Native Access: Failed downloads/ failed installs/ failed activation

Discussion in 'NATIVE ACCESS' started by BlakeHeartsMusic, Nov 3, 2016.

1. BlakeHeartsMusic

BlakeHeartsMusic New Member

PAL 1 Errors/ HTTPS failed to read errors / Installed Libraries stuck in "Demo" mode and unable to activate, and currently Native Access crashed, claims to still be open, and can't force quit.

Customer support requests sent out October 24th, response I received today "delete and try to install again"
    (I've been trying that for over a week)

Komplete 11 Ultimate and Maschine 2 owner, currently unable to download/ install 18 libraries I own

(system info, for those curious: Mac Pro Late 2013, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, plenty of internal and external hard drive space)

2. BlakeHeartsMusic

Update, I've probably received 4+ responses instructing me to delete files from previously attempted installs/ delete preferences plist files/ re-install Native Access. I did all of these things prior to contacting them, have gone through the same steps multiple times, sent multiple NI_Info files via the support tool.

Almost 2 weeks now of trying to install Komplete 11 Ultimate libraries on my music production desktop. Even when I can get the libraries to download, they fail to activate, and remain in demo mode. If I click "activate" in Kontakt, it re-directs me to the Service Center, asking me to activate Komplete 11 Ultimate. If I click activate in Service Center, it crashes every time.

I'm a Komplete 11 Ultimate and Maschine MK2 owner, and was seriously about to go out and purchase Komplete Kontrol keyboard, but I have a complete lack of faith in NI at the moment. Other producers/ composers I know (successful industry professionals) have cracked/ pirated copies of these products, meanwhile, I'm waiting weeks to use something I already purchased. I'm against piracy, and usually quick to defend the companies that make music production tools, but this is beyond ridiculous, as they are able to use the products.

I'm going to try contacting NI via phone, and I'm hoping that by publicly posting my situation, it will encourage NI to be more accountable.

3. BlakeHeartsMusic

In case anybody lands on this page, I've since resolved the issue. I previously owned a full Komplete 9 registration. I purchased a full Komplete 11 Ultimate (not upgrade). I tried to de-activate my Komplete 9 to sell (since I own all of the registered products within my K11U activation). There seems to be trouble activating products when you have pending de-activated products. The issue was on NI's end and it took several weeks before an NI support member was able to clarify. I cancelled the activation transfers for the redundant products, and was able to activate my K11U products. I'm glad that the issue was solved, and perhaps this will clarify if anybody else is having a similar activation issue.

4. Bram @ NI

Bram @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi BlakeHeartsMusic,

Sorry you had to suffer so long with this one!

FYI: your case actually triggered a fix for all native access users who were in the same situation! So this error should no longer happen...!

- bram

5. TJ Borbonus

TJ Borbonus New Member

I still have issues with downloads freezing multiple times during every instrument I download. I own K11, Maschine Studio, Maschine Mk2, Maschine Mikro Mk2, Kks61 and most of the Maschine Expansions but every time I buy something new or change PCs I takes days for me to download any 100mb + file. My internet speed is 120mbps. I end up having to end task to force close application and restart multiple times. Ive reinstalled Native access over and over with the same result. Please fix this!

6. Bram @ NI

Bram @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi TJ Borbonus,

please contact support with this issue...

- bram

7. TJ Borbonus

TJ Borbonus New Member

Still waiting for an answer back from a few weeks ago about the touchstrip issues on the kks61. At least here people respond. Love the brand ......but not a fan of the service/support.