I did a few months ago, I would have probably bought it.

~ Mix Master Mark ~

13. MixMasterMark

Thanks! I stand corrected and informed :)

14. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

I did not buy the stanton sctrach amp. I can understand how someone might feel if they did. I'm not taking sides. In the past I've bought a lot of hardware with downgraded versions of different software packages. I've even went on and bought the full versions of some these software ie. I purchased the m-box and it had reason. I updated to the full version. Now if m-box would not work with reason anymore. I would be slow into buying any of their products in the future. whos to say if i went out and bought a new soundcard for reason and then suddenly they have a bad relation ship with another company and so on and vise versa. I think the split is a bad rep for both.

15. nohiphop

nohiphop NI Product Owner

Oh, there was an email last year, which told me that I should upgrade Traktor before 01.01.07 if I still want FS support. I did the update because I like Traktor and I hoped that there is a (soft) path from migration from FS - Vinyls to NI Vinyls.
    If NI would have stated at this time, that I have to buy new hardware to use NI DVS, I wouldn't have done the upgrade.

I needn't yell at Stanton as I can use the scratchamp with most available software, and its up to the software to support DVS (like Mixibes, Virtual DJ).
    My scratchamp is running.
    My Final Scratch 2.03 was running
    My Traktor 2.60 was running
    Traktor 3 ist the most unstable of all (in conjunction with FS2), especially these nasty screen freezes ...

Why does NI force us to buy new hardware for DVS?
    There is no technical need for such thing.
    I think this is the main thing for complaints
    (from the DVS users, not for the MIDI Controller user ;-) )

16. djquartz

I'm hoping this will provide a path for resolution, http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=45323

NI was forced by Stanton to remove the support, end of story!

If NI is allowed to put back the known working Stanton timecode engine fine.

If they are forced legally to re-develop SA2 support around this new FS Open platform, forget it! If it breaks, Stanton has no liability because it is a FREE software development kit.

Keep that in mind.

17. PhilL

What leads you to this conclusion? At this point we simply don't know. I would dearly like to start doing preliminary testing against 10.5 but have been unable to get hooked into the developer network to test out the code to do so.

Phil

18. mercenarywrench

mercenarywrench NI Product Owner

Yo...Has anyone checked out Numark;s new TotalControl midi controller??? It was just introduced at NAMM and comes minus audio interface and looks very well thoughtout.

19. grikschatj

grikschatj NI Product Owner

Just a hunch I guess. FS2 didn't work with 10.4 until version 2.0.3. Yes yes, I know it was Stanton, but it still had the NI logo on it. Traktor 3 with FS support didn't work with Intel Macs until 3.2.0. It seems very reasonable that 3.2.0 won't work with 10.5.

Further, as someone who designs software, I know that the first problem I have with 3.2.0 after TS is released I'm sure I will hear that I need to upgrade.

All my bitterness aside, the more I read about and look at TS, the more excited I'm getting. Still not thrilled about spending the money, but it looks like an amazing product.

20. MixMasterMark

With some time to soak it in, I have some initial feelings I'd like to share.

My first feelings are disappointed that Stanton did not have anything for me to really compare my choices against. Open? WGAF. Give me something I can picture myself still using in a year. Show us our $600 went toward some real development not conceptual thinking. They lost me.

My second feelings are pissed off that I have to spend more money if I want to continue product updates/fixes and DVS support for Traktor. NI should give new owners SA2/FS2/TDJS3 a massive discount to help ease the financial pain of having just spent a bundle without time for ROI and show a sign of humanity to their existing customers pockets.

My third feelings are Audio 8 with T3 looks like a great product solution. nem0nic and others have pointed out a closed DVS, forcing the Audio 8, will make for a better product and I do agree. NI has quite a bit of weight/products out there and it looks like they'll be in it for the long haul. I'd say their the best bet for forward thinking solutions in our DJ world.

Discount or not, I'll be saving my coins till I can afford this.

Sometimes we can turn a cheek to a situation and see how it plays out. So I show NI how vendor loyalty works and maybe one day they can show me how customer loyalty works (and I'm not talking about a ring tone download!). But I only have one other cheek! This isn't baseball, I don't wait for a third strike.

And last but not lease, It's these very NI forums that have helped build my initial bond to Traktor and I'm not ready to walk away from that. As I was learning Traktor I received much love and support from people like nem0nic, native_girl, djquartz, phil, and others. Yeah, I have made friends in other forums as well but when you combine a well made product with a well moderated/supported user community, I guess it just speaks for itself!

I'm in!

~ Mix Master Mark ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.