nano looper pedal help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by peter grand, Sep 25, 2017.

1. peter grand

peter grand New Member

Hi all i have this ROWIN LN - 332 Nano Looper Guitar pedal but it wont record or playback. you can hear guitar through amp when its plugged into it. but red light is on all time no green light which means you can playback what you played. when green light is on

the software is called LoopSuite V1.8

I think its because I updated firmware, as it did work at 1st. but now nothing just a red light. is there anyway of reversing the firmware, on loopersuite v1.8 it shows a song but says empty and it wont let you delete it I still think its to do with firmware

hope someone knows how to fix it

snapLoop.jpg

snapLoop2.jpg

I would have thought at least 1 person here could help me, but with 18 views I guess not, I was hoping this could be sorted

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. CarlGuitar

CarlGuitar New Member

I have the same problem but with an ammoon nano looper. I've looked all over the internet for a solution but it looks like nobody cares enough. There is tons of advertisements telling you to buy the looper, but there is no support T_T. Apparently the looper cannot do what the advertisers claim. They say you can upload songs to and from it with your computer, but the very first time anyone tries to do that, it dies, and there are no instructions online whatsover, with no support. Should have saved my money and bought one of those expensive ones.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  3. Patacon

Patacon New Member

hi i bought the ammoon nano looper and i have the same problem
    the ammoon nano looper and the rowin nano looper are identical

4. V-man

V-man New Member

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have exact same problem, the only difference is I can't find v1.8 loopersuite (I have v1.4) and therefore can't update the firmware. Looks like the error occurs when you try to upload a wav file to it.

5. Patacon

Patacon New Member

Hello
    Any news about this problem?
    Thanks

6. Yves_uke

Yves_uke New Member

Hi guys,
    I do have news !
    First I have to apologize for my bad english (I'm french), but I think this might help some of you.

I had approximately the same issue : after the first connection to my mac to download a loop the pedal did not work anymore. There was no light at all, and the LooperSuite (v1.4) failed to connect to the pedal, download and upload did not work at all.

I removed the two rubber pad on the bottom of the pedal and opened it (4 philips screws). Once you've done it you don't need to remove the footswitch nor the the jack connector on the sides : they do not hold the PCB which easily come when you gently pull it.

This is not a "step by step how-to", as I don't really know what I did to make it work... Please try this with keeping in mind that this pedal is totally out of order and is intended to go to the trash bin. You won't have any regrets if it doesn't work for you.

You can now plug the 9V DC socket.
    What I did with the power on : with the tip of a flat screwdriver I try to make short between all the tiny ICs legs (big A2 IC in the center and all the other smaller ones). I disconnected several times the power and then reconnected it before I did it again. I then played with the footswitch button (the big flat black button) keeping on disconnecting and reconnecting the power socket.
    After 3 or 5 minutes doing it the light turn to red and after I tried other combination of connecting/disconnecting power while keeping pressure on the footswitch button (or not) I get a green flashing light. The pedal had coming back to life !

I didn't plugged it anymore to a PC or a Mac since then, and the pedal works like the first day I get it : perfectly.
    Downside : I don't want to take the risk to plug it anymore on a computer, so I can't use the "save loop" function.

Let me know if this help one of you.

7. peter grand

peter grand New Member

Hi Yves_uke I dont suppose you have a video on this or maybe images

8. Yves_uke

Yves_uke New Member

Hi,
    No, sorry. No videos, no images.
    What I can do is taking a picture of the guts so you can, at least, check if you have exactly the same pedal as mine.

I guess you already tried what I described and it didn't work for you ?

9. peter grand

peter grand New Member

no i have not tried it yet as thats why I needed images of what you touch, whats PCB and also what is the tiny ICs legs (big A2 IC in the center and all the other smaller ones). mean

10. Yves_uke

Yves_uke New Member

Well, I guess you'll understand what that means once the pedal will be opened...
    An IC is an "integrated circuit" or a chip. The big one (black square) is marked "A2". It has small metallic legs that connects to the PCB (Printed Circuit Board), this is where you should try to short legs with a metal tool (screwdriver or other).
    Again : I'm not sure if it'll work for you. And to be honest I don't know which part of the process worked for me...

11. peter grand

peter grand New Member

Yes thats what I was doing other day that chip says 2A on it not A2 but all I get is red light just go off when I touch the IC legs of that chip, then when I press footswitch button red light comes on agaon no green light at all you must have got lucky

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Yves_uke

Yves_uke New Member

You're right... Or perhaps my problem was not the same as your...
    When I think of it now I remember that the problem was solved when "playing" with the DC socket and pressing the footswitch button.

I'm thinking of bugging my pedal again just to make a video of how I debug it :)
    Not sure yet...

13. peter grand

peter grand New Member

could you see my image above ok. I may also try different things too, I have 2 pedals broke. so it seems a common problem with these pedals. it will be nice if you can show us in a video what you do

14. Gabriel Lupinacci

Gabriel Lupinacci New Member

Pleasee bug your pedal and show us what you did to fix it. You will be the hero of many people!

15. Gabriel Lupinacci

Gabriel Lupinacci New Member

I think I just solved the problem.

1. connect the pedal to a computer that preferably has a 3.0 usb port
    2. upload any .wav file (in my case, it had + - 100kb)
    3. Plug the 9v power supply
    4. Hold the footswitch to get the memory clear

In my case, the problem was the file "song001 - empty" stuck in the pedal. When it tried to play, it found the empty file (0kb).
    **O.S. used to run the software was Windows 8.1

Sorry for bad english, I'm Brazilian. Hope this helps someone.

16. Hev

Hev New Member

any news lately?

17. Sergeyshik

Sergeyshik New Member

Кто-нибудь решил проблему? У кого-нибудь есть прошивка для него?

18. livinLarg

livinLarg New Member

to all that had this problem with the Rowin Nano looper after trying to use looper software ver 1.7 - I had the same prob and the looper did not function (blinking green light) the fix that worked for me is:
    I created a file using Cool Edit consisting of 10 sec of silence MONO at 16 bit 44.1k and named it 'empty song'
    i started looper software, plugged the Nano into a USB (ignore hi speed port messages)
    It does connect with program - and imported the file 'empty song' AND it did read it.....saw the green progress bar - then Success message
    I was getting error messages with every other wav file I tried but the 10 second silence wav worked.
    I then unplugged the Nano from the USB port without closing the program - I then plugged 9v into Nano and everything worked correctly.
    I am a little skiddish about trying to repeat - but I just don't want to mess with it anymore at this time

• Like Like x 1
  19. Halvalife

Halvalife New Member

Friends, I can’t download LooperSuite version 1.8, Version 1.7 only. Can anyone post version 1.8?

20. danielrosspurvis

danielrosspurvis New Member

I thought I would add my 2p as there is little info online about this issue.

Long story short, Ive had 5 of these pedals in total after being refunded each time for the faulty pedals and trying different manufacturers to see if I could get my hands on a good one that would not bug.
    This is because I rely on the size and simplicity of the pedal.

from my experience with these pedals not only are they all 100% clones of each other regardless of brand but also they all can be bugged in one of two ways.

1. rowin
    2. amoon
    3. amoons v2
    4. donner
    5. rowins v2 (fixed using 1.7 software trick 3 times)
    : v2 were just painted a different colour to make it seem fixed it seems.

The two ways they become bugged are unfortunately unavoidable given enough time. They are as follows;
    1. The pedal is bugged while playing .This has happened a good few times to mine where during a jam were ill create around ten loops from scratch each time. after deleting a loop thats no different to the rest, the pedal refuses to function.
    This seems to be solvable with the rowin brand pedals using the software trick already described.

2. The looper is connected via usb an a file is added to the empty device via the software. This has bricked the devices the rest of the time oddly even after successfully using this function to add a backing track I've composed to the unit as well as wavs downloaded from the internet. so therefore a range of wav. qualities an sizes. Using the software method does not resolve this way it becomes bugged.

I have not found any solution other wise sadly to say and opening the device and tampering hasn't come of anything. It seems to be a firmware issue for sure or at least an IC malfunction.