Native Access resets libraries into demo mode

Discussion in 'NATIVE ACCESS' started by tool8, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marc phil NI community

marc phil NI community New Member

I had a thought - tanks to Sal's mail - perhaps the Native Access demo-ing pertain to another account with which we bought other products - I realised that I have 2 accounts over the years. I'm only guessing, but hopefully NI will chime in at some point :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

It could definitely explain a thing or two. After so many reports it definitely seems like something caused within Native Access, I never had any issues with it myself but I also have only 1 account.

3. spiderfinger

spiderfinger NI Product Owner

My user account has been the same since 2005. I forgot to mention that my activation got screwed when I clicked on "check for updates"

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

And where did you find that option? Because from what I can see there's no such option in Native Access, not on Windows anyway, not even in the "available updates" tab:

upload_2020-5-7_21-12-52.png

Leading up to the question: are you using the same software?

5. spiderfinger

Sorry, I misspoke. Yes, mine says "Available Updates". Of course I'm using the same software.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. spiderfinger

UPDATE: Somehow my CSS library got automatically locked due to "hitting the install limit" and Alex at Cinematic Series had to unlock and reset the authorizations. What I don't get is that I didn't do anything other than click on "Available updates", some text flashed indicating some operation happening (too fast to remember) and that's when CSS went into Demo mode. No other libraries affected.

7. zerostudios

zerostudios NI Product Owner

Getting the same problem here with a lot of older libraries all of a sudden. Hoping NI will have a fix other than calling every vendor to reset license codes. :(

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Do you open a ticket at NI SUPPORT?

I don't dare to start NA.

9. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

demo mode here too- dm307, and both aeon releases. scarbee stuff all highlighted for repair. what did you guys do to my system ni ?

(w7-64)

10. spiderfinger

This is the reply I got from NI support:

"Hello,
    Please try the following basic troubleshooting that can help get the DEMO warning to disappear.

If your product opens as DEMO or shows a DEMO warning in Native Access, first of all, please make sure you are logged in to Native Access with the correct email address where you have your products registered. If you do not login with the right email address your product will appear with a DEMO warning.

If you have made sure you are logged in with the correct email address, please try the following basic troubleshooting that can also get the DEMO warning to disappear.
    Go the directories listed below that pertains to your operating system:

For Mac
    Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

For Windows
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Then delete the following .xml files:
    Native Access.xml
    NAME OF PRODUCT IN DEMO MODE.xml

Should that not help either, please go to the following article and thoroughly go through all the steps to make sure you get the desired result:

https://support.native-instruments....tion-failed-Internal-error-during-activation-

Restart your computer and Native Access afterwards.

Should you have a third party library that is locked, please reach out to the manufacturer regarding this".

I asked Alex from Cinematic Series if he could explain the workings of "install limits" and he replied:

"Usually registrations are recorded whenever you enter your serial into Native Access. So if you install it on your main machine, register it there, and then copy it to a second machine and register it there too, then you will have used 2 of your 4 installation slots. So far that sounds straightforward, but occasionally Native Access will detect hardware changes in a computer and conclude that it must have been installed on another machine, so it records an additional hardware profile, using up another install slot. So you might have previously installed a new hard drive or RAM etc using up slots, and then it looks like this update might have triggered an additional requirement to re-register - it's controlled by NI and we don't really know the exact mechanism so it's all a bit mysterious I'm afraid!

But either way, we can easily unlock the serial, apart from in the odd case here and there where a user is clearly violating the terms and conditions (eg using it in a multi-user setting, sharing with a friend etc)."

Why on earth doesn't NI make it possible for users to authorize/de-authorize machines and manage our available installs in Native Access directly so we don't get blind-sided by what comes across as a bug? The Toontrack Product Manager, for example, makes that process easy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Done - and start NA: the both Kore compilations and the Guitar Rig selection for Maschine are in DEMO mode now.
    So as I don't own NI hardware, there is no missing of Maschine software.
    The Kore player i use rarely.

12. Gieve

Gieve NI Product Owner

I have the same problems. Since I opened Native Access to update some libraries, I lost activation of 7 other libraries, from 4 different developers (Heavyocity, Sample Logic, Best Service, Cinesamples). When I try to put the serial again, it says it's locked. According to Native website, I should contact each developer, like if, mysteriously, they all locked my libraries at the same time... I tried the manipulation described above with the xml files. Didn't do anything. I had similar problems like this in the past, that I managed to solve by using the old Service Center. I would activate the missing libraries there, and the changes would then appear on Access. Unfortunately, Center and Access seem now independent. My libraries are activated on Service Center but still not on Access.

If I go to my account here on the website, I see all my libraries, with their serials. But these ones aren't recognized on Access. I have deadlines to meet while some work in progress actually use some of these libraries. I'm kind of panicking here... :(

13. laszlozoltan

I deleted the xml files I could find which was only the native access xml, I was unable to locate the 3 heavyocity modules xml files. nevertheless there was no change when I restarted native access- they remain as DEMO. clearly this is a result of NI. NI has the responsibility to address and rectify this post-haste !

• Like Like x 1
  14. Taylor.S.Mefford

Taylor.S.Mefford New Member

I will also chime in that my oldest library, Tapspace's Virtual Drumline 2.5.5 is also appearing in Demo Mode in Native Access and Kontakt. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't have opened up an older project.

I have tried deleting the XML Files as well as Deleting the Native Instruments folder in the Public Documents location. Neither have worked. I have not tried reinstalling.

15. laszlozoltan

NI put us on ignore mode ?

16. Zadillo

Zadillo New Member

I'm having a bunch of issues with Native Access as well - went to launch it today after going to install Sonokinetic Ibrido Cinematica, and found that a bunch of my libraries were showing as Demo mode.

I've been trying to refresh them - some of them switch to say Full Version and some give errors saying that "Installation failed: Directory does not contain a valid library" - getting this with a number of SonicCouture libraries, Cinesamples Abbey Road Classic Upright Pianos, Albion IV, etc. In some cases they'll say they "installed" successfully but then a bit later it will show an error about activation failing.

What's going on here?

17. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey Everyone!
    Just a friendly reminder that if you have an issue with your activation, you would need to contact our support teams. We are happy to assist when we can on the forum but this is not an official support channel. You can get in touch with us here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002705378
    It looks like there is multiple root cause for the demo mode and so we would need to gather more info from everyone.

18. Gieve

Gieve NI Product Owner

In my case, as surprising as it was, the problem was coming from 3 different developers at the same time!!! (speak about unlikely!). Two out of the three have solved the problem by reactivating the serials (for 6 libraries). For the last vst, the developer told me to put the serial again on Access. I did it, with a message saying it was activated, but on my products list, it's still in demo. I'm waiting for the developer's answer, but I might go back to Native for that last one. We'll see. Anyway, for the first 6 libraries, the fault was not Native's, unlike what I thought.

19. Zadillo

Zadillo New Member

As a follow up, whatever was happening yesterday seems to have been resolved. I opened up Native Access this morning and refreshed, and all of the libraries that were showing as in Demo mode updated and activated properly - both first party NI stuff and third party stuff.

20. laszlozoltan

nah- heavyocity's still in demo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.