@Native Instrument, how about a Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol MK2 Bundle giveaway for the forum?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hit-Man, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

Did I miss a email that Native Instruments sent out that asked.... "Who all wants a free Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol MK2?"
    [​IMG]

It seems like a lot people got free Maschine MK3's and Komplete Kontrol MK2's from Native Instruments, must be nice.

[​IMG]

Maybe Native Instruments can do some type of Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol MK2 bundle giveaway for the forum members. The only requirements would be that the forum member has a certain amount of post and has been a member for a certain amount of time or just leave it open and let anybody who's a member of the forum enter the giveaway. Also, it doesn't have to be just one winner... maybe two lucky forum members can win?

Make it happen Native Instruments Adil @ NI, Mick @ NI, Florian G @ NI!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I'm sure there will be something like that in the future.

3. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Nice idea. We can do a nice giveaway for forum members - but it won't happen for a little while yet so perhaps in a few months.

• Like Like x 2
  4. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...there may be one - I guess, it might be called Christmas Beat Battle. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

Thanks for the response Keir @ NI.

I think every time you guys at Native Instruments release a new controller you should have some type of giveaway of that product here on the forum. I also think that when you guys release a new product you should offer maybe a 15% off discount for anyone who pre-orders before the products release date. That would really help promote sales early on. I never bought the Maschine Jam but if when it was announced there was a 15% off discount for all pre-orders I may have pre-ordered one just off impulse because of the 15% off discount. Native Instruments may not be getting $399(retail price of JAM) from me but you still would be getting $339.15(15% off pre-order)... that's better than nothing... NI still wins.

These are just some things to think about when you guys at Native Instruments are releasing new products.

6. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

I don't think that's a good idea for this type of giveaway. I think all forum members should be included in a Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol MK3 Bundle giveaway not just those who compete in the Beat Battles. Everybody should have a chance to win this Maschine MK3, KK MK2 Bundle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Every time I see a giveaway where the winner is random a unicorn dies somewhere, I much rather see talent-based competitions, not necessarily beat battles but at least something that requires more effort than putting your email on a signup list...

I got this social project I do every year where we "teach" young people from impoverished neighborhoods to make music, basically, for a few months we cover everything from making beats, filming and editing music videos to a finished album and a live performance. I've met many really talented young folks who cant afford to buy things like Maschine so the thought of some random dude winning stuff he might not use or care about annoys me... What if a rich dude wins? That's even more aggravating...

• Like Like x 3
  8. t2k

t2k NI Product Owner

Fully agree. I’d rather see gear getting donated to those who’ll really use it than getting a discount I don’t need myself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Happenstance

Happenstance New Member

I've had an open ticket due to an issue where something takes exclusive control of my scene changes so I can't change them with my mk2 mikro, took them 8 days to finally respond then tech support requested I temporarily move a file which I couldn't find and is no where to be found on my computer when I search for it.

I'm a little fed up with the giveaways considering I own every bit of native instrument software and this is 3rd support ticket in the span of a year where I basically had to post daily to get a response. Ticks me off when I see them giving away free hardware while ignoring current customers that have a sizable amount of money invested in the products that funded these giveaways. They can't seem to work out all the bugs in their current hardware so why not just release a new lineup. They've gotten just about every dime they're going to get out of me. I don't have a traktor controller or a komplete kontrol but software wise not really much more I can throw money at that they offer.

No offense but if they start giving away hardware in the forums I'm done with native instruments. I've never had a company treat me this way and that free hardware probably needs to go towards them hiring more support techs.

Course if you use maschine presets or samples on youtube about 60% of the time there's a fraudulent copyright by some artist. Messaged NI about that close to two years ago and originally was told that it was not their problem. Did eventually hear "we're working with youtube to alleviate this issue" that was a year ago and still same crap. Not sure where but NI has just turned into a cash grab.

10. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Both

• Like Like x 1
  11. D-One

You have been in contact with the support team for one whole year to fix one issue? Are you serious or is that a hyperbole?
    Also, you think it's bad that a company does giveaways? I'm legit confused...

o_O
    Sorry, that makes no sense what so ever.
    What does NI have to do with people using samples they don't have permission to? Do you also message Akai when people sample illegal stuff on it? Ableton? Imagine-Line? Do you call their ISP when people download illegal movies or music? If a serial killer buys a knife at Ikea and kills some people is it Ikea's fault?

Edit, my bad for misunderstanding this.

12. Happenstance

Happenstance New Member

Seeing as how Native Instrument's holds the copyright to the material there's nothing users of that material can do since current DMCA regulations require the copyright holder. Usually isn't that big of an issue since most will release the claim but there's a few that won't. They charge $45 for rights to use the material but as the true rights holder without them going after those illegally registering the copyright it just continues.

They told me a year ago they were looking into doing something about this but seems that was just their way of getting me off their back, then I had an open ticket for a week over this scene change issue before I even heard anything back.

Nice to see that the forum moderators uphold the same standard as the rest of NI. Should have known I'd receive a teen angst troll response. This company's a joke.

13. D-One

I deleted my previous post because I just realized I totally misunderstood what you said samples/sounds/copyright claims... How can NI stop random artists from making those claims though? I seen people do that kind of thing just out of pure hate/jelousy for a specific YouTuber, its sad but true, i worked in the gaming industry where this sort of immaturity happens much more often than in Music. I understand your point of view but IMHO this is a youtube issue and they are responsible, it's their platform.

14. Happenstance

Happenstance New Member

When they charge $45 for expansions which grants rights for commercial use they should take more of a proactive approach. These aren't just samples their original midi sequences that go with the kits in the expansions. There are a few shady labels that are taking advantage of NI nor doing anything about these fraudulent claims and with youtubes dispute policy it leaves he artists using them in a bind since they lose monetization rights and pursuing a dispute can easily leave the channel with a copyright strike and youtubes tricky in that if the track with the registered copyright is on YouTube any rights holder can file a takedown notice, however if it isn't on YouTube but still acknowledged by contentid there's no course of action unless you hold the actual copyright. My point in this is NI''s support stated one thing but never followed up, actually one of my tickets timed out with no response from NI and was closed. Yeah, I understand clearing but it's the principle that NI is just allowing this to happen after telling a few of us that they were working to remedy it. Honesty goes a long way and I know with the ToS agreements NI is saying one thing because these fraudulent claims are actually breaking the commercial use part I'd the maschine expansion ToS. They know the main label doing this and it wouldn't take much if they'd just pursue the culprit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Happenstance

Happenstance New Member

Nothing like waking up to an artist bring showcased on Facebook with the new maschine hardware when I've had a ticket open with no response for a week, finally got a response but no remedy. Couple grand wrapped up in NI software and hardware and just had it with their lack of good customer service