Native Access resets libraries into demo mode

Discussion in 'NATIVE ACCESS' started by tool8, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

My content for Kore is in demo-mode but I can use them in the Kore player.
    Is NI-NA wrong informed?

2. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

Not solved. Log on details unchanged.

3. ThomasFormat82

ThomasFormat82 New Member

When do you expect to find a solution to this issue. I'm having to deliver sub standard audio on commercial projects because of this issue. I have tried every step XML deletion the works. still all my Ultimate products (which I've had since 2015) are in Demo mode. Please advice.

4. ThomasFormat82

Native Instruments - Guys I know its a weird time at the moment - but I don't think you're grasping the problems this is causing some of us. I've got content due for broadcast, that I can't finish - Raising tickets and just getting stock answers pointing me to generic fixes isn't working - like you have mentioned, there is obviously a few issues here. But I need to chat with someone from tech support without delay. If Adobe can do it (my studio had an issue with creative suite this week and it was resolved in under 2 hours. This is serious now NI.

5. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey Thomas,
    Did you fill a ticket as suggested in my reply ? If so, can you please share the request number so I can have a closer look.
    Thank you!

6. ThomasFormat82

• Like Like x 1
  7. laszlozoltan

update: I contacted Heavyocity and they reset my product activation. When I started Native Access all those products showed "Full Version" with no prompting. Loaded and tested in Kontakt 5 as normal.
    (W7-64)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matt @ NI

After helping some of you on that thread, it looks like there is two issues here:

- You have the demo mode on third party instruments. it's possible that you've exceeded the amount of activation allowed by the manufacturer.
    - You have the demo mode on our products. The license may not in the account and you are most likely not logged into Native Access with the right email.

Either way, you can contact us so we can double check for you:
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002705378

9. laszlozoltan

except for the fact that I did not do anything but run Native Access and found 3rd party instruments that have been activated a single time in a 4 year installation inexplicably in demo mode....

10. Matt @ NI

Yes, that's why I said "possible" ;)
    I can't speak to every individual scenario but so far that was the large majority.

11. Gieve

Gieve NI Product Owner

I had 7 libraries, from 3 different developers, deactivated and brought back into demo mode. I contacted Native support, and they told me to contact the developers, which I did. It turned out that for 2 out of the 3, indeed, they had locked by mistake the serials. They undid it, and everything is cool. The latter case is more problematic. Best Service confirmed me they never locked the serial. They even reactivated it, just in case. Still in demo mode in Native Access. So, for that specific library, the problem comes from Native Access. I contacted the Native support. Waiting for their reply...

• Like Like x 1
  12. mibarbaro

mibarbaro NI Product Owner

This morning I started up Native Access to update Massive X and boom! Most of my Komplete 12 Ultimate products are in DEMO.
    No 3rd party products, no wrong e-mail account. I did some procedures like "Deleting the .xml files, and others, as adviced on forums. I restarted NA, refreshed, retried, restarted PC, and so on. Nothing has helped.
    I opened a ticket. Let's wait.

13. Chris Richardson

Chris Richardson New Member

A lot of money invested in Komplete 5 - 12 over the years. This is a really nasty thing to have happen on the day that I am just trying to print my final mixes for my client's 13 song LP. The project is done and I only to need to print the masters. But I can't since many of my plugins are in DEMO mode. With the problem being reported at least 6 months ago and still no real solution, I may have to rethink continuing to back this company since I have effectively been put out of work by a lack of response to this issue.

Yes I have followed all directions and suggestions which have not resolved my issue and have submitted a ticket #2222724.

Please help fast as my project is with a major label and the dead lines are extremely real.

14. Gieve

Gieve NI Product Owner

10 days have passed. Still no news from Native. The developers (Best Service) confirmed me that they didn't lock the serial and that I needed to contact Native Instruments. But Native don't answer. The crazy thing: I bought the VST, I bought Kontakt 5, and I can't use the product. When I think that people who use pirated versions of these can actually use it, but I, who bought them can't, I feel there's something very wrong, here. What's terrible is that I actually love Kontakt as a sampler, it's easily my favorite one, but they need to deal with this kind of problems otherwise it makes it unreliable. We live from our music and our gigs, we need to be able to rely on our software. Fortunately, I didn't need that specific library for my work right now, but if that had been the case, I'd be furious and in big trouble.

15. Matt @ NI

Looks like you had two accounts and simply logged in with the wrong one ... just as I indicated in one of my previous post ;)

16. Matt @ NI

What is your request number ?

17. Gieve

Gieve NI Product Owner

Hi Matt,

The request number was: 2201745

In the last email I received, dated May 14th, it was said that the request was deemed solved. I replied several times to that email, explaining the situation, saying that for several libraries, I could indeed solve the problem directly with the third parties, but for that specific library from Best Service, the problem was at Native's, not at the third party, who confirmed me that the serial was unlocked on their side. I asked Native to reactivate my serial on May 18th. No news since then.

18. Matt @ NI

It seems like we replied to you on the same day.
    The issue is not with your Best Service product here but Cinematic Strings (unless I'm missing something). I looked in your account and it seems this was locked months ago. Refreshing or updating NA probably just refreshed the activation and so finally caught up on your missing activation.
    Have you tried to contact this manufacturer ?

19. Gieve

Gieve NI Product Owner

You're confusing me with someone else. My problem is not with Cinematic Strings, it is with Ethno World Pro 4 Download Edition, from Best Service. And as I wrote above, I already contacted them, and they confirmed me that on their side, the library is not locked, and that the problem is coming from Native.

20. Gieve

Gieve NI Product Owner

Hmmm... Apparently Cinematic Strings is locked, but I hadn't even noticed it (I don't really use it). I'll check with the developers. But my problem is still there for Ethno World Pro 4 Download Edition. And for this one, I have an email from Best Service confirming it shouldn't be locked. Could you please finally unlock it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.